Need help please

Username: Cozy

ManchesterUk

Post Number: 1
Hi everyone, 1st post here, rather nice forums

Right down to business, i need help setting up my home system, here is what i have

Panasonic 28" widescreen tv with 2No. scart sockets

panasonic 5 disk dvd player with surround sound with 1No. scart socket

panasonic DMRES10 dvd recorder (2 scarts on it i think) as i'm buying it tonight

samsung ntl box with scart for tv and scart for vcr or dvd recorder

before i got the ntl box i just had my dvd/surround sound connected to tv via scart and all works fine

just got ntl and i connected that to the second scart on the tv and it works on the av channel and it all comes through on the surround sound

my question is which is the best way to connect all these to each other, i have an idea which i think will work as follows:-

connect tv to dvd player/surround sound via scart, connect ntl box to tv via other scart, connect dvd recorder to ntl box via scart

i think this way will work and i know i can only record off the ntl box with the dvd recorder

scart leads???

i have a monster gold plated one (£30 i think) and a crappy jvc one and one i got with a free view box, now i'm wondering should i invest in some better ones to connect everything up or just connect the best one from the tv to the ntl box and use the others on the dvd recorder to ntl box and 1 on the dvd player/surround sound

if investing in new ones what are good quality ones to use and got anywhere i can get them cheap

and finally i have a ps2 and xbox that connect to tv via scart connections, is there any decent scart splitters out there with switchable sockets as i got a multipoint scart lead with 5 scart connections on it and its just crap £12.99 jvc jobbie

i can live with swithing scarts when i wanna play ps2 or xbox, but would be nice if i didn't have to go to the back of tv to swap them round when i want to play

i know its a long post and i have probably posted a load of babble but any advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers in advance

Cozy

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us