Just Got This Plasma

Username: Relaxingjoe

Post Number: 1
I have been reading a lot lately and I seem to be getting more and more confused. Basically, the capabilities of my Plasma are below along with my questions that are numbered.

Perfect for movies and other programs formatted for 16:9 aspect-ratio screens, the monitor's HD component-video inputs accept full 720p and 1080i HDTV signals from set-top boxes and DTV receivers, which are sold separately.

High Brightness: 1000 cd/m 2
VGA (852 x 480 Pixel Resolution)
16:9 Wide Screen Aspect Ratio
High Definition Television (HDTV) Compatible
1000:1 Contrast Ratio
16.7 Million Color Display

Video Input
SD & HD Rear Component Video
Side and Rear Composite Video
Side and Rear S-Video

Audio Input
2 Side & 2 Rear L/R Audio for Video

Audio Output
L/R Audio for Video

1) There is only 1 component hookup to support HD - so do I use component cables to connect the DVD player with TV?

2) Do I use composite cables to hook up the cable box to the TV (but i can order HD via cable box per monthly fee - is this then a waste to order it?)

THANKS in advance!!!

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 609
If you have HDTV you need to get HD package for your cable box, otherwise what's the point of getting the HDTV? Just to watch DVD's?

What type of HDTV is it that does not have a HDMI or DVI input?

Username: Relaxingjoe

Post Number: 2
It's the Sylvania 6842PF EDTV - it has only 2 HD component hookups.

Username: Praetorian

Post Number: 7
Well if it has two what's the issue? If your ordering HD channels then use your HD input from your cable box... if you don't have two (I am still unclear as to whether you do or not) use the s-video for your DVD, if you cannot do that, use the composite cables, BUT AT ALL COSTS, IF YOUR PAYING FOR hd tv, use THE hd INPUTS!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us