Archive through August 05, 2005

Username: Stfo

Post Number: 10
who needs speakers in europe can contact me

Anonymous

chicago sucker again,

So here's the real deal. The speakers are fine. They don't put out the quality that they advertise, but all the advertising and packaging is bullshit, as we know. But here's the key: DON'T BUY THE RECEIVER. It's a piece of junk. Everything pumped into it get's over madulated (the level all peak out and the sound becomes muddy) The surround is fake, but there's no way around that because the digital receiver tries to break it up no mattrer what. STAY AWAY from the RECEIVER!!!!!

and if you know any one who needs to buy a receiver, give a call!

Matt sanch
Unregistered guest
I have just been royally duped in the same way as all you other trusting poeple. It was in Bristol(uk) today. The bearded-yank and the short london reprobate drove a white van with reg: LF52 BWG. If thats any help then good luck to you.

Anonymous

Well I unwittingly bought the TI-440M (just the set of speakers, without receiver) on ebay before I saw this site, luckily I only paid $110.00 including s/h, from what I'm reading the speakers aren't too bad...are they worth around what I paid for? If so I won't feel so bad, if not I'll probably try to sell them on ebay for half that with a disclaimer that they're not worth as advertised. Also, it was advertised with a "built-in receiver" in the sub-woofer, what the hell does that mean? Finally, anyone know what price I should expect to pay for a decent set of speakers for my Sony DE597 receiver? Thanks for any input, I plan to call the corporate # every day for the next month and make loud noises like excited llamas getting it on (203-294-8829)

Unregistered guest
they got me today in Daytona Beach for $200.00 for the Ti 440mr + receiver. Same fast talking big guy who wouldnt take no for an answer and wanted me to buy him a beer!

Anonymous

My husband got hit by the guys in the white Durango as mentioned previously in the Houston area. He called me and I for warned him it was a scam and not to fall for it. To my disappointment I got a call by him saying the deal was to good to pass. Fortunate for us the system works and my husband can stop praying that his wife would be merciful if it did not.

Mike in FH, Michigan
Unregistered guest
Count me in as being duped. Only $150, plus an old camp chair I had in the back of the truck! I'll keep my fingers crossed and see if they work.

Definitely a lesson learned.

I'm a speakerman
Unregistered guest
Hi, i'm a speakerman doing things the right way. Check out www.burckhards.com
peace,
Simon

ANT
Unregistered guest
HEY GUYS JUST LIKE YOU I GOT SCAMED AND I WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THEY HAVE A WEBSITE HOSTED "HOSTINGBYREGISTER.COM" SO IF YOU WANT CALL THEM UP!! AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THEIR SCAM WEBSITE "WWW.THEATER-INNOVATIONS.COM"
Toll free in the U.S. and Canada:
(877) 381-2449
CALL THEIR WEBSITE HOST AND HAVE THEIR WEBSITE SHUT DOWN!! THIS IS JUST ONE STEP TO SOLVING THIS PROBLEM. WILL POST MORE LATER.. THANX

Anonymous

Simon,

How can you claim to be re-born in one breath and then list TR products on your website in the next??

ST*O (I assume the F isn't allowed anymore)

Anonymous

I Almost won a TI~6200 Home Theater System on ebay today! The guy is still selling them on ebay. After I lost the bid, he sent me an email, to sell me another unit at my highest bid ($320)!!
Then I got suspicious, and started searching. Now I'm glad that I found this site. Thank You All!

better watch out scamster
Unregistered guest
Sh*t happens - $250. It's also gonna go down the next time one of these guys tries to pull it again. Beware SELLER...you try this with me or any of my friends - who have been fully informed...you're going to be in tough shape. I actually can't wait and look forward to it!

Bronze Member
Username: Stfo

Post Number: 14
i have speakers for speakermen in europe

scamedinnewmarket
Unregistered guest
Well, I just bought a system today and I thought for sure I got a good deal until I did a search on the product TI-6000S and came up with this site and all the ppl that have been scamed. I looked in the box and it all looks good to me. I haven't had a chance to set it up and look at it yet. I heard that the only problem is they give you crappy speaker wire. I paid $375, but the whole plot was the same. They came up to me and had a bunch in the back of their van. I don't even know if this is a legit model or not. Has anyone had a good experience with this product?
Thanks

Username: Depotscam

Post Number: 1
Hey All,

Just ran into 2 clowns in a blue van in the Home Depot parking lot in Brewster, NY. Thought the whole thing seemed too good to be true so I walked away. One guy with the moustache was very persistent telling me that if he didn't sell the systems he had, he would have to give them back to the doctor that ordered them. I asked for the address of the doctor and neither he or his fat a** buddy could come up with it. I told them they were "pieces of sh*t" and walked away. They then swung the van around claiming I had grabbed their license plate number. It kind of turned into a bit of scene at that point so they drove away while I yelled at the van. Once I got home I checked online to see if I actually had missed out on a deal. Thats when I came across this lovely thread. Sorry to all of you who have been scammed, people like this are the lowest form of life out there....and for the record I made these 2 idiots well aware of that.

