Archive through November 02, 2005

Jamster
Unregistered guest
I think SKR GUY can help you out with some new speakers.

Anyway, if you don't know anything about speakers, what the he11 are you doing here?

Let me guess: looking out for the weak and innocent so that they don't fall for this scam because you get so many complaints 'on the beat'. Give me a break Batman.

I don't think I have to say it but I will - LOSERS!!

Reinhart/Patrolman here's a tip - GET A LIFE!!

OMG!! What kind of pathetic loser poses as two people so it looks like he has a friend? You disgust me. I can't even believe I responded to you. What a loser. I can't wait to tell the guys about this one.

Never Again - Jamster

Soulsister
Unregistered guest
lol. i knew it. see you didnt fool anyone.this is the craziest, stupidest thing i have ever seen. i sort of feel sorry for you but its too darn funny. lol

Anonymous

So what are the Digital Research speakers really worth? I was approached by a "White Van Salesman", & I new that the 5.1 system/speakers were not worth what he claimed they were, but they have to be worth something? Someone please respond. - Thanks in advance.

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"Anyway, if you don't know anything about speakers, what the he11 are you doing here? "

If you've read his past posts, then you'd know, idiot. He doesn't want to deal with any more people who want to file a report because of this scam, and I'll bet it's quite rampant in Los Angeles. That sounds reasonable to me since I wouldn't want to file that much paperwork for something I can't do much about if I were him.

"I don't think I have to say it but I will - LOSERS!!"

I'm not the one who thinks he's hot sh*t by working at Circuit City for minimum wage, son.

About your only level of excitement is probably making fun of your customers.

"OMG!! What kind of pathetic loser poses as two people so it looks like he has a friend? You disgust me. I can't even believe I responded to you. What a loser. I can't wait to tell the guys about this one."

Go ahead, make yourself feel big and macho by telling your boyfriends. You know little and assume much.

As for getting a life, been there and done that.

As for where I live, I live in Orlando, Florida.

It's kind of hard to have a "double identity" if one part of me is here and another part of me is in California. The only conclusion for this fact is that me and Patrolman are two different people.

"Never again?" Well just see about that.

As for Soulsister, get a brain. You know nothing and are too lazy to even try to prove your contention.

If you did an IP trace between me and Patrolman, the trace would reveal that we are in two different places in this country. Him in the west coast and me in the east. It's kind of hard to be at two places at once, so that blows your idea of me being both here.

Of course, you won't bother to try to prove yourself right. You'll just keep on assuming without proof, acting so proud that you "found out."

Well, you're welcome to make yourself look like a deluded idiot and a follower of fools. - Reinhart

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"So what are the Digital Research speakers really worth? I was approached by a 'White Van Salesman', & I new that the 5.1 system/speakers were not worth what he claimed they were, but they have to be worth something? Someone please respond. - Thanks in advance."

They're not worth anything.

Save your money or use it to buy better speakers either used or new.

But, always research your speaker choices first. That way you won't spend money on something you may end up not wanting. - Reinhart

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"So what are the Digital Research speakers really worth? I was approached by a 'White Van Salesman', & I new that the 5.1 system/speakers were not worth what he claimed they were, but they have to be worth something? Someone please respond. - Thanks in advance."

They're not worth anything.

Save your money or use it to buy better speakers either used or new.

But, always research your speaker choices first. That way you won't spend money on something you may end up not wanting. - Reinhart

Soulsister
Unregistered guest
so this L.A. Patrolman who apparently deals with drug dealers,crackheads, drunk drivers,stolen cars,gangbangers,speeders,crash scenes, robberys,breakins,riots,fights and all the other stuff i see in oakland takes a personal special interest in legal stereo speakers because he gets so many complaints? are you kidding me? lol. you can do better than that. get a life.lol

plus i can tell its you because of how you use the ' - ' all the time.

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"plus i can tell its you because of how you use the ' - ' all the time."

I cannot do any better than the truth.

And, how is the dash being used that makes us alike?

The only time I use a dash is at the conclusion of my post, followed by my callsign. I rarely, if ever, use dashes in the middle of a sentence in the manner that Patrolman does.

If that's all you have to try and tie us together, then you're the source of amusement for the both of us.

As for L.A., Los Angeles is more than a city, it's also a county, if I remember correctly. I imagine that there are areas in L.A. where crime is low as well as places where crime is high.

That's certainly the deal here in Orlando. In Alafaya and University on the east side of town, it's loaded with a bunch of college kids because that's where two prominent schools are located: UCF and Full Sail, so problems associated with college kids are there, namely drugs and alcohol possession as well as reckless driving. In downtown Orlando, where Church Street is, it's a bit of a mix. There are some spots which have crime problems and other spots which don't. There's also the west side, which I don't go to that often. And, it's all linked to I-50, east and west Colonial Drives. Go further east in I-50 beyond Orlando and you'll hit Bithlo, then Christmas, and then Titusville. I-50 ends at U.S. 1 at the Indian River, which has a splendid view of the space shuttle launch since over the river is the launch pads of the Kennedy Space Center.

I'm sure Patrolman could come here and describe many things about Los Angeles that I don't know about. It's been 15 years since I lived in California, and that was in Palmdale, which is south of L.A. The thing I miss in California: Wienerschnitzel chili dogs. - Reinhart

Username: Dieseljuicer

Post Number: 2
I LOVE the white van speaker guys! Today in Tampa, FL my fiance and I were walking into the Guitar Center to buy a drum kit. A white Ford Explorer pulled up beside us and pitched me with the typical DR speaker sale...I knew from the beginning that whatever this guy had wasn't worth my cash but I had to see what garbage he was pushing. Besides, I only buy stuff off a truck when my friends steal it. Anyways, the guy is trying to fill me with B.S. and I notice the fake Rolex on his arm. I wanted to call him out on it and let him touch my white-faced Daytona that I was wearing but I let him go. After looking at the lovely merchandise I told him I didn't need it b/c I have plenty of high-end audio in my house and theater room. Of course his response was "I figured you had a theater at your house." If he figured that, why would he waste his time trying to push this low-end stuff on me? Being the curious guy I am, I pulled out my Treo 650 phone and did a google search on the speakers. I called him out on the sales pitch and asked him how his story was the exact same as other people claiming to be 'scammed' throughout the country. Damn, it was like a recording how good this guy was. I almost offered him a job with one of my companies!

Seriously though as other people on this thread explained you aren't getting scammed 100% (you are buying a product, it's just a sub-par one) - these are people out to make a living just like everyone else. Whether or not they are ethical is up to individuals to decide. It's just like buying anything else, do your research and if a deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

FTN'r
Unregistered guest
Hey Reinhart, what do you think of the Realistic Optimus X-100's? I have a chance to buy a pair.

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
Unfortunately, those are speakers I don't know that much about.

All I do know is that there were a pair of Realistic Maximus X-100 speakers that were made in 1975. The only positive I could find about this model online was from a user review of a Sony A/V system who mentioned that this model outperformed the Mach One speaker, which is another model that was sold from RadioShack.

Information seems to be elusive for this model.

As for performance, ask to audition them in a listening environment and decide whether or not to buy them based on your sound preferences. If possible, audition them in the listening environment that the speakers will be used in and play music that's familiar to you to make your judgement.

RadioShack did offer some surprisingly good speakers sometimes, and this may be one of them. That's certainly the case with any of their Mach series and almost any RadioShack speaker which uses Linaeum tweeters.

While testing, check the condition of the drivers and see if all of them are outputting sound. Also, check the condition of the surround element on the bass and, if applicable, midrange drivers. The surround is the part that suspends the cone and is found at the cone's outer edge. If it's made of foam rubber, definitely check to see if the drivers in question need a refoam as rubber foam that is old enough will likely have deteriorated. Deteriorated surrounds are characterized by the material being scraped off easily or breaking off into pieces. Without the surround, the cone will not be suspended and the diaphragm will rub against the magnet pole. Even if the deteriorated surround is still able to suspend the cone, a worn surround can also affect the cone action, which may affect the driver's frequency response. Ask to have the price adjusted accordingly if the speaker is in this kind of condition as it will require repair, if you decide to buy it anyways.

There are speaker repair shops that can easily deal with refoaming for the charge of labor and parts. Definitely inquire any speaker and electronics repair shops in your area for their labor rates for two bass driver refoams. Or, if you wish, ask if they can use butyl rubber surrounds in place of foam rubber surrounds as butyl rubber will last longer, but they do cost a bit more.

Hope this helps. - Reinhart

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"Seriously though as other people on this thread explained you aren't getting scammed 100% (you are buying a product, it's just a sub-par one) - these are people out to make a living just like everyone else. Whether or not they are ethical is up to individuals to decide. It's just like buying anything else, do your research and if a deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

Excellent advice.

BTW, having a chance to examine those things for yourself, what were your impressions of them? - Reinhart

Patrolman
Unregistered guest
Jamster-
Is it too much to think that someone might want to help people?

