Advice for buying a $200 HITB system

Isabell
Unregistered guest
Could anyone advice a newbie HTIB buyer?

I am totally newbie to audio, but I would I always would like make an informed decision. I am looking for a home theater system to play DVD's (maybe hook up to computer and do HDTV in the future)that costs MAX $250. I did all the research I could in the internet and am considering the following. If anyone knows anything about particular model or even the brand in general I'd love to hear your advice. I am considering:

Samsung HT-WP38, $200, 800W (I really don't need the DVD player, as I have on already, and I don;t know if samsung is as good in audio as it is in TVs , but the wireless speakers and usb port are welcome. On the other hand, it only has optical digital input, no coax digital input - is that a problem?)

Pioneer HTP-2500,$200, 1000W (lots of wats, but I don't need loud music. Pricey considering it doesn't have wireless rear speakers [has pre out puts, what ever that means])

SONY HT-DDW670, $159 600W (Good price)

Panasonic SC-HT05 , $150 (claims to have 1% THD, when other systems have 10%. How is that possible, when they compete in same price (=cost)range? Also , the amp is in the subwooofer, where as the other systems have the amp in the receiver)

or Logitech Z-5450, $250, 300w (THX certified - does that really mean anything except that the price is higher because of the cost? This is supposed to be a computer system, will it be enough for a 250sq ft room? Am I over paying because it targets a computer gamer niche?)

Thanks for any help, and let me know where to post this if I posted this to the wrong place.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us