AL and D
Unregistered guest
Hello man,

2 week a go, I was in the trafic at Montreal on Decarie road service and 2 guys whit a
Ford Expedition ask me for theater son system. They told me it was a over box front the
shop. I pay 350 can $ for this shitt!!
Today i salt the 2 same guys. They rent the truck at Enterprise car location on the
corner of Durnford and Decarie road service.
I call the police and i park my car just in the back side of this truck.
He had 4 guys, they was really stupid they are laughing of me.
When the police come they continus laughing of me and they say you can't do nothing
for that.
The 2 police officer can't do many thing. Checking the car , the box's and ID but they
told me they gone a make a follow up...
And they told me, the better lesson it if one day they salt the bad person like a biker.

I know where is the shop it's YCB compagnie at 8100 Trans-Canadienne Montreal.

Good luck!!

AL and D
Unregistered guest
Hello man,
Haüffman son system
2 week a go, I was in the trafic at Montreal on Decarie road service and 2 guys whit a
Ford Expedition ask me for theater son system. They told me it was a over box front the
shop. I pay 350 can $ for this shitt!!
Today i salt the 2 same guys. They rent the truck at Enterprise car location on the
corner of Durnford and Decarie road service.
I call the police and i park my car just in the back side of this truck.
He had 4 guys, they was really stupid they are laughing of me.
When the police come they continus laughing of me and they say you can't do nothing
for that.
The 2 police officer can't do many thing. Checking the car , the box's and ID but they
told me they gone a make a follow up...
And they told me, the better lesson it if one day they salt the bad person like a biker.

I know where is the shop it's YCB compagnie at 8100 Trans-Canadienne Montreal.

Good luck!!

Username: Dluong

They got me here at Annandale, VA. I payed for $300 for the stupid system, go home and turns it on. The stupid system suck....F@@#@$@#ck. Ih sound hiss, and speaker sound broken. I checked the box and it looks very new or recently made because it has the xbox, gamecude, mp3...and all new technology on the box so i though this is legit. I hesitaed a bit because i check the back pannel and they don't have the optical input. However, when he showed me a magazine with the system on and the price was 2999.99 so I though. He told me that he previously sold the system to another person for $1500 because that person know the system and he pays for it anyway.

I want to bring this stupid scum bag to the authority and prosecute the scum bag as for fraud and saling false product.

***There's one idea, that i want to implement is that we file suite against the company that create the product. The box has all the label on it and claiming it has technology, but yet actaul product contains none or sowhatever what's claim on the box.***

Unregistered guest
I just bought this system outside a restaurant in Alexandria Va, I havent hooked it up yet. I got home and looked on line for the product and this came up. I bought the product for my new place that me and my girl moved into, and she is in TX visiting her family, this was going to be great addition to our new spot. Tourns out i do not know what to think. I got the ti-5100 5.1 sound surround speaker system, no reciever. I am scared to hook it up after reading all these responses. It seems like the reciever is crap but what about the speakers? Are thay that bad? I got hooked by the samr sales pitch, "I work for a home instalation service.". "I got an overstocke and have to meet my boss to hook it up,look at the catalog and the price in the catalog and on the box, so all i need is half." I gave him 300 dollors, and my girl does not even know. Well i guess I have to pick up more shifts. The worst part is we try to save money by staying home and watching moveies, all i wanted was a good sound while sitting at home. I read the stories and it is a white van, the one that approached me was a blue van, one white guy one golden gram skin color guy. The sales guy and i called each other so i have his number, any suggestions please fell free to help as i will do everything in my power to help you.

Post Number: 2
rmtz,

the guy i bought from is short and white. When spoke he has a broken voice and sound like kid who has been yelling a lot. From what i remember was the van was bargundy red.

Anyway, what's ur email and we could work togther on this and get the stupid guy put to jail or at least.

Here my email address. dluong@cox.net

Keven
Unregistered guest
they got me! young fat man with goatee selling hauffman 5.1 speakers in charny's mcdonald in québec/canada.

damn i've lost 400$ buck for that crap..... i tought the reciever was included for that price...
well i re-sold it to a young boy for 150$, well at least i got a bit of my money back.

Anonymous

READ THIS *********************

ANYONE in the UK interested in hunting down these guys should get together sometime.
i have great plans for when i do meet these fu*kers again.
such as beating and spreading that fat fu*ker all over a road with a bat and his girlfriend too!!!

anyone wanting to express thier views to the guys or just give them a good swift kick up the a*se join in the fun..

the van they drive in Berkshire area is reg;

GD03 VGU ********************

watch out for this van

angrybrother
Unregistered guest
Arrrrrr!!! My brother just got scammed....their selling their sh*t in Nottingham now...he bought some speakers that look cheap as hell for 200 quid, well glad it werent me!

angrybrother
Unregistered guest
Arrrrrr!!! My brother just got scammed....their selling their sh*t in Nottingham now...he bought some speakers that look cheap as hell for 200 quid, well glad it werent me!

angrybrother
Unregistered guest

Unregistered guest
Hi guys, I'm another idiot. They are in Portsmouth now, they hit me not 6 hours ago, it all seemed to good to be true and indeed, it was. Same old story, two american guys saying they needed to unload it because they had some "extra" that there boss wouldn't like. Fool on me for believing them. I handed over £310 for two TI1250 and one TI6000. like people say, thats human greed for you (I'm now even more skint than I was being a student). Havn't plugged them in yet. Hope I will get some sound out of them. Otherwise I have definatly learnt from my mistake.

