Subwoofer INSIDE an Entertainment Center?

Has anyone out there placed a powered subwoofer INSIDE their entertainment center? In my case, I'd be making some modifications to the entertainment center itself so the sub would actually sit on the floor, not on a shelf. Nevertheless, it would still be INSIDE the unit. The area where the sub would be placed would have doors, and I suspect they'll usually be open. The sub fires straight out, not down.

Is this a huge mistake? Or won't it matter that much? In this particular case, I'm willing to sacrifice a LITTLE of the sonics for space considerations. Any advice/insights greatly appreciated!

mdg
I thought about doing something similar, but decided I'd probably get vibration to go along with bad sound. I might work, but I'd hate to try it!

JESherrill
I would be more than a little concerned about the reverberational effect the sub would have on the equiptment in your entertainment center (i.e. skipping dvd/cd player). Personal opinion is, not a good idea. Not to mention the degradation of the structural integrity of your entertainment center by cutting out part of the base.

Anonymouse
I use my sub as a kind of end table beside the couch. Saves space and can put a drink on it.

Anonymous
Ouch! Im sitting here cringing at the thought of the drink getting spilled on my subwoofer unit! :O)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us