Newbie Help.... Rate my Equipment!

Username: Agarvy

Post Number: 1
I am going from a Family Room Setup to build-out of a dedicated media room. The room is somewhat small....20 Feet by 12.5 Feet and the ceiling height is only 7 Feet. I am going to get a front projector... Maybe the Sharp series since I read it was good with small rooms.

Anyways, I have the following equipment. What should I use and what should I upgrade on! Please feel free to opine!

1. Floor Speakers: B & W DM 603: These were bought as audio speakers. Would they make good Home Theatre Speakers (front Left and Right)?

2. Center Channel: Bose VCS - 10 The center channel speakers from Bose look awfully thin and small is that all someone would need for a dedicated media room???

3. Bass - Subwoofer: JBL PB-10

4. A/V Receiver: Sony STR-DE975 Virtual 6.1 Maxtrix (110 W X 5)

I could upgrade all of this if I have to. I want it to sound good but if some of these pieces strike you experienced people as worth re-using please let me know!! Be honest and blunt if you need to!!

Thank you

Tony

Bronze Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 58
I guess we would need a budget first, otherwise we are all going to have fun spending your money.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4654
First, get rid of the VCS-10 center channel speakers and loook at the B&W lineup, that will match your other B&W.

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 616
Definitly what Berny said. I think the B&W is the best of your lineup there. I don't know what the JBL Subwoofer is like, but after replacing the Bose, I would look to replace the Sony.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us