I'm just so glad my account had a limit of £300!!! *phew*

Got there number though, I am definatly up for doing something to these guys if anyone else wants to! B**stards

Anonymous

Scammed in Milford, MA...

My friend paid $350 for two speakers, TI-1250. What a rip. He thought they were worth $2,000 a piece until my husband researched theater innovations. Nice box, some typos on the warranty card, and I even like the styrofoam imprint. The speakers look straight from 1980.

Kick A$$ System
Unregistered guest
you guys are all stupid for believing the scam...

I Sell Speakers
Unregistered guest
www.burckhards.com

A corrupt and greedy speakerman, I was one of the best.
Telling tall tales and hustling suckers seemed to be the
perfect gig for a nut like me. On the streets of LA, sitting
ducks are everywhere. In a frenzy of sweat and mojo,
we'd swoop down, scramble their brains with fantastic
stories, and relieve them of their hard-earned dollar.

Only Jesus Christ could save a wretch like me.

And He did.

I could no longer do business in the way of the world, my
sales method needed an absolute overhaul. Knowing
this, I took a step in a different direction. Now, almost
three years later, I am a new man, a new salesman and
the ultimate speakerman!

Staying true to myself is proving effective. In time, I hope
to change the image of my practice and the vibe of the
entire industry. With God's help, I will.

Simon Burckhard, Speakerman since 2000!!!
Idaho permit # 002853438-S

MISSION STATEMENT:

Burckhard's is a business committed to total honesty. The fraudulent and deceptive
sales techniques employed by many industry salesmen are not tolerated here. We
believe that these methods are shrewd and dishonest. Salesmen should channel
creativity and excitement in meaningful, productive and honest ways.

Many products sold on the street boast an MSRP value disproportionate to the actual
quality of the product. Burckhard's believes that bolstering an enormous MSRP is
unfair to the consumer. Straightforward, fair pricing is our alternative to MSRP hiking.

We sell primarily on the street. These types of sales are generally energetic, resulting
many times in an impulsive purchase. We do not, however, condone the use of high
pressure, manipulation, and/or brute force.

Our pricing is competitive. Low overhead expense allows us to compete with many of
the larger retail outlets. We do, however, leave room to haggle and we encourage our
customers to engage in the process of negotiation.

Above all, we want satisfied customers. We remain as available as is possible and we
challenge ourselves to find solutions to the problems that our customer's face.

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 158
Well like to see you try your mind tricks on me.

Has a former cinema projectionist, worked for top chains like UCI and Warner village cinemas UK and though I no what to look for and listen for, so good luck.

Sell me a loudspeaker though I have been using JBL now for around 16 years wow, that's a lot of water under the bridge.

Ashley

CharlieInMO
Unregistered guest
i got taken last night in MO. short fat guy with a goatee, and a skinny kid that looked like he hadn't eaten in a week. they were driving around in a red ford van. didn't think to get the plate. we agreed on $250, so they followed me to the atm, and when i went to give him the money, he goes it's 350. i said we agreed on 250, and he took a step towards me and says it's 350. i felt a little threatened, so i told him i didn't have another 100 dollars. he said that if i didn't give him the 100, he would follow me till i did. i finally gave in and took another hundred out, and paid the short fat guy who was eyeing the money like it was a 12 oz steak. oh well, i got the TI1250's. came home, searched and found this site a little to late......lesson learned.

Anonymous

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Haüffman SCAM
May 31 2005, 4:15pm, Booth Street, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

I was approached on the street by two men in their early 20's posing as home theatre installers from Montreal on route from Ottawa to Montreal with high end home theatre equipment that they acquired as part of a larger shipment destined to their employers business in Montreal. The story goes they had been supplied additional units over and above what their company had ordered and payed for and they intended to sell these off without their employer knowing.

They presented me with 4 sealed substative boxes as follows: 1 car stereo system, 1 home theater speaker systems for a commercial application(purported value of $2,900), and 2 home theatre speakers system with built-in amplifier/tuner in subwoofer (purported value of $1,900).

They claimed the following:
1) Prices noted on the boxes were in Euro dollars;
2) Equipment was high end and manufactured in Germany and not yet available in local stores;
3) They needed to sell at least one unit so they could cover the cost of a hotel room to store the other 3 units (as they had to pick up there unknowing boss who was in Ottawa and returning with them to Montreal that evening);
4) They presented a packing slip and invoice that purported the prices noted in 1 above;

The individuals were driving a late model light green Ford Expedition with Quebec plates and were eliciting who ever would pay them the time of day.

