Bose Acoustimass 10

Colin B
Just bought my new JVC dolby digital receiver. I have found out that the bass sucks when hooked up to a digital receiver. The Bose worked fine with my old Sony Pro logic receiver.

I was wondering. Instead of replacing all the Bose, could I just run a powered subwoofer to the RCA jack to get my bass?

It wouldn't be asthetically pleasing to have two subwoofer but it would be cheaper than buying all new speakers.

cbarrett
bttt

Greg Lee
Take a look at this thread
http://www.hometheaterspot.com/htsthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB90&Number=311212&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1
at the Home Theater Spot on using a sub with Bose AM10.

Okay I have some Bose questions...

I just bought the AM6III set, with a VCS10 center channel to go with my Yamaha 6.1 receiver. I think I get the idea from previous posts that Bose expects the AM modules to be more of a low range speaker / crossover for the set rather than a sub.

Now I'd really like to run all my satelites directly into my receiver, and the AM module into the sub-out on the receiver, and use the reciever 's crossover w/ the sat's set to small. The problem I'm having is that nothing comes out of the AM module if I only have the LFE connector connected to the sub-out on the receiver. I must have at least one or more speaker connectors also connected to the receiver for the AM module to work. Now being this is a "powered" module, it *should* work with just the LFE right?! If not, and it's powered by the speaker connections, what's the point of the LFE connector? It doesn't appear to do anything.

Also, for the future, what's better, adding a second non-Bose sub, or trying to find an AM10/15 sub on eBay to replace my current AM module? If I add a second sub, do I just not use the LFE connector for my AM6 set?

So basically, how would you guys setup a system like this?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us