Center Channel Placement - Space Issues

frank1203
Unregistered guest
Hi - I could really use your opinions on an issue that I am having which is actually holding up purchase and installation of my home theater system.

I am forced to place the equipment in my family room on a wall that is 14 wide with a fireplace in the middle of it. I have had several installers out to the house and they told me that the only logical place to put the TV (plasma) would be above the fireplace mantel. I'm not crazy about that idea, but I only have about 4-5 ft. on either side of the fireplace which is definitely not enough space for a TV, let alone floor standing speakers and components.. The problem now is where to install the center channel.. I am looking at the Paradigm series and they recommend the CC470 or CC570 center speaker as a tonal match. Unfortunately, there is not enough space under the TV or really above the TV, for this speaker to be located without moving the plasma up to a few inches from the ceiling. Hence the problem.. As an alternative, The dealer also recommended a Paradigm Speaker that is coming out in the first quarter of 2006 which is recessed into the ceiling and has a rotating tweeter. I called Pardigm and they know of no such speaker.

Based on this set up, does anyone have any idea as to where I could locate the Center Channel speaker without compromising on the beauty of the room. This is the last hurdle I need to jump through and then I can go forth and buy! Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 27
I hate to say it but you may have to compromise your sound system and get a system that has a smaller footprint. I have seen several mfg's starting to make solutions for flat screen technology that address your problem.

It won't be as good as you want but you may be surprised at the sound quality of these smaller solutions.

A simple net search should shed some light on your dilema.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us