At the time they were almost convincing but in hindsight they were lots of clues.

Anonymous

Im an idiot is all i can say, £250 down the drain, they dont even work, big white van, stupid american a$$holes, they're in Portsmouth UK now so look out

madmanontherun
Unregistered guest
I find it amusing the people who sell this crap actually post on here! dont know if you've noticed the odd praise for this product, defending the sales people and ofcourse actually trying to sell the speakers via this forum!!!

As if being the scum of the earth they are isnt bad enuf they actually come on here defending their actions and saying WE are to blame!!! OK we are stupid enough to fall for their trick and so are to blame, but we shouldnt have to be always on the lookout for vile putrid scum like youselves!!! And that is what you are, people with no consience and an in-human lust for greed, i find it hard to belive you have human values doing this to people and can only assume your father is the essence of all that is evil and your mother is a blind dissabled warthog who sleeps around so much shes got every disease known to mankind and threw you out on the streets to be raised by hobos.

Be very careful because the next victim you hit may know all about you and may want revenge in ways you cant possibly imagine...

If i was a religious man id take pleasure in knowing when you die you will spend eternity in hell...as im not and im just a tad insane...instead...when i see you i will trap you in my own personal hell and keep you their until you rot

Anonymous

Sadly theres nothing any of you can do
1. your never going to find these guys again
2. even if you do..honestly...what are you going to do?
3. what theyre doing, tho immoral, is not illegal

all you can do is nothing, just sit and know that with all the scammers, in all the cities, in all the countries that theyre hitting, eventually theyre going to attempt to sell these speakers to someone who not only knows about the scam, but is unstable enough to give these f**kers exactly what they dserve, you will never hear of it, but trust me, it will happen, its inevitable, so enjoy that feeling

Brightonian
Unregistered guest
Got me in Brighton, I have 2 Ti-1250's. They work pretty well at the moment. I paid £140 for the pair. I hope they don't break... How can these people sleep at night.

Again, the cockney young kid and the fat American driving a white van.

Brightonian
Unregistered guest
Oh, and don't put your Ti-1250 speakers near any television or monitor, the magnets inside mess them up!

Fair warning.

someguy
Unregistered guest
these is the best speakers for the money. if you can buy these, go for it. i've heard many speakers like bose, polk, sony, etc, and these TI-1250's blow them out of the water. so do yourself a favor and get them! there awesome!!

beric shcmitts
Unregistered guest
yo these guys are running this scam in st albans uk my brother got hooked by them, they seem ok speakers as some people are saying but i prefer my tannoy mx3's. be very aware of the money you are handing over, i feel that these speakers are worth around 150-200 uk pounds, the build is ok but they seem to lack the power as stated on the box.... my brothers ones were boxed and were sealed and in the box. not sand or empty cabinates

Username: Meermouse

England

I got duped in cardiff today, all gullible students like me BEWARE, i doubt im the first or last. they just happened to catch me when i was looking for something i cud use as PA....bastads

anyway i did manage to get the liscence plate number, if this is usefull to anyone for whatever reason

LF52 BWG

do wotever u have to do, kick the shite out of them i say, that usefull to anyone?

Anonymous

THEY ARE IN DETROIT, MICHIGAN NOW! WATCH OUT! GOT ME BY HOME DEPOT for TI-5100 for $340. Dark Chevy TrialBlazer Michigan Licence plate# PAD988. Will go to Secretary of State to get them. Piece of sh**!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Number: 3
I only see post of people get hit by them here. We need to do something or make some action on this. We need steps and strategies to get this bastxxx.
some random thoughs:
Who can we report this to?

What type of vehicle does the person uses?

Description of vehicle or person....

Simon303
Unregistered guest
I saw the same Van that Marc mentioned in Cardiff, trying to sell speakers. One bloke was American had a short beard, the other was English, shaved short hair and was wearing a cap. Van was plain white no labels on it.

Anyone who has these things still use them? do they actually work? someone said they are worth £10 is that really true?

Laba-Lo
Unregistered guest
Wai.......Luong Dai,

Sow-Lon-Pai..........

Deeeuuuu-Lai-Lo-Mo-Chow-Hi.....

Mot-Lon-Chot-O-Mow........

Mai-Lon-Sai............

Chee Lon See Laba Lo!!!

Gotcha jerks!
Unregistered guest
These rip-off artists were in the Western Suburbs of Chicago, Illinois today in a turquoise van - when I called them on their scam, they ran like a bunch of rabbits! I called the local police - hope it helps.

metoo
Unregistered guest
Got hit in lansing Michigan same Dark Chevy TrialBlazer Michigan Licence plate# PAD988.
Said they were from livonia. How is it that they all use the same lines? Is there some school they go to. They say they are installers but they have no tools. The fedex package has fliers in it.
Has anyone read the warranty card? you only have 7 days to send it in with a sales reciept, and it dosn't cover sh*t.
I Thought it was a scam but I paid what I thought a cheap system worth the TI-600T seems to work ok but you need a dvd with 5 channel output.
I still think It is B.S.... So how do they pay the sales tax for their stuff? I think that is how to get them. The IRS