Soulsister-
Yes, I deal with all that. When on duty. Shame on me for taking an interest in the welfare of people on my own time.

Reinhart-
I will save everyone the crime map of Los Angeles. In point of fact, Palmdale is in the high desert, north of LA. I am not a fan of Wienerschnitzel, but I'd miss Carl's Jr. and Fatburger if I left here.

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
My geography for California is, indeed, flawed.

It's been that long ago. - Reinhart

Post Number: 4
Reinhart-

I gotta tell you the speakers did look impressive, not $2000 impressive but better-than-average. If this opportunity came to me 5 years ago, I probably would have jumped on it. Truthfully I was curious to know what the speakers sounded like and even considered buying a set for $100 to put in my warehouse. I guess I'm just curious to know what's on the street nowadays. A few years back my friend bought a pair of Dynalab in Orlando for less than $100.00. Truthfully, they sounded pretty good. Better than anything else in that pricerange.

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
Thinking about it further, you're right in that it had to be north of L.A. It does ocassionally snow during winter in Palmdale, although it's fairly rare. But, as far as I know, it doesn't snow in L.A., or does it? It essentially never snows here in Florida in the winter.

And, mentioning Carl's Jr., it's been a while since I had food from that place, too. But, there's one place I don't miss there: Jack In A Box. We have Hardee's which, just a couple of years ago, started using the smiling star trademark. Although, I'm willing to bet that Hardee's is no more since I've not seen a Hardee's nor have I heard from them for three years now.

Other places I remember would be the Alpha Beta grocery store, which is probably out of business by now. Vons, Safeway, and Ralph's were other stores. And, I remember Major Video, which is also likely out of business. But, that place was pretty cool since they rented titles in both VHS and Betamax last time I was there. I think they also used to rent LaserDiscs, too.

But, I remember some notable businesses, not streets and locations. And, the one big thing I don't miss when I was there: earthquakes and tremors.

Now, we have hurricanes to deal with here. That, and stores like Publix and Winn-Dixie. And, some florida exclusive stuff like the Orlando Ale House next door to Full Sail, The Black Tulip in Cocoa approaching Merritt Island on 520, Dixie Crossroads in both Titusville and Orlando, and the Amura Japanese restaurant in Church Street which recently closed for renovation.

As for where I lived in Palmdale, I used to live in a house there that was in the vicinity of Ocotillo Elementary. One of the entrances to the subdivision I used to live in was across the street from a park and was also adjacent to an apartment complex. - Reinhart

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"I gotta tell you the speakers did look impressive, not $2000 impressive but better-than-average. If this opportunity came to me 5 years ago, I probably would have jumped on it. Truthfully I was curious to know what the speakers sounded like and even considered buying a set for $100 to put in my warehouse. I guess I'm just curious to know what's on the street nowadays. A few years back my friend bought a pair of Dynalab in Orlando for less than $100.00. Truthfully, they sounded pretty good. Better than anything else in that pricerange."

Hmm.

But I still wouldn't buy it due to the misrepresentation and also due to warranty concerns if something ever did go wrong.

Plus, I'd want to look inside the speaker to see how the construction and parts quality were. - Reinhart

Post Number: 5
Reinhart-

Obviously I wouldn't buy them either or I would have. I have no patience for individuals that sell knock-off items or try to represent things for what they're not, it just devalues the authentic products for the rest of us.

I, too, was curious to look inside one of these speakers. I should have grabbed a screwdriver and told done it. If I'm ever approached again, I'll pull out the speakers and let you know. I'll give him $5 for beer money to look!

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
Either that, or $20.

I've seen some insides of these speakers before, so I wouldn't be surprised if your findings show that they're not worth what's claimed. Like anything else, a loudspeaker is only worth the sum of its parts.

There are a couple of webpages of reviews of these loudspeakers. I had posted the hyperlinks before, but here they are again for your reference:

http://www.gr-research.com/dahlton.htm

http://www.gr-research.com/diyevents/white.htm

Enjoy. - Reinhart

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
YA LIKE SOULSISTER SAID PATTYMAN AND RIENY ARE THE SAME GUY FUNNY THAT THEY BOTH QUOTE PEOPLE WITH THE " " THE ONLY TWO PEOPLE ON THE PAGE THAT DO THAT OR THERE MOST LIKELY THE SAME PERSON.

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
YA LIKE SOULSISTER SAID PATTYMAN AND RIENY ARE THE SAME GUY FUNNY THAT THEY BOTH QUOTE PEOPLE WITH THE " " NOT ONE OTHER USER DOES THAT. THE ONLY TWO PEOPLE ARE PAT.MAN AND RIENY. MOST LIKELY THERE THE SAME PERSON.

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
YO JAMSTER YOU SHOULD COME WORK WITH ME WE WILL MAKE $$$$$$$$ AND MORE $$$$$$$ IF YOUR INTERESTED I`LL GIVE YOU A PAY PHONE # AND A TIME TO CALL! I WOULDNT GIVE MY CELL# TO ALL THESE FLEAS ON HERE WIENY RIENY WOULD BLOW ME UP. YOU KNOW HOW THAT GUY IS HE JUST HAS NOTHING BETTER TO DO. P.S. SOULSISTER ARE YOU HOT!

Patrolman
Unregistered guest
SPKR.GUY wrote:
'FUNNY THAT THEY BOTH QUOTE PEOPLE WITH THE " "'

Those are called quotation marks. Using them to quote people is why they exist, knucklehead.

Unregistered guest
Food for thought for the guy and girl who sold me a set of Theater Research 7010 speakers in Roswell GA on 10/18. First, as soon as you pulled away I realized that it was a scam and decided to not even open the box of supposed speakers. From this realization, next I drove to Goodwill and donated the set for the sake of clearing my conscience. Second, in terms of the substantial amount of money that I gave you, I pray that you also put it to good use. My intention for the profit I was hoping to make when I resold the speakers was to have it pay for my friend's missions trip to Croatia - so much for that. And last, being a teacher, I have an assignment for you. I hope that you'll take the time to watch Les Miserables and study how the the lead character, Jean Valjean, is transformed when the priest out of forgiveness allows Jean Valjean to keep the stolen silverware. It's a life-changing story and one worth noting. There's more to this world than money and making quick cash, and my prayer is that you two latch on to a higher purpose. I hope to see you on the other side my friends!

Take care of yourself and God Bless! And thanks for the helping me to understand the influence of greed in my life.

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"YA LIKE SOULSISTER SAID PATTYMAN AND RIENY ARE THE SAME GUY FUNNY THAT THEY BOTH QUOTE PEOPLE WITH THE " " THE ONLY TWO PEOPLE ON THE PAGE THAT DO THAT OR THERE MOST LIKELY THE SAME PERSON."

Patrolman has already made the point.

But, I'll say it to make it sink. Have you ever noticed how learned writers in general, like newspaper columnists and the like, quote someone by using quotation marks? Why don't you pick up a newspaper or a book and see how people are quoted in those publications?

I used quotation marks to quote the people I was responding to so the reader knows that those quoted writings were those that came from someone else.

There are people who write English like idiots (such as yourself) and then there are people who write in English properly.

Punctuation has a clear and definite function in written English. Quotation marks are examples of punctuation that's used by people who know how to write in English. Your point only shows that you utterly lack the ability to write in English properly.

Furthermore, it's idiotic to assume that you can figure out who is who purely by grammar. If you were to go around doing this, then you'd be assuming that anyone who could write proper English is the same as everyone else who can do the same.

With that kind of reasoning, you may as well say that the writers of the "New York Times" are the same writers as "USA Today."

It's more accurate to distinguish different people by comparing the ideas that were communicated and how they were expressed.

I'm sure that you are already discounting everything I've said here, so go on being an ignoramus. Go on being the all-too-popular (but not necessarily true) stereotype of the average American to many others overseas who may be reading this forum here.

In case you may be wondering what other people think of Americans in the international community, people abroad think Americans are stupid idiots. Stop being the example that makes us all look bad, you jack@$$!

And, if you're hitting on Soulsister, maybe you ought to replace that exclamation mark (!) with a question mark (?) if you were asking if she was hot.

"SOULSISTER ARE YOU HOT!"

The sentence is structured more as a question than a declaration, so the use of an exclamation is improper.

Gramatically correct, the writing would be:

"Soulsister, are you hot?"
not "SOULSISTER ARE YOU HOT!"

If you wanted to look excited in the question, you can get away by typing the question with this kind of variation in the punctuation.

"Soulsister, are you hot?!"

But, I'm very sure her boyfriend wouldn't appreciate you asking that question to her. She did mention that she had a boyfriend in her first post here.

As for calling you on your cell phone, why would I waste my time on you through that? The way you write, I don't even want to hear how you talk! The way you speak may be an even greater travesty to the English language than the way you write.

As for writing here? It only takes me a few minutes out of 16 hours that I'm awake in the day to post responses. The fact of the matter is that I do have better things to do, and I do them. But, I reply here because I also have time to respond on the forum as well.

