How to Connect my Television(with no audio o/p) to my Home theater System(has no coaxial o/p).

Anonymous

I am trying to hookup my Panasonic Television to my Panasonic Home Theater but in vain.

My Television has no audio output, but my Home Theater requires an audio input.

So, is there any way i can use a cable box to redirect the audio signal from the coaxial cable, and give it to my Home Theater audio input.

I also tried to redirect the coaxial i/p through my VCR, but my Home Theater has no coaxial o/p, so i cannot browse all the channels ....
The ciruit looks too complicated.....

Appreciate your help..

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 677
Don't you have any audio output from your cable? Connect that to your receiver.

You can also go coax to VCR and then audio and video to receiver and then video out to TV as well.

Anonymous

Thanx for the advise....But...

I tried coax to my VCR, only audio to my receiver, as there is no video i/p to it, and video out to my TV.

But i can view only 1 TV Channel that too on the Video 1 channel.

When i inquired at an electronics store, i was told VCR is not going to do the job.

Can i use a cable box, to break my audio&video input from the coax ....if so, can i purchase a cable box, rather than subscribing with my cable provider.

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 682
It still doesn't make sense. If you are able to watch cable directly through your TV without a cablebox, then you should be able to go through the VCR and still be able to change channel. You should use the VCR as the tuner and change channels through the VCR.

This way your audio can be channeled by the VCR to your receiver.

Bronze Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 48
Connect your coax cable to your VCR in and out to TV.FRom you VCR send left and right audio to your reciever's viedo input. On the remote for the VCR you have to press the TV/VCR button and you will now be able to set the TV for channel 3 and use the VCR to change the cable channels. You may have to go to menu on the VCR to set up the channel search and select cable as your source.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us