Suckers
Unregistered guest
Good GOD! If I knew this many suckers were out there I would have done this sh*t myself! BTW, for you retards that dont think this is illegal, the morons selling this stuff dont make you pay taxes on the stuff which is illegal and Im sure they dont even have a license for this "legit" business. Don't even get me started on the whole "back of an SUV " thing. I guess what they say is true: "a sucker is born every minute"

Anonymous

someguy is one of the scam artists

suckers is an idiot
Unregistered guest
to Suckers - maybe this is illegal in the US but in the UK what theyre doing is very immoral but not illegal
Theyre selling something that belongs to them, on a price u both agree on.
Tax has nothing to do with it otherwise car-boot sales, the Free-ads and ebay would all be illegal!!

Portsmouth_idiot
Unregistered guest
I cant belive this was a scam!! i knew it was too good to be true!!!
I just got the whole kit and kaboodle for £425 and thought I had a bargain!! Got hit in the Southsea area of Portsmouth UK whilst just chillin by the beach
Im a moron

Anonymous

Has noone simply thought of contacted their local newspapers and warning the general public? The media lives off news like this and it would stop alot of people falling for the scam, as well as help them get caught!

JohnnyRock
Unregistered guest
Man, I picked up a set of these speakers and they were worth every penny. The speakers sound so clear, and they don't break up. My friend works in circuit city, and he said that these speakers are better than anything that they carry. These speakers are the real deal!!

john stone esq
Unregistered guest
morg - £130 swansea. who cares

AN05
Unregistered guest
i was with a mate and also got caught in swansea on thursday. paid £300, are the ti-1250 actually any good?

i'm trying to find the contact details of the uk manufacturer.

crazyguys
Unregistered guest
wow....what a night i had with these idiots last night. two guys in a blue ford van hit me up for speakers as i was coming out of the mall. gave me the exact same rap as everyone here....unbeleivable. anyway, yada yada yada...i wind up giving the guy 200 for them. then he says, you should give us another 60 for hooking you up...(supposedly this money was for beer and strippers). so i tell him...hell no, we agreed on 200 and thats it. he kept on about it, so i say no again, and just turn to get in my car. i hear the driver say "what a cheap f***!" so i turn around and said f*** you!! this idiot freaked out...he came running at me and took a swing at me! now, i haven't been in a fight in about 15 years....but i dodged his swing...and i'm thinking to myself i gonna have to kick this guys a$$.....but before i had a chance to do anything, i hear a cop siren. turns out a cop saw the whole thing. anyway, to make a long story short, the cop arrests this speaker guy for trying to assault me! crazy!! then the best part....this guys starts crying like a baby! i just laughed at him! cop searched their van and was questioning the other guy about all the equipment in the van!! that was some sh!t!! now he's getting a different kind of lap dance!!

Kick A$$ System
Unregistered guest
you guys are very stupid for buying speakers on the streets, if you have never heard of the company then you must know that it is a fake...i dont feel sorry for any of you retards..hahahahahaha

Unregistered guest
what is the problem do they work or no, because I just bought a set today for $100.

someguy
Unregistered guest
these is the best speakers for the money. if you can buy these, go for it. i've heard many speakers like bose, polk, sony, etc, and these TI-1250's blow them out of the water. so do yourself a favor and get them! there awesome

AN05
Unregistered guest
yeah whatever, i wouldn't listen to a word he says because he's probably one who sells them.

Anonymous

I bought the TI 6000T 5.1 system for $200 today, with the same sales pitch you guys mentioned. How much you guys think the 6000T Home Theatre System should be worth?

va
Unregistered guest
Well, the worth (or price) is all in the eye of the beholder... The *cost* of the product is probably around $20, if that. Most likely they are made in China for about $5 a piece. Figure another $10-$15 for the cost of transport, overhead, etc.

Also I find it amusing to find a few shills posting here from time to time (such as "someguy" on 6/21).

Kick A$$ System
Unregistered guest
hahaha you guys are all stupids.....

That's tasty bait.
Unregistered guest
<loser of the day. Northwest of chicago.
I almost paid $700 for these craptastic things. I was smart enough to hide a paycheck so I got them under $350. I smelled fish when the guy who rode with me to the currency exchange was the ideal salesman, and the 2 guys in the van were whiny b****es. The suggested retail got me though. I'm going to do my best to make this an urban legend so these people go out of business. In the meantime, these worthless things are going to my sister who should flip when she sees $2400 on the side.

NHgotscammedbutGOTTHEIRLICENCE
Unregistered guest
I Just got hit in new hampshire...

any other new hampshire ppl get his get back to me.

I got a digital picture of the guys drivers licence, so if anyone wants to get together, let me know. Post hear if you think you got hit by the same ppl in new hampshire or southern mass.

