Help with my tower speakers onkyo 90w/chan recei. and sub

Username: Orky

Vista, Ca Usa

Post Number: 2
i have my self a 12 inch velodine sub and infinity tower front spearkers - left and right
and the receiver is a onkyo tx-sr603x 90w/channel 7.1ch

im here... i connected everything just the sub and the two towers for now untill i can get the surround speakers. when i put the volume up around 80 everything shuts off? and i cant figure out why. i got a 4500 joules surge protector.only components connected at the moment are my lg flat screen tv and dvd player / hd/cable box.

zone 2 is an option that i read through the manual (receivers) connecting zone 2- THEIR ARE TWO CONNECTION METHODS-USING A GECEIVER INTEGRATED AMP IN ZONE2 OR USING ONLY A PAIR OF SPEAKERS IN ZONE 2. that leads me to belive thats my situation with the only one pair of speakers. but then it says - WHIT THS CONNECTION METHOD YOU CAN USE 5.1 SURROUND SOUND IN THE MAIN ROOM AND PLAY A DIFF. AV SOURCE IN ZONE 2.
so thats really not me so i think. my commen sence is telling me zone two is for sound in an alternative room other than the main rooms sound. but given my situation would it be a good option to use it just for my main room . a lil confused here any help would trully be appreciated.

thank you

Username: Orky

Vista, Ca Usa

Post Number: 3
ok so zone 2 was not the correct way to get their.

i checke all the wirring, cables and made sure their wasnt any wires threads crossing when i raised the volume out. now i know for a fact that its my subwoofer making the receiver shut down. i have a velodyne vrp 12 inch and the cross over low pass seting was all the way up to 200hz and i cant have have it all the way up to full blast on the sub or it will shut off my receiver, not sure why though, i set the hz down to 100hz and volume on the sub to 3/4 volume. still my reeiver shuts down around 90 volume.

Bronze Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 56
I would set all the speaker to small, if you can with this receiver and the bass mangement to 80Hz. If this does not help, you may just have a bad one and can not handle what is being asked of it.

Bronze Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 57
By the way, not sure what 90 volume is on the Onkyo but if you have to turn the volume up over 1\3 to 1\2 to get reference level volumes, you are probably underpowered.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us