Getting an optical reciever for a system that doesn't have optical abilities?

Bronze Member
Username: Hailgalvatron

Post Number: 17
what i mean by my topic is that i have an rca rtd 120 and it doesn't have an optical port so only dvds are in dolby surround sound. I was wondering if I could just buy a reciever with no speakers or anything, just the reciever, and connect it to the Rca rtd 120 either via dvd player or usuing the speakers i allready have ,,, thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Jethro

Lansing, Mi

Post Number: 39
ya u can buy pretty much any receiver by itself, connect it to a dvd player of ur choice and speakers of ur choice and have urself a home theater. o ya buy a tv too.

Bronze Member
Username: Jethro

Lansing, Mi

Post Number: 40
dvd player u must obviously have optical off of this unit and receiver must also. that way u can connect them dudes together ;; but coaxial from dvd and receiver vs optical is no real sound difference. so if u can go coaxial with the components u have, just do that as u will get ur dolby digital. otherwise get a new receiver hook the dvd up coaxial or optical, hook up the tv thru component, hdmi, s-video, or analog if thats what u got. the speakers hook into ur new receiver and walla, boom surround sound
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us