HabIchDochGleichGesagt
Unregistered guest
There will always be smart thieves feeding off greedy idiots!

helper
Unregistered guest
someguy is one of the scam artists

helper
Unregistered guest
JohnnyRock is one of the scam artists

relieved
Unregistered guest
Man! I know this wont make any of you feel any better but im so happy i said no to these suckers!!!
They came up to me, did the speil, and i gotta admit i was tempted, but they seemed a bit pushy and on closer inspection (i work with electronics) i realised these things arent even worth the cardboard box they come in

i thought id come online and check out the company and i feel a hell of alot better! you people arent stupid, you just dont understand electronics like i do, theyre speil was designed to get you to buy these pices of crap and hey it worked! theyre good salesmen, its not really your fault
move on
if it helps, they dont get everyone they attack, im proof

relieved
Unregistered guest
oh yea and JohhnyRock :- Either
1. your friend in Circuit city is an idiot and should be sacked
2. your lying and have no friend in circuit city
3. helper is correct and your one of these b as tards that scams people

ScammedInNH,WatchOut!
Unregistered guest
I think I just got scammed in NH. NHgotscammed what is your eMail addy? Can you describe these punks to me?

Houston,Tx. D#%& .A$$
Unregistered guest
Damn...It sounded like such a good deal and the guy seemed pretty honest. Famous last words of a dumbass fool. Thankfully I only paid $190 for the "choice of audio enthusiasts around the world." If only my wife had let me use my amex points to get it at Conns. Wow, was she ever impressed with my newest purchase. I still have to convince her to let me hook the stuff up in the house. Same story...bosses truck, outfitting a night club, beer money, topless bar, magazine listing the stuff for over $1100. I'm a dumbass.
We've all had bigger bar tabs than what we paid for this crap but it doesn't make it right.
Feel like I just walked out of a hold'em tourney with a bunch of sharks.

NHguy
Unregistered guest
NH guy...Dang!! I just got hit in Westford, MA last evening by a couple of hoods in a Nissan Armada for a pair of 1250s and I forked out 500 bucks for them! I wish I'd read this before but it is definitely a lesson on greed for all of us out there. As much as I hate the fu*kers who do this, I can't help feeling that I deserve it for being an idiot. So, long as there are people like us waiting to get conned, as*holes like these will continue to thrive. I haven't even opened the boxes yet, so I guess my project for today is to hook them up and get a listen and I hope to god that it works and has bearable sound at least. That'll make the loss a little less painful...

nh03848
Unregistered guest
I just bought the ti 6000 s and and a ti 250 in NH and I'm not sure if I got scammed or not but I'm about to plug it all in to see how it works.I got the same story as everyone else like strip club and beer money.They were driving a newer denali with 20" rims and lo pro tires and the one guy said he was from houston and the other said he was from londonderry and said they had there bosses vehicle

will hunt down
Unregistered guest
Look out in Michigan.License plate Pad 988. I'll find his tail.

Caledon dude
Unregistered guest
hey guys, I am looking at getting the TI~440 system from what seems to be a ledgit source on ebay. The price seems to be cheaper than what you guys were offered. It sounds like the product is of good quality but a few shmucks bought a bunch of them to sell out of their car in hopes to make some extra dough. if you feel as thought you got ripped off, check out the website at http://www.theater-innovations.com/Products/productlines/hometheater.htm (it will make you feel about what you paid for the system!)

angry michigan
Unregistered guest
TI~1250 4-Way Professional Home Theater Floor Speaker is the model of speakers that my husband was scammed in to. The guy had the nerve to come to my husband in the movie store. They approached my dad in the gas station. These people are hitting everywhere, and people like my husband are suckers! These scammers also drove a white van that was loaded with speakers. Did anyone know this company has a phone number and web site? 203-294-8829

Blinded By Greed
Unregistered guest
Hi guys, First word of WARNING, DONT BUT EM! no matter how cheap.
Yep you guessed, another sorry a*se sucker waiting to tell his tale. Well I'll save you bother of reading the whole story, seing as though you all already know the out come of these circumstances. I bought apair of Ti-1250's for £150 (DONT!!). I thought I was onto a great bargin (YOUR NOT!!). Even if I didn't want them I was sure I could sell them on and make more money? (YOU CAN'T!!). Being as my profession is a sound engineer I feel even more stupid but at the time thought I was clever enough not to get caught and would be able to tell weather or not the Hi Fi speakers and componants to be REAL? Well (I WASN'T) and (THERE NOT!!).I told him I would only be interested if I could test them out so I wired them up and played music through them that I was familiar with. There was something wrong but i failed to notice and had I looked inside the cabs before the tubby American and his young British accomplice conmen left my home I would have noticed the cheap componants and shoddy workmanship and would have floored the deal and the guys with it!. Yes the speakers work but not correctly and they certainly are not made to the specification on the box. My greed got the better of me. Why would someone in their right mind sell you a pair of £2000 speakers for £150 (THEY WOULDN'T). The saying still stands, you buy CHEAP you buy TWICE!!
Final word of WARNING, DONT BUY EM!
Last seen in Cardiff South Wales July 2005

