HT-S780 Static, even with no input, and min. volume

Username: Mckeejm

Post Number: 1
So I bought the HT-S780 and was really pleased with it. I only used 5 of the 7 due to the size of the room. My right surround was sitting on a table to my right waiting to be wall mounted.

Sound was fine before wall mounting. I mount it to the wall, fire it up and notice static coming from the speaker. This happens for all inputs that the right surround is active on.

So I logically think, ok ... the problem is either the speaker or the cable. I switch speakers, using the same wire (18 gauge) and the sound is still present. I unhook everything regarding my home theater. Nothing is powered, except the receiver, and this speaker. I change speakers AND cable and plug it into the same speaker terminal in the rear of the receiver. I get this same static.

Is this a problem with the speaker terminal itself? I've removed every other point of failure (to my knowledge) in the sound chain. Does anyone have any help please?!?! I have a new years party coming up and really want it to be in working order for the party. ANY help is much appreciated. Even the craziest of ideas... please....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us