And, definitely listen to RRWoodruff's advice.

There is more to life than making money. In addition, look at what you do to earn that money. Is it fair and honest work? You may think it is, but the reality is that it isn't.

Misleading and lying to people is not an honorable way to earn a living, no matter your justification of it.

Even if the buyers themselves were pushed to buy by their own greed, it doesn't make what you do any more righteous. Two wrongs never make a right.

You may be rich in your wallet, but you are poor in your character (not to mention in your education).

You ought to remember Mr. King's "I have a Dream speech," about how people should be judged by the quality of their character. - Reinhart

Unregistered guest
(revised)

Food for thought for the guy and girl who sold me a set of Theater Research 7010 speakers in Roswell GA on 10/18. To refresh your memory I'm the long-haired fool who gave into the power of greed. Anyhow, as soon as you pulled away I realized that it was a scam and decided to not even open the box of supposed speakers. As a result, after work yesterday I drove to Goodwill and donated the set for the sake of clearing my conscience. In terms of the substantial amount of money that I gave you, I pray that you also put it to good use. Next, being a teacher, I have an assignment for you. I hope that you'll take the time to watch Les Miserables and study how the lead character, Jean Valjean, is transformed when the priest out of forgiveness allows Jean Valjean to keep the stolen silverware. It's a life-changing story and one worth noting. There's more to this world than money and making quick cash, and my prayer is that you two latch on to a higher purpose. You're both very talented at what you do, so why not put your skills toward a more noble cause. One that contributes to society. I don't know if what you do is legal or not, but I do know that it's unethical. It is fraudulent. You need to understand that we're all in this world trying to seek a better life. We're all seeking a life filled with true freedom, authentic friedships, true love and joy, and I'm convinced that those who steal and lie to get by will never reach the same levels of freedom and inner peace as those who are honest and base their lives on integrity. Through the job that you've chosen, yes, you may eventually make your fortune, but will you really feel good about yourself for how you made the money? Someday when you're retired and on vacation with your feet propped up and reflecting back on how you acquired your fortune, I'm convinced that you'll never have half the satisfaction of what an honest worker feels. If you feel any remorse for your actions, then you need to ask yourself why - even if it's only an inkling of regret. I believe that in varying degrees based the decisions we make in life that there exists a conscience that actively exists in everyone. It convicts us to take the higher road and to love one another. I also believe that each person's conscience is actually God's voice telling our souls how to live according to his will - not for the sake of following His rules, but so that we can attain the best life that He has called us to live. One that is fruitful and at peace - I'm talking about a peace that passes all understanding and can only be found in Him. Again, my prayer is that you embrace a higher life for your sake, not mine. I know I'll never get my money back. This message is not about that. It's about me hoping/praying/wanting to see you on the other side my friends. There are eternal consequences to our morale decisions. Last, I hope that you check this website and take to heart what I've written. And just b/c you may not believe in what I'm saying know that that doesn't make it untrue. Truth is not based on each person's set of rules but is absolute to all mankind. That is, there are certain truths that hold true to everyone. And our conscience reminds us of the fact that lying and stealing is wrong. With that said, take care of yourself and may God bless you with a more fulfilling life! Also, thanks for helping me to understand the influence of greed in my life - pretty expesive lesson learned. Oh yeah, I also know that you stole my receipt from the ATM, and I hope that you have the integrity not to use any of the information against me. I've already contacted the bank and changed my password. I try to make an honest wage through teaching, and as you probably noticed on the reciept, I can't afford to have any more money withdrawn from my account. God bless my friends!

Marty Marrrr
Unregistered guest
Well I guess this is for you and Reinhart. This isn't me but its all good. Your boys in action making MAD cash!!!!

http://spkrmn1.blogspot.com/

We're working at a job we have fun at. I hope you can say the same. If not STFU!

You shold see the sick system I have. Martin Logans, Velodyne, Rotel. I even have $600 speaker cables. All bought and paid for out of the back of my 'white van'.

And yes God Bless you greedy ba$+ards. Try ebay next time.

Peace

Marty Marrrr
Unregistered guest
And if you can make it to Washington for the March, why can't you can make it of bed everyday to get your aSz to work?

We can't expect these cracker jacks to look after us any longer. Take some responsibility for yourselves, my brothahs. N.O. was just a wake up call.

I couldn't make it because I was out hustlin' my gear.

Peace

Just AnotherGuy
Unregistered guest
I also was aproached by the same kind of guy everyone else was. He had Digital research speakers, which were tower floor speakers and the model was PT-1100 S. Now i didnt know about the scam at the time and ill admit, these guys are good, since they showed me an invoice for them and showed me them in a cataloge and all that good stuff and ofcourse they fed me some bullshit story. Well since the speakers were suggested for a price of 1599.00 a piece and i only gave them 300 for them both i dont really consider that much of a lose and ill tell you why in a minute. After this all happened cus it happened so fast and i did try to get out of it at first, i figured it might have been a scam. Well i got home and couldnt find anything about them except a guy telling the same story i had yet what got me was he wasnt sure if he was ripped off or not because he said they were great quality and sounded great. Now that made me curiose about them and since i already gave away 300 dollars for the pair i might as well see how they sound. Now 300 dollars for 2 tower floor speakers, no matter what the brand is an exceptional price and considering that, id just be happy is the worked atleast decently. So i took them to circut city which sells home audio equipment and other stuff as well and i talked to a guy in the about them, he told me i could just bring one in and he could hook them up and see how they sound. So i brough them in and when i took them out of the box he was impressed, but dont get me wrong, just cus they look great dosnt mean the work great or work at all. But heres the thing and ill finally get to my point. He hooked them up in the store, he was a professional remember, and what he told me was that they were great speakers, infact they were better then anything they sold there and this wasnt like we hooked them up and listened to them for a second, we tested them in many different ways. The point is is that they are great speakers and wether or not the are worth over 3000 dollars for the pair, they're definitly worth more then the 300 i spent on them. That all coming from a professional. So wther or not you know anyhting about them or think they are a rip off or whatever, not that im telling people to buy speakers from the back of a van, but ill tell you they are great quality and thats all that matters. I definitly got my 300 dollars out of them.

Tu Rok
Unregistered guest
Riiiiggght...

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"So i took them to circut city which sells home audio equipment and other stuff as well and i talked to a guy in the about them, he told me i could just bring one in and he could hook them up and see how they sound. So i brough them in and when i took them out of the box he was impressed, but dont get me wrong, just cus they look great dosnt mean the work great or work at all. But heres the thing and ill finally get to my point. He hooked them up in the store, he was a professional remember, and what he told me was that they were great speakers, infact they were better then anything they sold there"

Circuit City? Professionals? Well, they're professional salespeople. But professional audio technicians? I don't think so.

Next time, try taking those speakers to a serious hi-fi store or, if you have the resources, to a reputable and experienced audio engineer. Or, if you can find one, an experienced speaker repair professional.

Plus, the testing that was done at the Circuit City has its own set of flaws. A store showroom is not a totally ideal place to test a speaker as there will be other factors that can affect perception and performance, namely the size and shape of the room, the level of ambient noise in the environment, the placement of the speakers themselves, and what were used to test those speakers. A showroom test may allow for initial impressions, but auditioning and testing should never stop there.

The best place to test a speaker is in the listening environment that it will ultimately be used in. And, the testing must not be brief; you may have to audition the speaker with your choices of music for several minutes upwards to a couple of hours to get a really good impression. What may sound decent initially may end up sounding harsh and uncomfortable in the long term.

If you get listener's fatigue from serious real world usage and the testing was done at safe volumes, then the speakers aren't right for your preferences.

Plus, you can have a speaker that sounds good but not measure up as reference quality when systematically analyzed. White van products typically fall short in these kinds of tests when compared to hi-fi gear that is of true quality.

One test that the white van speakers are likely to flunk is a sine wave test. This is because white van speakers are not designed and built carefully enough to try and maintain a reasonably flat response from the highest rated range down to the lowest. Frequency range plots for these speakers tend to take the shape of a rollercoaster, with some frequencies being overemphasized and others rolling off dramatically.

Part of this problem is that the second order crossover electronics that are used in these things typically suck. The other part of the problem is that the materials, including the drivers and the enclosure, that usually go into making these speakers and how they were implemented typically blow. So, those are some of the reasons why white van speakers sucks and blows.

No serious attention to detail is ever paid to engineering and parts choices in these things, nor do they have a balance of elements that make these factors come into harmonious play. They're quick and cheap slap-togethers made to look flashy and nice to lull in suckers. The only clever engineering involved with these speakers are the tactics employed by the traveling salesmen.

You paid $300, but you bought what you thought were $1599 speakers. They ought to perform to the level that was promised, otherwise it's still a sham. Would you have still paid $300 without reservations if the speakers were advertised to be worth that amount as opposed to what was suggested in the false magazine reviews and the catalogue?