NeverFallingForItAgain
Unregistered guest
Hey Guys, another victum here. Ended up oaying 300 but at least it was split between three of us. New we should have played safe and not gon with it, but if it was a legit deal(ofcourse not!) we woul have missed out. Anywho to those I'v read that say that the companys dealings are completely legal. I think its only legal to a point. The specifications that are listed on the box, such as "Dolby digital, 800 watts", among other things, are false and these sellers know that. These sellers are just like door to door salesmen for a real company, and if they and their company sell products as deceptive as falsifying specifications, thats completely illegal!
Crap but theres nothing i can really do. i can even get all the speakers to work and i noticed a vibration in the base. does anybody know how to get it working? Also i'd like to know what the real specifications are if anyone knows, like how many watts it is. I'v also heard estimates of what its worth from 50 to 200 bucks. Anybody know for sure. ahh im just tryng to make myself feel better. Awell will never falling for anything like that again.

Bronze Member
Username: Monolgoue

Post Number: 71
Most of these van speaker sets sell for $25-50 per set when you buy them by the container load from china. That means they are worth $100-$200 retail and as crappy as they are, if they work, I'm sure they are as good as other $100-$200 5.1 systems. Not that this is a good thing, but you can't expect quality for $200. Bottom line is you paid for junk and it sounds like other junk in that price range. If it works, it can still fill a room with sound, and it's better than a $200 boombox. But that's about it.

slashtheirtires
Unregistered guest
If your anything like my husband and have a hard time believing you were scammed. He paid $300 for a TI-5150 (6 speaker set with a remote)from 2 guys in a 99 black denali yukon in the home depot parking lot in everett ma. oh yeah, 20" rims and the low pros.One guy from londonderry. Same story -warehouse gave them 2 "extra sets" and they didnt want their boss to give them to one of his friends...blah blah blah anyway don't beat yourselves up too much. My husband almost bought 2!

Messedwiththewrongguy
Unregistered guest
Well I just got Scammed for $400
Only thing is I got the d icks address
So for all you people who got scammed here is the guys address in Toronto
1441 Lawrence Ave East
The name of the guy is Duncan Sublett
I went down there and waited but I couldn't get his apartment # and there was 250 apartments in the building.
His Buzzer code is 243
and his phone # thanks to duncanisadeadman I did a reverse phone # search on canada411.com and it came up.
They had the same Maroon van and same lines about the strip clubs.
I hope he reads this because Duncan you have messed with the wrong guy.
I am a golden gloves boxer and I am going to wipe the pavement with your face!!!!!!!
I will get you!!!

Username: Yungcatmeow84

I am a victom who just got conned into buying this bullshe it. I bought 2 for 200 each and gave them some shake. Personally I don't mind the speakers. These basta ards used the same stragety that was spoken earlier in the forums. Yes they said they are from mtl, and picking up there boss, yes they did talk about the price. Mid 20's
I was so happy too get them because I kept one for myself and sold one. Even though I do enjoy the system, If i ever c these fucs ks again i will personally grab my 9mm and rob them fa ucks hell i ll shoot him in the knee caps for fun fluouc king bit chessss!!!!! i feel so degraded and sheit now but i am happy with the speakers. ii just hope these guys get whats coming too them. hopefully i will c him again

Unregistered guest
Got "hit" in Chicago at Fullerton and Clyborne. TI-5150t for $300.

Douglas in a white GMC van. Expired Ohio plates. Beer money and big talk used to confuse me. I smelled scam, but greed and impulse got the better of me.

They are still in the box. If anyone in Chicago wants them on a fair deal. (Say $150 maybe). Drop me an email.

Bronze Member
Username: Monolgoue

Post Number: 76
How is $150 for $50 speakers a fair deal?

notscammed
Unregistered guest
For all the people in Chicago, I was approach at Division and I90/94. In my case the guy use the same MO posted at the site "http://www.scamshield.com/Feature.asp?id=1". He was very convincing and had the stereo system listed in a magazine and they had an active web site. In the end, because I have some knowledge about stereo systems, I knew this one was very cheap. Also, the guy told lie after lie and had yellow teeth, but insisted he was rich. It was all bullsh#$. When I finally had enough, I told him I was not interested, and he got violent with his language. I simply informed him of the impending a?? whipping, and he went away.

Be-aware everybody. This is an elaborate scam, so don't be fooled.

notscammed
Unregistered guest
To the guy who found the web site, "any one can build a web site." No matter what you try and tell yourself, you got "F@#$!#$"!

helper
Unregistered guest
Caledon dudeis one of the scam artists, the idiot even listed the HTML of the website thats DESGINED BY THE COMPANY THAT EMPLOYS THESE SCAMMERS!!! idiot

heads up Belleville Ont
Unregistered guest
well my bf bought one also..only a couple days ago (he figured it was prob not legit) but could sell it to a guy he knew for a lil more than he paid...(which was $200 canadian) wouldn't pay more than that cuz he never knew the quality or ne thing..but they hit Belleville Ontario...beige mine van..two young white guys...
I can't believe that its been going on ALL OVER...i just came on to check if i could find a site that was legit and said what it was worth (the box says SRV $2600)...anyways..going to check out the scam shield...just wanted to give the heads up in this area!

