Subwoofer Connection to TV :)

Anonymous
Hi All,

I was wondering whether it's possible to add a subwoofer (powered) directly to a television set via the tv's RCA audio out jacks? I know subwoofers usually have both line and speaker level outs, but can I simply use the RCA out on the TV and take it into the sub's line in????

Any comments????....Thanks!!!!

Cable Guy
So you want to add more bass to compliment your TV speakers by connecting to a powered subwoofer without a receiver?

You could do this, but you should check to see if your TV will produce sound from the TV speakers while simultaneously sending a signal through the line output.

For some TVs, it's one or the other; either TV speakers or line output. If your TV is like this, all you'd end up with is subwoofer sound, which would probably make it hard to understand movie dialogue .

Porcdoc
To top it off you will either miss 1/2 of the bass
by connecting jusy one set (left or right) If you
use both outputs to your sub you will either defeat the stero (make mono to both channels) or
cause a change in electrical values causing the
sound to go low on the other channels and distort the sound. Those are the least of the problems.

Anonymous
Hi,

I want to connect my subwoofer and surround sound system to my TV and X-Box. The problem is the TV has no jack plugs sockets on it and only 1 scart socket. Other than buying an amplifier is there any cheap way of connecting all three?

Thanks

Derek
Use the Audio Out from a VCR connected to the surround sound system. The downlide - You will have to watch everything through the VCRs tuner.

Hope this helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us