Help with Sony home theater

Username: Score023

Post Number: 2
I just got an HDTV and have the system hooked up through my Sony receiver home theater system, my problem is I can't get the receiver to go into DD 5.1. I have the receiver set on auto format decode and when I watch a HD event the receiver goes into DD 3/2 mode. I know the receiver is capable of 5.1. Am I doing something wrong and what is the difference between 3/2 and 5.1? Also should I keep the receiver on auto format decode or is there a better setting? Thanks in advance.

Unregistered guest
When the receiver scrolls dolby digital 3/2.1 it is running in DD 5.1. It breaks down as follows, 3 is for the three front speakers, 2 is for the two surround speakers, and .1 is the subwoofer. You will also see a but light on the front on the reciever when it is decoding multi-channel signals. AFD is a recommended setting. However, try switching to some of the other sound formats like cinema studio EX A, B, or C, or whatever. The final setting depends on the source you are watching and personal preference. Your manual will explain these in further deatil. You may e-mail me as I have mastered Sony receivers after many headaches.

Unregistered guest
When the receiver scrolls dolby digital 3/2.1 it is running in DD 5.1. It breaks down as follows, 3 is for the three front speakers, 2 is for the two surround speakers, and .1 is the subwoofer. You will also see a blue light on the front on the reciever when it is decoding multi-channel signals. AFD is a recommended setting. However, try switching to some of the other sound formats like cinema studio EX A, B, or C, or whatever. The final setting depends on the source you are watching and personal preference. Your manual will explain these in further deatil. You may e-mail me as I have mastered Sony receivers after many headaches.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us