As for Marty Marrrr, it sounds like you do have an impressive system purely from brand impression.

Martin Logan, Velodyne, and Rotel. Those are some very good names in hi-fi. IMO, I hold Rotel in higher regard than NAD.

But, this also shows something else: your lack of confidence in the products that you sell. Do you use any of the products that you sell with your system and enjoy how they perform at the same time? - Reinhart

Marty Marrrr
Unregistered guest
He11 no! I realize they aren't the best but there is a market for them. The market for these is greater then the market for more expensive gear. Think about it. They are great starters. I still think people are getting them at a deal if they pay less then $300. After meeting lots of Audiophiles, I got an appreciation for fine music.

Rotel anything is great. I had a pair of Thiel CS 22s but sold them for the Martin Logans. After having the MLs for awhile. I think it was a mistake. STFO!!!!

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"He11 no! I realize they aren't the best but there is a market for them. The market for these is greater then the market for more expensive gear. Think about it. They are great starters. I still think people are getting them at a deal if they pay less then $300. After meeting lots of Audiophiles, I got an appreciation for fine music. "

They aren't great starters when you can get a set of decent Cerwin-Vega!, Polk Audio, or Infinity speakers for about the same price that people typically pay for those white van speakers. AND, those speakers are typically better engineered and better built than the white van variety. In addition, those speakers will grow with your needs for far longer than the white van stuff.

The white van stuff are ripoffs in both short term and long term ownership, simple as that. Doing some serious price shopping and research on the decent choices will reveal that. - Reinhart

Marty Marrrrrr
Unregistered guest
You must realize that enthusiasm is extremely contagious. I get my Speakermen so pumped up and excited about selling. They could be selling vinyl siding, replacement air conditioning or speakers - it doesn't matter. Those industries do the same thing. The customer sees that the salesman is pumped up and excited and given that its a buy now at a extreme discount or lose out situation, the customer will buy regardless of the quality or what the he11 it is. We simply test a customers ability to take an uncalculated risk. The choice is purely the customers - we merely present the opportunity. Come to think about it, the lottery and casinos do the same thing but your chances with us are greater and you actually walk away with something.

STFO!!!!!! Peaaaacce!

Just AnotherGuy
Unregistered guest
First off all Reinhart, you seem to use the word typically alot, which means you dont know every situation you talk about. Reading earlier posts it also seems like you havnt even listned to or tested these "white van speakers" at all. Also, were you there at circut city when these speakers of mine were tested, i dont think so. So how is it that you seem to think you know what the environment was like, because theres no way you could have. Another thing is that you dont know every employee that works at every circut city so theres no way of you knowing what each one of them knows and what there background is, so really you cant make a judgement on that. And when it comes to me thinking they were 1600 dollar speakers and thinking i got such a great deal on this so called professional speakers, you got it all wrong. I knew there was no way they were worth that much and they said nothing about them performing in such great spectacular ways that led me to belive they were, so in turn i didnt. Again Reinhart, you wernt there for that or any of the things i mentioned on my last post so you really cant make any kind of judgement on any of the things you did. And am i looking for amazing awesome speakers that are gonna cost me thousands of dollars? No, im not, its a huge waste of money, so i dont care about al the wonderful products and all that other crap you talk about, i really dont care. To me you seem like someone that strait out dosnt have a life so you have nothing to do but come on here and pretend to sound smart. You're not helping anyone and all you're doing is making an @$$ out of your self. But since this seems to mkae you happy and you have nothing better to do, then go ahead, keep making an @$$ out of you're self, you're just more amusment then anything.

Soulsister
Unregistered guest
and reinhart makes another friend.

And yes SPKR GUY. I am hot. thanks for asking. i am taken tho. my man is packin BIG time so i have no reason to creep.

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
Here is the final point.

White van speakers are junk, period. There are countless reviews and complaints confirming this fact from "satisfied" customers online. There are some webpages that also have links to examples and technical examinations of white van speakers.

Despite what anyone says, I've had chances to seriously review these speakers and they are substandard, period.

Other speaker technicians that I've consulted say the exact same thing about these speakers consistently. These things are worthless junk, and that's that.

They do not have good frequency response and range.

They do not have good efficiency.

Some examples are known to have very bad impedence curves, which risks amplifiers.

The parts quality are the lowest known to man.

The level of engineering that's used is merely to get the speaker to make sound as opposed to doing that job properly.

The primary fact is that these speakers are represented to the customer as high performance and very expensive audio equipment. This is supposed to push the buyer towards buying the speaker for the price that the seller suggests, which is less than the MSRP but still more than what the speaker is actually worth.

Another valid point is that vastly better speakers from known brands sold by reputable stores can usually be purchased for **LESS** than what is typically paid to buy white van speakers, which makes the white van deal even more of a ripoff.

Attempts to justify the sale of white van products or sidestep the issue are merely attempts to alter the focus of the debate and are irrelevant.

The conclusion: White van speakers are junk that's hugely misrepresented to be more than what they actually are and should be completely avoided.

The solution: Save your money and buy better speakers from a decent store, sometimes for less than what white van speakers sell for. - Reinhart

Just AnotherGuy
Unregistered guest
LOL... Quite amusing... You really do need a life.

Reinhart huh... I wasnt sure who wrote that till i got to the end... lol, too good... What, was that you signing out? You done now? Thats really too bad. You were so smart too and gave such good advice. Well have fun wasting all your money on you're terific hobby, im sure you'll find a life some day.

Bronze Member
Username: Radone

Sydney, NSW Australia

Post Number: 24
Well, it took him long enough. I was just watching and waiting. Laughing at how frustrated he must be getting while everybody picks away at him. Even the people he thought he was helping.

Maybe he finally gets it after so many people have came and went with only the memory of some dweeb on a website trying to convince them of something they may have already known or didn't really too much care about while they got on with their lives.

But I know he'll be back to get his last word in. Trust me, he just can't help himself. Prove me wrong.

pissed off girlfriend oregon
Unregistered guest
All speakers in boxes out of vans,suv's,cars etc. are a scam. If you are out on the street you will get scamed. I dated the king of all speaker guys we had over 20 kids working for us. They were young men and made us bank dont buy anthing from them.

Unregistered guest
All speakers in boxes out of vans,suv's,cars etc. are a scam. If you are out on the street you will get scamed. I dated the king of all speaker guys we had over 20 kids working for us. They were young men and made us bank dont buy anthing from them.

Unregistered guest

Marty Marrrr
Unregistered guest
Conrad your just wrong messing with him like that. You and I know he'll have to get the last word in.Under that know it all, holier than thou attitude Reinhart doesn't seem like THAT bad of a guy. Hes just extremely opinionated and has alot to say, a whole lot.

He still doesnt understand that when a hit is put into the position of either buying or walking away, they don't have the luxury of researching the product and go with instinct or gut feel, 'junk' as he puts it or not. But when my boys are pumped up, there ain't no walking away. STFO!!!

Peace!!!

Marty Marrrr
Unregistered guest
Plus what is your part in all this anyway? I don't get it. After reading all the past posts, I think you were here just to mess with him, wrong or right. You have some good points like about results and all. I tend to say 'know ye by your fruits'. Hey as long as my boys bring in the franklins I don't care what methods they use as long as its legit. Its funny but messed up cause he didn't catch on. You wouldn't get away with that with me, trust me. I'm gone punk.

Bless!!!

GeorgeDepp
Unregistered guest
Hello everyone, I just wanted to leave a little post saying be on the look out for a group of three in Chicago area. There is a red-haired girl, 110 lbs or so, about 5'5", she pulls up in a Black Avalanche, with two other guys, one looks like a short Mexican and other a half-breed with a goatee. By the way if you are interested in the speakers, call this number 312-752-0773. Best part about it is they did it exactly by the book with the beer money and the whole deal. By the way the speaker brand is Millennium Sound Labs.

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"Reinhart huh... I wasnt sure who wrote that till i got to the end... lol, too good... What, was that you signing out? You done now? Thats really too bad. You were so smart too and gave such good advice. Well have fun wasting all your money on you're terific hobby, im sure you'll find a life some day."

Does having a life mean you must knowingly rip people off?

Don't be ridiculous. - Reinhart

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"Well, it took him long enough."

Guess again. - Reinhart

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
The only people complaining about me are mainly those who make a living at this.

The ones who were victims that are complaining about me seem more like they're trying to deny the fact that they were ripped off.

Plus, there are other forums on this website and others like it with people who are complaining about these shoddy white wan products as well as the usual insults and boasts by these "fine and caring" salesmen.

Checked out yet another set white van speakers, this time from Theater Research. These were center and surround speaker sets. They're about as good as speakers in a clock radio. Light as a feather and encased in cheap plastic. That's high end, huh?

Buy only from reputable stores. Research your choices before buying anything. - Reinhart

Bronze Member
Username: Radone

Sydney, NSW Australia

Post Number: 25
I bet that really hurt...proving me right.

