Denon DHT-683 vs. Onkyo LS-V950 Envision

The average Home Theater consumer. That's me ... Hi.

I'd like to get myself the best Home Theater System on the market. I'm not experienced enough to build my own system: i.e. picking and choosing the receiver, finding the right speakers and grabbing the best DVD Player. This means I'm forced to rely on the All American HTIB. Home Theater in a Box. BUT, I also have a limited budget, and I don't want to spend more than a grand.

Everybody on the board seems to be keen on the Denon DHT-683XP. And I can kind of see why! It sports a vast array of connections which are truly cool. It outputs 400 watts of pure juice which is excellent also.

But the downside to it is ugliness. Even the remote looks like crap. It's ashame really.

The other system I'm eyeing is the Onkyo LS-V950. It's pretty comparable to the Denon. I mean, they're priced the same, they do the same thing, but the LS-V950 lacks a few of the connections that the Denon has, and sports only half the wattage. I guess that's not really a terriffic thing, but power isn't what I need because I live in an apartment.

Right now it's a toss-up between that system and the Onkyo LS-V950 Envision.

I like Onkyo's features. I like the remote control, a multibrand, "learning" control. I like the way the system looks, I like a lot of things about it.

And I guess I don't know what I should buy. Do any of you have any thoughts on this? The right look is important to me, but I'm willing to sacrafice beauty if it means picture quality and audio output is better.

Have any of you had good experiences with the Onkyo? Have any of you had bad experiences with the Denon?

Thanks...
William

Someone mentioned the Onkyo HT-S755DVC - that looks pretty good too! 6.1 Channels!

John Raymond
The WAF (wife acceptance factor) definitely goes to the Onkyo LS-V950, but the Denon offers you more flexibility and power, either system sound's great.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us