Too much treble

Username: Jwright70

Post Number: 1
I made a mistake and bought a cheap 5.1 surround sound system off ebay. After I got it, I realized it isn't really 5.1 unless you have front, rear, and subwoofer hookups on your tv. So as it is, it is only 2.1, and there is alot of treble that comes out of the subwoofer and distorts the bass. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Is there some sort of adapter so I can have front, rear, and subwoofer hookups? Please help.

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 678
There is not enough info here. Why would you have to hookup the speakers to your TV?

Username: Jwright70

Post Number: 2
The speakers don't hook up to the TV. For 5.1 surround sound the main box is supposed to be hooked up to the TV with three wires. One for rears, one for fronts, and one for the subwoofer. Then, the main box has outputs for the speakers.(exept for the subwoofer, it is in the box)Right now, the left and right audios from the TV are hooked up to one of the inputs(As the instructions describe for 2.1). The box distributes the sound evenly through all of the speakers(including the subwoofer)which makes it sound terrible.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us