Home theater= 4 x the same tipe of speaker+ the central speaker OR 2x standing floor speakers+ the central speaker + 2 x rear small speakers ?+

Hello!
I want to make an home theater system but i'm interested more for the music audition and for an surround and uniform audition field.
So, please tell me if i must to buy 4 x standing floor and powerfull speakers + the central speaker OR 2 x standing floor speakers + the central speaker + 2 x rear small speakers ?
Also the first choice will mean that i will don't have the most highest frequencies,no ?
Thank you very much for the support(in advance) and please help me from your experience and excuse my poor english.
Emanuel

Greg Lee
Large speakers should generally be as good at high frequencies as small speakers, so no, the first choice you list does not mean that high frequencies will be lacking.

For a "uniform audition field" it's best to have five identical speakers, which is what Dolby Labs recommends. Reasons for having different center or surrounds are economy and difficulty in finding suitable places to put five large speakers.

This is not a matter people agree about.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us