New to home theater

Username: Eflee

Post Number: 2
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me.I hooked up my stuff and can only get pro logic out of it.I have the Audiovox CE3000HT,a Comcast Digital Cable Box that says digital dolby,a Sanyo 32 in t.v model #3259G, and a Emerson DVD and VHS recorder model # EWR20V5.I am kind of new to this stuff.Just brought my first home theater off ebay.Thanks

Username: Eflee

Post Number: 3
I have a audio coaxial cable ran from my dvd player to my reciever.

Silver Member
Username: Praetorian

Canada

Post Number: 217
Earl my friend, there are a hundred things that could be wrong but most likely it s one of two or a combination of two things.

1. Settings. Is your DVD player set up to send a digital signal? Look up your audio settings on the player and see what you're sending, if it does not say something like bitrate or PCM, then your only decoding an analog signal. - OR - Your receiver is set only to play analog settings; sometimes you have to specify what it should be looking for. It may be set to only receive analog (but then you would be getting no sound at all from your DVD).

2. Signal. Just because you have a digital box, does not mean that all your channels will be in Dolby 5.1, only a few programs within any of your channels will send a 5.1 signal.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us