How do you run dual subwoofers?

Allegan
Unregistered guest
Hey gang, probably a dumb question, but I searched and couldn't find an answer, so please enlighten me :-) I'm renting a home this winter with a large (30x40) center room that will house the entertainment center.... Right now we're using my old Kenwood VR9070 (Not exactly the cat's meow I know, but it was great for my old apartment;) ) to run a 7.1 setup with Athena WS and AS speakers which is working OK... But the sub gets a bit "flat" or "thin" towards the far/rear sides of the room.... I've tinkered with a million different sub-placements, but I think it's just a bit too much space for the old Athena P6000 to fill unless I want to use my sub as a coffee table (though it would make a fascinating ottomon!).

That said, how do you run a dual subwoofer set-up? Would I just throw a coax-splitter into the sub out on the reciever? Is that going to "waste" too much of the reciever's resources? Should I consider a pre-amp, new reciever, or just worry about rent for a while? :P :-)

Thanks for any info forthcoming, and sorry if the dual-sub has been discussed a billion times already :S :-) Cheers.

Username: Sacking

Post Number: 1
hello every one.please help me with this:connected a powered sub to my new plasma via the tv sub output.whenever i turned off the tv,i can here a rumbling moise (thudding) from the sub.the sub only has line level input.is it normal? help is needed,please.regard.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4496
That is a big room for such a small sub. I found that the Athena subs are the weak link in their otherwise excellent speaker line-up. You may want to look at another sub like SVS or HSU and sell the Athena sub.

Username: Matttt

Coffeen, IL USA

Hey can anyone answer this one??? I got the same question. I got Two subs and want both on my reciever that only has one sub out... Whats the best way to hook this up. I hooked my sunfire to the sub output and piggy backed the velodyne. But I would not advise this since my velodyne is no longer working. SO once it gets fixed I want to safely hook it back into my system. Any ideas on what to do. Someone answer Allegan or my question please.

Username: Oufly2

I'm new here and also looking to hook up two subs to my reciever. I don't see any reason why you could not run a Y connection out of the reciever sub output to both subs, am I wrong? Any one have an answer to the two sub question?
Thanks

Username: Mgood

Memphis, Tennesee US.

I belive that a powered sub is kind of like a car system. you should be able to safly split the RCA cable with a y spliter. the reciever should only have to send a small signal to the sub for it to work. at least this is true for car systems. I too am going to run two subs one 1 12 and one 8in off of my hk635 you should be safe

Username: Malo83

SoCal

Post Number: 3
A good 'Y' splitter will work fine when hooking up tandem Subs.
SVS subs will Rock your World...
John
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us