Need remote for RCA RT2380/RT2390 (part #264715)

Username: Mr_furious

Post Number: 1
Hey, folks.

Not long ago, I bought an RCA RT-2380BK HTiB from Wal-Mart for use in the bedroom. Long story short, I no longer have the remote.

I have two Logitech Harmony remotes - an H880 and H520 - neither of which control it correctly. For example, the "power toggle" and "on" buttons send the receiver to the VCR input instead of the one it was previously on. Plus, many of the commands (especially the ones for tweaking the speaker channels) simply aren't there. I even bought a cheap RCA universal, but even that one didn't control the receiver correctly.

RCA/Thomson was unable to help. Their replacement parts line told me that they no longer carried this particular remote, part #264715. Searching online revealed what appears to be the same parts source under a variety of different nameplates. I had no luck with those sources either.

Since universal remotes - even high-end ones like the H880 - don't control the receiver adequately, I really need the original remote. From what I've found online, the RT2380 and the RT2390 both use the same one.

If there's anybody who has one that they no longer need and would be willing to sell, or knows where I can get one, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us