BobbyH
Unregistered guest
Man, I picked up a set of these speakers and they were worth every penny. The speakers sound so clear, and they don't break up. My friend works in circuit city, and he said that these speakers are better than anything that they carry. These speakers are the real deal!!

S-8-10
Unregistered guest
A$$h0l$ are at it again!!!

Im in Toronto Canada'n' have just been husled out of 5 bills for T1600S ,HA HA my own stupid falt.Surves me right though, still doesent make it o.k.it's to late for now. I cant beleave thease guys are everywhere, same senario minivan, extra stock, stripper\beer money
BLA BLA BLA whatever laugh it up..

IT'S O.K. TO FORGIVE BUT NOT FORGET I TRULY FEEL SORRY FOR THE NEXT A$$h0L$ WHO APPROCH ME WITH THE DEAL OF A LIFE TIME. IN EXCHANGE FOR....
"THE BEATING OF A LIFE TIME"...
IT'S A SMALL WORLD IF IT CAN'T BE YOU THEN MAY IT BE SOMEONE JUST LIKE YOU. JUST DOING MY PART..
THER IS NOTHING SWEETER THAN MAKEING YOU SUFFER..

Sorry to everybody involved in this scam BUNCH OF A$$Hol$ EH!! At least it worked for me guess Thanks for the info on using better speaker wires I will deffinitly try that.

P.S.UNTILL WE MEET AGAIN
HE WHO LAUGHS LAST LAUGHS BEST IT ANT OVER YET

Anonymous

I live in Chicago and just got hit by Douglas, who was mentioned above.

He was driving a white van and got me right out in front of where I live on Montrose and Hazel. I paid $660 total for two TI-6200 systems ($330/each). I bought two systems thinking I could pass them on to friends and make a couple of bucks, since I already have a Spherex system that sounds great. Good thing I don't need the money, I'm sorta laughing about it.

Watch out for Douglas in Chicago, short, gray hair for his age, smiling and happy (since he was about to get my cash).

Unregistered guest
People here are being kind of ignorant. Yes the speakers are bought from an importer for around 20 bucks. But unless you are that guy, you can't get them for 20 bucks. Do you know how much your sneakers cost to make? What about your cell phone? You buy a cell phone in BestBuy for 300 bucks, cost 20 bucks to make. Why aren't you mad? I tell you who you should be mad at. Yourself. One person pays 200 for these speakers, another guy pays 600 because he was too weak or doesn't have enough people skills to negotiate a deal with the guy. These speakers work, maybe not as good as Bose, but they work. Plus you get a year warranty with them if they don't work. And if you ask them for a receipt they give it to you. These guys are like used car salesmen. It is not a scam, you are getting a product for a price more then what they were made for. If that is a scam, Wal-Mart, Footlocker, Circuit city, bestbuy etc are all scammers, lets get em!

qualified speakerman opportunity
Unregistered guest
Are you looking to get in to this business in an honest and legitimate way?

We furnish tax identification numbers, seller's permits, solicitation licenses, receipts, warranties, business cards, company shirts and vehicles.

We practice an honest pitch and sell a quality product at a fair price. No hype.

1st month: salary + commission + bonus.

Read our mission statement prior to responding.

Go to:
www.burckhards.com
contact@burckhards.com

Anonymous

I am looking for an owners manuel for the TI440MR. I would be willing to pay for the original or a copy. Please contact me if you can help. Email jhas1972@aol.com

CDMcGee
Unregistered guest
Latest victim here... dropped 350$ on this beast (TI~5150). Curious to see if it actually works now at all. I googled out of curiosity and saw this forum and now do I feel dumb. These guys are good though. I got duped in Mystic, CT on the way to work. That's what I get for showing up early, otherwise I would have blown them off since I wouldn't have had time. It was a plain white econo-van. Saw his liscense (probably fake) and his name was John O'Connor from Connecticut. Big guy with a goatee, hoarse voice, acted like he was in a hurry.
I got duped, plain and simple. I'll do my best to spread the word about these losers. Best of luck.

stanley kam
Unregistered guest
yeah I got chump by these guys too on the TI 6000T for 300 that doesn't work though, but i can only blame myself. I got conned in Brighton Mass, they were driving a black dodge durango with a texas licence plate.which pisses me off because im from texas. otherwise i dont feel that bad now that i know im not the only one.

Anonymous

MY Buddy got nailed for $1,000 the stupid F U C K,and tried to scam me 6 months for $500 gibs.He never got around to hook them up so he told me.Same story extra stock,he was over the moon for 3 days after he bought them,I couldnt shut him up.Now I'm sitting next to him laughing my a s s off.He got hit in Nashua,New hampshire,Pheasant lane mall.Thank you for this website.Sorry to all u suckers that got boned.

NoWonder
Unregistered guest
hey check it out. the sale is a scam not the speakers. i ve bought 5 pr over the last ten years from these guys lol learn how to work your s h i t .no wonder u all pay so much. your idiots... i have a pink bridge to sell 1,000 + beer cash lol lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us