I bet you were sitting there just twitching at the keyboard thinking whether or not you should respond. Then thinking of somethink witty to say.

He's right I was just here to mess with you. For some reason I was pushed here by some external force. I just hope you didn't take your frustrations out on any small animals or little old ladies. Maybe it was a lesson to me in some way.

Anyway, see ya later. You aren't such a bad guy you just need to loosen up. Go out to a local pub, have a few beers and laugh with some of the boys. Alot of people just drive home from work and plonk their bum in a chair and close themselves off from the real world. Most people don't even know who their neighbours are.

If you get a chance listen Pink Floyd - the Division Bell. Bluddy well engineered CD. It's not the acid tripping Floyd of the past. It will sound absolutely Stunning on your system, especially listen to track 10.

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"He's right I was just here to mess with you. For some reason I was pushed here by some external force. I just hope you didn't take your frustrations out on any small animals or little old ladies. Maybe it was a lesson to me in some way."

Assuming as always, eh? Why would I be frustrated here? For that matter, why would I attack others as you described for ANY reason? I don't like inflicting pain on others. I will defend myself against a truly harmful attack if I absolutely have to, but that's where I draw the line on committing violence.

Typing opinions, agreements, and disagreements on a forum is hardly violent and isn't even remotely inciteful to me. After I'm through with what I have to say, I just go on with life. But, I will defend my statements and respond to replies to my posts.

As for hurting, why in the world would this hurt? It takes more than disagreements on a forum to hurt me. I, like others, have had things happen to ourselves far worse than what can ever be experienced on a public forum.

But, I suppose it's too bad that there are people who misconstrue what I say as bonafide assaults. All I do is state it as it is and how I feel about it, supported by info and education on the subject.

As for proving you right, whatever you were right or wrong in regards to me is ultimately unrelated and consequently unimportant to the discussion on this forum. We're talking about white van speakers and the people who sell them, not about me.

And, stating that you were here for no serious reason could imply that your comments weren't serious as well to others here.

As for me being finished posting here? All I said was a "final point," in other words, laying the basic point down. I never said that I was through posting. That particular intention was assumed by others, including yourself.

As for listening to "Pink Floyd?" Meh. Not bad. - Reinhart

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
DEAR RIENHART
I DONT DISAGREE ONE BIT THAT I LACK PROPER ENGLISH WRIEING PUNCTUATION AND SPELLING SKILLS. I AM HOWEVER LEARNING...SLOWLY,BUT SURELY. MAYBE THAT IS ONE REASON WHY I COME TO THIS SITE.
TO SOULSISTER I WASNT ASKING IF YOU WERE HOT FOR US TO HOOK UP I DONT DO THE INTERNET THING I HAVE NO PROBLEM MEETING GIRLS ON MY OWN I WAS ASKING SIMPLY TO KNOW IF I WAS TALKING TO A HOTY OR NOT. I AM PLEASED TO HEAR THAT YOU ARE I HOPE THAT WORKS OUT GOOD FOR YOU!
OH YA I MENT TO USE A QUESTION MARK WHEN I ASKED SOULSISTER IF SHE WAS HOT,BUT I GUESS I WAS TIRED.
P.S. RIENHART THNK FOR LETING ME KNOW THAT " " THOSE ARE QUOTE MARKS I THOUGHT THEY WERE ( ) THOSE THINGS. GOES TO SHOW HOW MUCH I KNOW.

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"I DONT DISAGREE ONE BIT THAT I LACK PROPER ENGLISH WRIEING PUNCTUATION AND SPELLING SKILLS. I AM HOWEVER LEARNING...SLOWLY,BUT SURELY. MAYBE THAT IS ONE REASON WHY I COME TO THIS SITE."

Well, interaction is one of many things that does help with learning. Please do keep at it in any way that you can. When you do, you'll invariably get better at it. - Reinhart

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
JUST PURCHASED A 05 JEEP CHER. TODAY. CANT WAIT TO (SELL THE F*%# OUT) TOMOROW. IM JUST STOKED ON IT SO I THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE MY JOY.
SEE YOU IN THE FUNNY PAGES.
S.T.F.O.! TO ALL MY FELLOW SPEAKERMEN.

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
I drive a Suburban and I think you should've gotten yourself a GMC Envoy. What's your point? - Reinhart

www.daimlerchryslervehicleproblems.com

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
I drive a Suburban and I think you should've gotten yourself a GMC Envoy. What's your point? - Reinhart

www.daimlerchryslervehicleproblems.com

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
THNX FOR THE TIPS RIENHART I`LL TAKE THEM AT FACE VALUE.OH IM A FORD MAN JUST GOT RID OF MY 00 EXPED. I RACK UP A LOT MILES IN MY LINE OF WORK.
I LIKE TO GET RENTALS WHEN I CAN FIND A GOOD DEAL. LIKE LAST YEAR BUDGET HAD A MID SIZE SUV FOR 20$ A DAY 600$ A MONTH I JUMPED ON THAT, AND PUT A CRAP LOAD OF MILES ON IT. I GOT IN ON IT WHEN IT STARTED SO AS LONG AS I KEPT IT THEY WOULD KEEP THE SAME RATE FOR ME. FIRST IT WAS A ESCAPE THEN A BLAZER THEN THEY GAVE ME AN EXPLORER. THEY WHERE ALL FUN TO GO MOSH IN THE MUD AFTER WORK. LATER

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
What made you get a DaimlerChrysler, then?

Ford and GM are better than them. - Reinhart

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
YA RIENHART I HAD 88 CHEROKEE 8 YEARS AGO WHEN I WAS 16, AND THAT THING WAS FUN AS ALL HEK TALK ABOUT TRAIL RATED I COULD DRIVE THAT PUP THROUGH ANYTHING ANYWHERE ANYTIME. IT NEVER GOT STUCK. I EVEN USED TO GO UP TO THIS PLACE CALLED YELLOW GATE IT WAS JUST A BUNCH OF OLD LOGGING ROAD`S WHERE EVERY ONE WOULD GO MOSHING IN THERE TRUCKS. ANYWAY I WOULD GO UP AND CHARGE PEOPLE 20$ TO PULL THEM OUT ONLY IF I DIDNT KNOW THEM. GETTING BACK HERE THATS WHY I LIKE JEEPS THERE BUILT FOR THAT STUFF,AND THERE RELIABLE. I PUT SO MANY MILES ON MY TRUCKS I`LL BE TRADEING IT IN SOON.
I`LL ALSO TELL YOU WHAT DRIVEING A V-8 WAS JUST KILLING ME WITH GAS PRICES BEING SO DARN HIGH.

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
YO SINCE I QUIT GOING TO SCHOOL THE START OF MY
JUNIOR YEAR,AND WHEN I WAS THERE I REGRETFULLY DIDNT PAY MUCH MIND TO MY TEACHERS I LEARN MORE ON THE HISTORY,SCIENCE,DISCOVERY,AND LEARNING CHANNELS THEN I DID IN SCHOOL. ONE GOOD THING IS THAT A LOT OF THE MATERIAL IS UPDATED AND MORE ACURATE THAN IT WAS WHEN I WAS IN SCHOOL.I COULD PROBALLY BE A WORLD WAR 2 HISTORION CONSIDERING
I WATCH SO MUCH ABOUT IT.

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
Your 1988 Cherokee was made using a platform that was originally engineered by American Motors, even though Chrysler acquired AMC (and consequently Jeep) during that time. Those were good vehicles.

But, when the Cherokee was replaced by the Liberty, that's when Jeep pretty much lost all credibility as a capable off-road vehicle maker.

Your Grand Cherokee (different from the regular Cherokee) was completely engineered by DaimlerChrysler and has no relation to your 1988 Cherokee whatsoever save for the fact that they were made under the management of Chrysler and were branded as Jeep.

DaimlerChrysler is known to use shortcuts in engineering to save pennies on cost per unit, including shortcuts that chucks reliability down the drain. One example is the use of inadequate axleshaft bearings for the Dana rear ends in all Grand Cherokees up until 2005. This would initially manifest as a griding noise in the rear end that would gradually get worse until the rear end fails due to loss of gear oil from a leak caused by the failed bearings in the rear differential case.

As for using a V-6 in your Grand Cherokee, you would've been better off getting a Grand Cherokee that was made when Chrysler was still using the 4.0 litre inline 6 engine, which was also designed by AMC. The Chrysler 3.7 litre V6 is nowhere near as tough an engine as the AMC 4.0, although the 3.7 is certainly better than the Chrysler/Mitsubishi 2.7 V6 that's been used in many Chrysler and Dodge vehicles.

As for V8 engines, as long as you don't drive a truck with a V8 engine like a high performance sports car, you can pull off reasonable gas milage with such a vehicle. Like I said before, I'm managing 17-18 MPG with my Chevrolet Suburban with the 5.7 litre V8 engine while others driving Ford Explorers using the 4.0 V6 are managing worse milage than me. This is because I drive my truck like a truck, not like a Honda S2000.

