How to use TV speakers as your Front Left and Right???

thinkoutsidethebox
Unregistered guest
I am adding an audio system and have no room for front speakers. I purchased the Sony 55 inch LCD TV that has the speakers that extend out from the side.

I would like to use them as the Left and Right front speakers ...... anyone know how??

I do not run any video through the receiver, only the audio.

I was thinking I could run the L/R front speaker output from the receiver to the TV audio input but the receiver side needs a wire input and the TV needs RCA?

Has anybody tried this and/or will it work??

Thanks for your help,
Rodney

emodica
Unregistered guest
Hi Rodney,
First a question-
What type of input is on the back of your sony r/l tv speakers? Are they line-level (rca) or speaker level (twisted pair)?

If they're rca then if yout reciever has line-level preouts then you should connect the l/r to the Sony audio inputs.

thinkoutsidethebox
Unregistered guest
Yes my receiver has the preouts and the TV has the standard L/R RCA. I'll try that.

Sounds like this will not use the receiver amp but I'll give it a try and see how it sounds.

thanks!

emodica
Unregistered guest
Hey Again Rodney,

Yes you're right you won't be using the reciever amp but rather whatever's in the telivision. I'm actually thinking of trying something similar but I want to use my aquos l/r speakers as a center channel. Let me know how this works for you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us