6.1 to 7.1

Anonymous

Hi, my Denon 1705 only has plugs for one rear channel. I have two speakers that I want to use. Can I just plug them both into the one slot in the back? Will this cut the sound quality?

Thanks so much, you guys always help!

Unregistered guest
Stay with one speaker. To achieve true 7.1 surround sound you must have a receiver with the extra channel. Each channel in surround sound has specific audio information that is sent to it in order to achieve the proper effects. All you will accomplish is making that particular channel louder and possibly overpowering in relation to the other channels.

Unregistered guest
Stay with one speaker. To achieve true 7.1 surround sound you must have a receiver with the extra channel. Each channel in surround sound has specific audio information that is sent to it in order to achieve the proper effects. All you will accomplish is making that particular channel louder and possibly overpowering in relation to the other channels.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4878
Having 2 speakers attached to the rear output will not make that particular channel louder. It is still not recommended as it may change the impedance load of the rear speaker output and may result in not so pleasant consequences.

Username: Archie2

Post Number: 1
Don't double up and plug 2 speakers in the same terminal, you will cut the impedence in half and run the risk of blowing your amplifier.

waste of money
Unregistered guest
there is no true 7.1 all it is a exact copy of the rear channel in a 5.1 system
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us