If you want to drive hard and fast on the road, then buy a car designed for that kind of driving as an SUV is certainly not meant for it. - Reinhart

Post Number: 6
Are we on a audio discussion or an automotive? Reinhart, you shouldn't knock DaimlerChrysler vehicles. I worked for that manufacturer for 6 years and that company made me a large enough chunk of money to 'retire' at age 28 and form 2 different corporations. 1, an architectural development company and 2, a Red Bull distributor for 3 counties in the state of Florida. Don't confuse DaimlerChrysler with the old Chrysler, which did build lower quality vehicles. It was only until the Liberty was designed did the Daimler-Benz technologies begin to show the reality of the 1998 'merger.' When I was a District Sales & Marketing Manager for those years, I drove just about every vehicle on the road. 90% of domestic vehicles feel the same. Pre 1998 Chrysler was not a solid product, however, the newer vehicles have quality matching the imports and even passed Mercedes Benz in quality (which is hard to understand since it's the same company). My sister has worked for GM in Brand Management for almost 20 years, I know their secrets and she knows DaimlerChryslers. I own a GM product, a 2005 H1, technically it's Amerian General but sold as GM. My daily driver is a Mercedes S500 and it drives like my fiance's car. I bought her a 05 Dodge Magnum R/T with a 5.7 Hemi. It has a multi-displacement engine that will shut down 4 of the cylinder for maximum gas mileage. I get 14 MPG city and 24 MPG on the highway. Not bad for 365 hp with the engine mods. For my corporations, I use a fleet of Dodge Rams. I like the Ford truck better but my best friend owns a Ford Dealership and told me "I would never buy one of these pieces of sh*t." In my opinion if he owns the store and won't buy a Ford, why would I?

Bottom-line almost all cars are just the same. Buy what you like based on looks, needs, emotion, unless you need the better gas mileage. All automobile manufacturers have problems and it's the 'luck of the draw' if you purchase one that develops mechanical problems. They are all built on assembley lines by humans and machines...If you want to get into an automobile discussion lets move onto an automobile site. I have strong ties with the 3 domestic manufacturers and know things that would make your head spin. If you want to talk foreign, I have those ties as well and we can do that too...

Patrolman
Unregistered guest
There is nothing whatsoever wrong with an '05 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It looks better than an Envoy, imho. GMC may be the name when it comes to work trucks, but Jeeps have some of the strongest customer loyalty I have ever seen. That doesn't come easy.

Jimmy D
Unregistered guest
Id have to admit, I travel around the country quite a bit and therefore rent ALOT of cars. In the last couple of years I have been thoroughly impressed with DaimlerChrysler vehicles compared to the old Chryslers. The Pacifica is one mean car. It runs solid like an E-Class and you can run it at 100 mph no problem. Not that I would do that ;) My best experience was from Tampa to Miami, its just too bad that people from Florida tend to drive very slow and stay in the fast lane so you got to pass from the right. Very dangerous.

A friend of mine owns 'Pinch-A-Penny' in Florida, He's got a Lexus, Porsche and Maybach, yes a Maybach. Even though the Maybach is owned by Mercedes, he doesn't have too many good things to say about Mercedes these days and traded in his old Benz for the Lexus. Even he was impressed with the Pacifica for the price. Rentals are great because you can test what you want extensively before you buy.

Lately I can't really say I'm too impressed with the cars from Ford OR GM except for the Corvette and the Chevy Pickups. That Z-71 4x4 rocks. DaimChyrs really picked up their game. I have driven nearly every car they have and can't say they make a dog. Even the Base level Galant impressed me.

Besides you should NEVER, ever tell someone or insinuate that their new car is substandard. A car is an investment and point of personal pride. It's like calling someone's Mom ugly, you just don't do it. If anything, you say "thats a nice car" and move on even if you don't agree. I can see that Spkr.Guy is trying to be cool with you and you dog him like that. Trust me, good people skills can take you along way in this life - if you use them.

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
I MUST HAVE SLIPPED WITH MY FINGER I GOT AN 02 JEEP CHEROKEE, AND IT HAS A INLINE6 4.0 LITRE.
IT ONLY HAD ONE OWNER THAT LUCKILY WAS A LITTLE OLD LADY THAT ONLY PUT 20K ON THE WHOLE RIDE, AND IT DRIVES MUCH NICER THAN MANY RENTALS I HAVE HAD THAT PEOPLE JUST SIMPLY THRASHED ON,
BECAUSE IT WAS`NT THERE VEHICLE. AS FOR THE O5 I DONT KNOW ANY THING ABOUT IT ONLY COMEING WITH THE 3.7 V6, BUT I HAVE THE SAME MOTOR AS MY 88 HAD. I DONT HEAR ANY TYPE OF GRINDING NOISE COMEING FROM THE REAR DIF., AND IF SO I`M NOT WORRIED BECAUSE I HAVE A FULL WARRANTY.
BACK TO SPEAKER`S I WORKED FOR 2 HOURS AND SOLD ONE 500$ MAKEING ME AND MY PARTNER 100$ AN HOUR. S.T.F.O.

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
I MUST HAVE SLIPPED WITH MY FINGER I GOT AN 02 JEEP CHEROKEE, AND IT HAS A INLINE6 4.0 LITRE.
IT ONLY HAD ONE OWNER THAT LUCKILY WAS A LITTLE OLD LADY THAT ONLY PUT 20K ON THE WHOLE RIDE, AND IT DRIVES MUCH NICER THAN MANY RENTALS I HAVE HAD THAT PEOPLE JUST SIMPLY THRASHED ON,
BECAUSE IT WAS`NT THERE VEHICLE. AS FOR THE O5 I DONT KNOW ANY THING ABOUT IT ONLY COMEING WITH THE 3.7 V6, BUT I HAVE THE SAME MOTOR AS MY 88 HAD. I DONT HEAR ANY TYPE OF GRINDING NOISE COMEING FROM THE REAR DIF., AND IF SO I`M NOT WORRIED BECAUSE I HAVE A FULL WARRANTY.
BACK TO SPEAKER`S I WORKED FOR 2 HOURS AND SOLD ONE 500$ MAKEING ME AND MY PARTNER 100$ AN HOUR. S.T.F.O.

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
Not all rear differentials will develop problems, but it does occur often enough to many people that it is a possibility. But, as long as it was driven gently and continues to be driven that way, it shouldn't be a problem.

The bearing failure apparently is caused whenever the axleshafts are allowed to flex excessively.

As for your recent sale, meh. - Reinhart

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
Not all rear differentials will develop problems, but it does occur often enough to many people that it is a possibility. But, as long as it was driven gently and continues to be driven that way, it shouldn't be a problem.

The bearing failure apparently is caused whenever the axleshafts are allowed to flex excessively.

As for your recent sale, meh. - Reinhart

Nickyfrmvegas
Unregistered guest
OH YA NA NA NA LOL I HAVE A BOXTER A CADDY AND A 05 JEEP and it only took 6 days a week for 10 hr a day for 13yrs in buiz and 4yr as a owner.OH ya and 16 SUV and MINNI VANS. PD FOR 16 titles in the safty deposit box.
And it all means nothing without you satisfied customers. So look them in the eye/pitch them HI and watch them buy! AND SAVE 80% of your net income. Because you never know when i might open a office near you! lol :-) S.T.F.O

PS to all the people that do what we do! You are at the top of the food chain (ACT LIKE IT) dont stop working untill you are a empty truck!!!!!! AND PAY THOUS TAXES(thats the only way they can stop you)

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"OH YA NA NA NA LOL I HAVE A BOXTER A CADDY AND A 05 JEEP and it only took 6 days a week for 10 hr a day for 13yrs in buiz and 4yr as a owner.OH ya and 16 SUV and MINNI VANS. PD FOR 16 titles in the safty deposit box."

Talk is cheap. Anyone can claim that they own something extravagant without proof.

Besides, wealth is not the issue. Product quality and value are. - Reinhart

Jimmy D
Unregistered guest
?

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
YO I WENT TO MY WAREHOUSE TODAY, AND THERE WAS A COUPLE OF REALLY PODUNK LOOKING SPEAKER GUYS THERE PICKING THE LAST OF MY TR-606`s. ME AND MY PARTNER SOLD THE 30 SETS THAT WE ORDERED UP HERE, AND THEN HERE THIS GUY IS TRYING TO BRAG THAT HE PICKED UP ALL ARE 606`s AND THAT HE PICKED UP ALL THE ONES IN SEATTLE LIKE HE WAS COOL OR SOMETHING.
I JUST JUST TOOK A LOOK AT HIM WITH HIS GUETTO TATOO ON HIS FLABBY ARM WEARING A 10 YEAR OLD METALLICA SHIRT WITH CUT OFF SLEAVES. I LET HIM HAVE IT WITHOUT TELLING HIM STRAITE LIKE I SHOULD OF. HIS PARTNER WAS ALMOST AS BROKE LOOKING , BUT HE DIDNT SAY A WORD SO I DONT KNOW IF HE WAS AS DUMB. THEY SAID THEY WERE TRAINED BY SCOTT NEWMAN.
SO SCOTT IF YOU READ THIS DONT TRAIN SUCH OAFY
LOOKING DUDES THERE GOING TO GIVE US A BAD NAME!

