Would this work????

Mark
Denon 3802 and the Energy Take 5.2 speaker package? Would the Denon be too much for these speakers?

Thanks!!!!

Derek
Only if your turn it up too loud. I had the Take 5s and an 1801. You shouldn't hurt anything unless you are trying to. Oh yeah, set all of your speakers to "small" and let the sub do the dirty work.

Mark
Where you happy with the Energy Take's?

How do they compare to Klipsch? Better all around sound?

Thanks!

Derek
The Take 5s were very inexpensive and had very extended high end. I needed some very small speakers for an unabtrusive Home Theature and the Bose were too expensive and the NowHearThis SuperZeros would have been more expensive after adding a Sub. I think I paid $500 for them and with my priority on size, they had a very high quality sound. The only reason I don't have them now is because I had mounted them in the rear ceiling and front side walls of a house I sold 6 months ago. The new owner liked them. So I left them. I even left the center and Sub. On the way to the store to replace them I saw an [$850] Athena 5.1 system I just read about in Sound and Vision for $250 as a Demo. I quickly scouped them up. Energy makes a Take 5.2 that is very similar.

I have heard that some of these Canadian speaker companies are related (Mission, Athena and Energy). Highly recommended.

Mark
Thanks Derek, I am seriously looking into these. Rave reviews on-line and general user feedback.

Seem to be the best bang for the buck!

Like I mentioned earlier in this thread ........ I am a little worried I am over powering them with the Denon Receiver and blowing them. I think the reciever is around 110 watts but I think the upper end of the Energy's are around 100 watts.

Will have to be careful.

Thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us