Trying to hook up the PC sound card with my apmlifier

Username: Aldoseven

Brooklyn, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1
Hello
Just got my new home theater setup and the only problem i am having is getting a sound from my PC with Media Center in it. I tried hooking up the RCA cable to my amplifier but i get no sound at all. Tried it with my tv but nothing. i dont want to spend another $200 on a card but if thats the case i will. I dont know what im doing wrong. Regular pc speakers work fine. please help

Bronze Member
Username: Arrow224

Post Number: 80
so you have a 1/8" stereo jack (from the line out) to 2x RCA (line in) on amp. And it doesn't work. That is odd.

Have you tried another cable? Another device on the 1/8" end? How about another amp? Have you selected the correct channel on your amp, to tell it to get audio from the plug you put it in?

Username: Aldoseven

Brooklyn, Ny Usa

Post Number: 2
Well, thanks for your reply.Actually i end up buying the new X-FI Creative sound card $200. Nice piece but too much $$. i finally got it to work with analog output only anddd i used the same cable 1/8 to RCA. Go figure. I am not able to get digital sound eventhough i set it up to digital through the software from pc. i tried digital optical cable from the new sound card to the amp but no success. The plasma has only 1 dig optical connection and that is connected to the amp. the only connections left open from the amp are MD-DVD-CD. but none works with the pc. It sucks. any idea on how to correct that one? I checked if any conflict in the pc but evth looks fine. Have no idea what to do at this point. thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us