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
YO NICKY I NEVER TRIED TO GET INTOUCH WITH YOU BECAUSE I WOULD NOT WANT TO LEAVE MY AREA. THAT SIMPLE BRO.
OH NICKY IN ORDER FOR ME TO GET THE SIGHN ON BONUS HOW MUCH TIME WOULD I HAVE TO GIVE TO YOU UNTIL I COULD GO BACK TO INDY IF I WANTED TO?

SPKR. GUY
Unregistered guest
Yo pissed off girl friend in oregon. Im out of
Portland, and i have no idea who you are or have i heard of that big of a office around here any time lately.So either your lieing or you can explain yourself like where the office was or what`s the name of the office or something?
What`s the first letter in your boyfriends name?

SOUND SLANGER
Unregistered guest
yo spkr.guy i just found this site and so far your the coolest person on it. ive been slaminn 4 about five years in the northwest. and to everyone else you shouldnt complain so much youve been tought a good lesson, and besides most of you probably thought that you were getting over on someone in someway,if you beleaved the pitch

SOUND SLANGER
Unregistered guest
yo spkr.guy i just found this site and so far your the coolest person on it. ive been slaminn 4 about five years in the northwest. and to everyone else you shouldnt complain so much youve been tought a good lesson, and besides most of you probably thought that you were getting over on someone in someway,if you beleaved the pitch

Marty Marrrr
Unregistered guest
Right. These guys are thinking "here's some poor slob with extra speakers and just wants some extra cash, I bet I can rip him off and get these speakers for next to nothing". Thinking someone else will pay the price. Greedy pigs.

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
YA MARTY MARRRR THATS JUST HOW IT IS AT LEAST WITH MOST OF THEM. THERE THINKING THERE RIPPING OFF ME THE COMPANY AND WHO EVER ELSE. THEN THEY FIND OUT THAT NO ONE GOT JACKED SO THEY SAY OH I GOT RIPPED OFF SINCE I DIDNT RIP ANY ONE ELSE OFF.
SO ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT JUST BECAUSE YOU DIDNT JACK SOME ONE DOESNT MEAN YOU GOT SHAFTED IT JUST MEANS YOU GOT SPEAKERS FOR THE PRICE THERE WORTH!
PEACE OUT EVERY ONE...STFO FOR EVER!!!

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
WHERE ARE YOU PISSED OFF GIRL FRIEND?

Thatsonly$___forthepair
Unregistered guest
"$1,000!!! Wow, that speakerman could've stayed home for a couple of days on that sale. I hope your friend actually likes the speakers. If not, he's gonna be PISSED! Did he give him any beer money? Man, I gotta get into this gig."
An example of a person less interested in serving customers and more interested in just getting money off of them.

Would you do business with someone like this?

And, as for being a regular reader of Audioholics, you would also have to be aware of the staff's stance on white van ripoffs, which is the same as my stance. - Reinhart"

REINNOHEART... this is the guy who sold that $1000 sale. I dont post on these forum things, just laugh at guys like you usualy, but since you happen to make that comment about my exact sale, and the fact that you dont think the guy from Vegas actually has those vehicles and money, I thought I would reply to some of your dumb posts.

'wow that speakerman could have stayed home for a couple days after that sale' yes I could have.. if I was weak like you and did not push myself to keep seling that day and every day there on...
Reinhart your a dreamer and a talker, and thats all you will EVER be. Comments like 'The speakers are junk, period' are just funny seeing as I have the 1620 towers and surround in my house and enjoy the look and sound more so then me shelling out ALOT more money to aquire the same thing (like you probably did) lol.

As far as your dumb comment about my sale goes
'An example of a person less interested in serving customers and more interested in just getting money off of them'
I did not ask the customer to pay that much, I simply ask them 'whats the best you can do' and let the customers GREED make the answer... a 'flip' or two later (*winkwink s.t.f.o) SOLD

ReinNOheart we are one of the hardest types of workers out there (us speaker men who are true hustlers and not niigger rich). Try selling something that nobody wants, out of a vehicle, having people bash you all day long sometimes, in snow storms (up here in Canada), all with not just a staight face, but with the most amount of mojo you can muster, CONSISTANTLY. Sorry I dont sit back in a fancy store at my desk waiting for customers to come to me, we go out and MAKE the sale happen.
Hustlers can you believe this guy and these posts? These people dont know how LUCKY they have it compaired to back in the day when we were forced to sell nothing other than those Grey carpet 3 way speakers lol.

LoganAZ
Unregistered guest
Reinhart is just a frustrated, friendless LOSER with no life outside of this website. He must get a thrill out of what only he thinks are witty replies and comments like that Comic Book Guy on the Simpsons. When people compare you to him, you must be a loser. He doesn't get it though.

I bought these speakers. I am happy with them and I really DON"T care what you think! I have been watching this site for so long but havent said anything until now. If NOBODY replied to him or any of his comments maybe he will just GO AWAY! Doubtful though!

One thing I have learned is that intelligent men need to say very little to get their point across. For every one post reinhard makes three.

You work it out.

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"I bought these speakers. I am happy with them and I really DON"T care what you think! I have been watching this site for so long but havent said anything until now. If NOBODY replied to him or any of his comments maybe he will just GO AWAY! Doubtful though!"

I'm glad you're satisfied with your purchase. But, there are a lot of people out there that have bought these things and AREN'T satisfied. THAT'S the point. Plus, you still bought from misrepresentation. You still would've been better off buying speakers from a brand that has a reputation. Either that, or studying how to make one and building a set of speakers yourself.

This kind of shows a trend, doesn't it?

People, like you, don't care about quality and are too ignorant to know the difference and too lazy to try and research not only choices, but also the "how" and "why" of these things. People like you can be an open wallet or a tightwad at the wrong times.

I guess that's why the market has been flooded with merchandise that do not perform like stuff from years ago and likely won't last very long beyond the warranty period. For instance, I've lost count of the number of times people send in their Apex televisions for repair and they still are under warranty! They buy them because they think they are just as good as a Sony for less.

The caveat is that you spend more in the long run to replace cheap stuff while more expensive stuff generally tends to last well beyond the warranty period. You still get what you paid for.

You paid for crappy speakers so you have crappy speakers, whether you like them or not, period. To make it worse, you probably paid more than you should've when you bought them.

Penny-wise and dollar-foolish.

"One thing I have learned is that intelligent men need to say very little to get their point across."

And yet, people who are silent will never get their point across. - Reinhart

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"ReinNOheart we are one of the hardest types of workers out there (us speaker men who are true hustlers and not niigger rich). Try selling something that nobody wants, out of a vehicle, having people bash you all day long sometimes, in snow storms (up here in Canada), all with not just a staight face, but with the most amount of mojo you can muster, CONSISTANTLY."

Then I have questions for you.

What are you proud of when you do the work?

Are you proud of the product that you sell along with what you earn or are you only proud of the money that you get with the product being the means to get it?

As for letting the customer do the work, that's a very convenient excuse. But, it is still people like you who push and persuade the customer towards that position, which is what you call "mustering up the mojo." You still share a responsibility for it along with your hit. If you didn't do your part to convince the buyer, would he buy what you're selling?

Plus, you may work hard at it, but that doesn't change the fact that it's dishonest.

It wouldn't be dishonest if the products that you sell were honestly described as what they are with a plausible price.

But, it is dishonest because you have to claim that the speakers were extras from an install job that never really happened and have to push for a sale by citing a deliberately inflated price to create a climate where a lower "bargain" price can be reached. But, this bargain price would still be a huge markup compared to what it's actually worth. It's profit of a level that's unheard of when compared to profit that is actually made from sales of serious loudspeakers from reputable builders.

There are people who work very hard when taking advantage of others, but does working hard at something that's wrong suddenly make it right?

Claiming to work hard at it is still an excuse to try and justify it, and it's not a very convincing excuse.

It still evades the ultimate question: Is it right or wrong? - Reinhart

LoganAZ
Unregistered guest
Reinhart - ASSuming as always.

LoganAZ
Unregistered guest
There's a major difference between being silent and rambling on like a fu(k!ng idiot.

Just because you are a moron, don't ASSume everyone else is.

If you, as you mentioned, repair the things for a living and hobby, why are you complaining about them if it brings you income? By the way you talk, you'd have enough work to keep you employed for awhile.

