I need help hooking up my surround sound system.

Unregistered guest
Dishnetwork receiver(not in the same room as TV)
Toshiba rear-projection HDTV
VCR
Surround sound receiver/DVD player

I can only hear surround sound when playing DVDs and would like to hear it with the dish channels and VCR as well.

Bronze Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 41
Okay I'll bite.

How many speakers do you have?

Unregistered guest
ok you guys I have a HT system on my PC I connected everythig just fine but I only got sound on two of my seven speakers (righ n left front ones)Im using a 7*1 creative speakers system with a 5*1 soundcard but I also setup already all the way I gess it had to it
can you guys please help meeeeee????????????
pleaseeeeeeeee

Unregistered guest
ok you guys I have a HT system on my PC I connected everythig just fine but I only got sound on two of my seven speakers (righ n left front ones)Im using a 7*1 creative speakers system with a 5*1 soundcard but I also setup already all the way I gess it had to it
can you guys please help meeeeee????????????
pleaseeeeeeeee

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 545
1) Check the sound setup in Windows and switch to digital output

2) Open your own thread next time to ask a question

Username: All_wired_up

Post Number: 3
annieojens,

How is your dish box connected to your surround sound? You need a digital connection (coax or optical).

Unregistered guest
i have a venturer dvd, a pioneer amp and a toshiba tv, two tower pioneer speakers, and two speakers from a different stereo, and two tweaters, i can get them to play through my dvd but not through the amp is there any help anyone can give me, it would be appreciated, spent the last 3 hours tryin.....

Anonymous

I can't get my surround sound to work with my TV it works through my DVD and when we hook the Xbox up but not the TV. I have a Direct TV satelite, Toshiba TV, Magnavox DVD/VHS player and a Kawasaki Surround sound system. Way to many wires. Any suggestions?

Username: Sagarlanegirl

Ameliasburg, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
Have a Sony Wega 42" television would like to hook up a 800 watt, dvd home theater surround sound system Model SC-HT730/HT733/ the theater system has 2 rear, 2 side, 1 front speaker, a sub woffer and a dvd, cd, combination unit. Sure would appreciate anyone out there that could help me with this..Thanks in advance, Sagarlanegirl

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4917
Have you consulted the manual first? This should be your starting point as it will give you an idea of how things should be set up.

Bronze Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 49
SAgarlanegirl: You have a Panasonic SC-H730 home theater in a box set up.You have two speakers on stands for the front left and right. The rear speakers go up on a book shelf or wall in the rear facing forward or on the sides of the couch facing each other about six feet off the floor.the center channel sits on top of the TV.All speakers hook up to the subwoofer which hooks up to the reciever. The cable box audio out hooks up to the TV input on the reciever. If you don't have a cable box use the audio outs on the TV to hook up to the reciever. Read the manual thats how I know yor system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us