Dave from Oregon
Unregistered guest
Dear everybody who is slamming the "White Van Speakers" I purchased Theater Research TR-606 from a couple of guys in a Circut City parking lot after I had been inside and priced new surround sound systems for my home. This was the third audio store I have been to and have compared a lot of different products both in price and dependability. All of the warrenties were similar but the price varied a lot. I was almost ready to spend $1450.00 when these nice young men told me they had an extra set from an install they did at a local Elks Lodge. They showed me an advertisement in a magazine and it said this exact same set was worth about $3600.00. We bargained back and forth for a while and that was fun for me because they both were colorfull and quick witted. We settled on $400.00 and $25.00 beer money. I didn't even know if they worked or if the warrenty was really any good. I'm happy to say that the speakers are everything I had hoped for. The sound is great and if they only last as long as the warrenty, then I'll go hunt these guy's down and buy another set from them.

LoganAZ
Unregistered guest
I didn't get the Theater Research but the Digital Research and I'm pretty happy.

But wait, here comes Reinhart to tell us we shouldn't be happy and that we got ripped off no matter what we paid and how happy we truly are. Just watch.

I can imagine him at Christmas telling everyone how crappy their presents are and wondering why he gets none. And I'm sure "he gets none" as well.

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"I can imagine him at Christmas telling everyone how crappy their presents are and wondering why he gets none. And I'm sure "he gets none" as well."

What were you saying about assuming? - Reinhart

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
IT`S PAINFULL TO WATCH. I FEEL BAD FOR YOU RIENHART, BECAUSE ALL THESE AVERAGE JOES THAT YOUR
TRYING TO (WHAT YOU CALL...HELP THEM) ARE JUST THROWING IT BACK IN YOUR FACE.THEY DONT WANT YOUR
OPINION OR YOUR ADVICE. SO MY ADVICE TO YOU IS LAY OFF IT. LATER YA ALL... ENJOY!

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"IT`S PAINFULL TO WATCH. I FEEL BAD FOR YOU RIENHART, BECAUSE ALL THESE AVERAGE JOES THAT YOUR
TRYING TO (WHAT YOU CALL...HELP THEM) ARE JUST THROWING IT BACK IN YOUR FACE."

Try looking at all the other forums with similar subjects. Not just this one. - Reinhart

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
I should just give it up but I can't. I have nothing else going on in my life I live for it. - Reinhart

Patrolman
Unregistered guest
What's going on? I can't believe you're giving in. You have to fight the good fight. - Patrolman

Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 1
Nice try, whoever is trying to impersonate me.

"I should just give it up but I can't. I have nothing else going on in my life I live for it. - Reinhart"

The use of incorrect gammar and poor punctuation usage are present in these sentences.

The first sentence is missing the comma. It should read: "I should just give it up, but I can't."

The second sentence looks more like it has two sentences mashed into one. It should read "I have nothing else going on in my life. I live for this." or something similar.

Secondly, since I am, or rather was, an unregistered guest, anyone could've impersonated me and typed stuff to put words in my mouth.

Of course, the impersonation can't happen again without giving away the imposter since I am now registered with eCoustics. - Reinhart

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
I WISH I HAD THE EXTRA TIME TO SPEND ALL DAY ON THE WEB, BUT I DONT. SO I JUST COME TO THIS ONE SITE AND SEE WHATS UP. THEN I LOG OFF AND GO ABOUT MY LIFE. MAYBE SOMETHING YOU SHOULD TRY!
IM NOT TRYING TO GET YOUR GOAT RIENHART.

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
RIENHART ARE YOU KIP WELLS NOW?

LoganAZ
Unregistered guest
This is one of the most childish websites I've ever seen. Grow up people.

mike607
Unregistered guest
i agree w/ reinhart...hes just trying to make a piont that the speakers are being misrepresented. i myself have a "cheap" 5.1 onkyo that i bought from circuit city for $270..they sound fantastic & i love them...but the salesman didnt tell me they were worth anymore than maybe 300 cause they were on sale. he told me exactly what i was going to get when i brought it home. also i got to hear them @ the store before i bought the set, something you cant do out of a van.

about 2 months ago a couple dudes pulled up to me in a van & asked me if i wanted some awesome speakers i told them to f*ck off & i drove away.

it would be different if they were selling actual brand names for reasonable prices & not making up stories...sort of like how ppl sell watermelons & the like on the side of the road. theyre not telling you that "these are overstocked watermelons & theyre worth alot more".

then again i can see where everybody else is coming from. if you like the product who cares how much you paid? well the truth is that 99 out of 100 times those speakers are worth way less than what you paid. plus theres no warrantee or retuen policy. if your not a true audiophile just head on over to radio shack or circuit city & dont talk to any ppl in a van along the way!!

mike607
Unregistered guest
i agree w/ reinhart...hes just trying to make a piont that the speakers are being misrepresented. i myself have a "cheap" 5.1 onkyo that i bought from circuit city for $270..they sound fantastic & i love them...but the salesman didnt tell me they were worth anymore than maybe 300 cause they were on sale. he told me exactly what i was going to get when i brought it home. also i got to hear them @ the store before i bought the set, something you cant do out of a van.

about 2 months ago a couple dudes pulled up to me in a van & asked me if i wanted some awesome speakers i told them to f*ck off & i drove away.

it would be different if they were selling actual brand names for reasonable prices & not making up stories...sort of like how ppl sell watermelons & the like on the side of the road. theyre not telling you that "these are overstocked watermelons & theyre worth alot more".

then again i can see where everybody else is coming from. if you like the product who cares how much you paid? well the truth is that 99 out of 100 times those speakers are worth way less than what you paid. plus theres no warrantee or return policy. if your not a true audiophile just head on over to radio shack or circuit city & dont talk to any ppl in a van along the way!!

LoganAZ
Unregistered guest
Hey, I like the watermelon analogy. That's good.

"if you like the product who cares how much you paid?."

I think that's the point nearly everyone has been trying to make all along. Product satisfaction means more to me than worrying if I got scammed or ripped off and being pissed off solely because of that and after the fact. It's a risk I took and am happy with regardless of what others may say or assume.

As far as warranty or return policy goes, I haven't had one problem with mine. I won't say "yet" as I don't anticipate any problems.

See ya later Mike, this site needs more level headed guys like you around to even out the nonsense that's been overflowing lately.

mike607
Unregistered guest
thanks logan! in this case both parties are right. the 1st being reinhart & the 2nd being everybody else lol. but whos more right than the other? the answer is: whos to say?? i read most of this thread & figured both sides have valid points. you shouldnt trust a sketchy dude trying to sell you goods out of his van...but then again if your satisfied w/ what you bought, was there any harm done?

my PERSONAL opinion is to avoid the white van dudes. i mean for $270 i got a damn good 5.1 surround system complete w/ money back warrantee & a 2 year parts/labor deal.

no audio enthusiast in his/her right mind would even consider buying a piece of equipment "sound unheard" & thats no secret. but if you dont consider yourself to be an enthusiast or an audio/videophile you STILL really should take the better-safe-than-sorry approach & head to your local electronics retail shop.

another point i havent seen on this thread is this: whats the difference between buying no name speakers from a stranger out of the back of a van w/o testing them, & buying a no name speaker off ebay? the answer is shipping cost & i think even reinhart will agree. the truth is i spent around $500 on speakers and a dvd player/screen for my car last year off ebay. i was thoroughly UNSATISFIED w/ my purchase & there was nothing i could do about it. the dvd player broke & the speakers were crap! the screen was fine but it came a MONTH late. moral of the story: unless you can TEST it, do not buy it.

heres a good example: theres a pretty big meat scam going around. ppl in trucks sell you "overstocked" (or some other excuse) steak or another meat & you buy lets say $300 worth of it thinking you get a good deal. WRONG the meat is spoiled & you have no idea who those ppl even were! why would you buy steak w/o trying it first? if you walk around in your local grocery store youll find many "tester" tables where you can test, for the sake of this argument, steak, & if you like it then you can buy as much of it as you want knowing it tastes good.

same goes for speakers. go to a brick & mortar shop & try some out. bring your favorite cd or your ipod if need be. the store will almost always let you listen to your own tunes on their recievers. i learned my lesson so i dont have to worry about making the same mistake twice. however if you already bought speakers from a van, or ebay, or any other source that doesnt provide product testing, and you like what you bought, then count your blessings & play it safe next time! its your money were talking about, you wouldnt buy a car w/o test driving it would you? same goes for about every product on the market. from skateboards to homes to islands, ppl wanna know exactly what theyre buying before the money is spent, and the proverbial "van" drives away.

Username: Wacky911

None, None Usa

Post Number: 1
my friend bought some DR-2810's off the 'white van seller' in upstate new york the other day, the guy claimed to be 'Greg' selling them the usual high pressure way.. Anyways just to comment, originally he bought 4 spkrs 2 pair, and when he called me and told me i looked up this thread .. I told him it looks like he got scammed, however once we hooked them up, our minds were blown, these are up there in sound quality with my KRK V8 studio ref. monitors.. They are INCREDIBLE sounding, if you get a chance to get these for 150-250 each id do it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us