New Home, New project?

Username: Willeebee

USA

Post Number: 1
Hello, Brandy new here, so I'll through out my question in hopes for some sound advice. I have just purchased my first home, and obviously since I'm here, I'm an audio video freak. I have a dilemma wherein I have 3 floors, and different systems on each. I need to consolidate them so that i can hear all my audio options (Some video, depending on the room) without spending a fortune. I'm sure there is a way to do this with the incredible tech boom in this area. Here's a quick rundown of what I need. I have the PC on the 3rd floor, a direcTV reciever on the main floor in the bedroom & a second DirecTV reciever in the basement where the Home Theatre resides. I need to put something together that will allow me to hear my On demand streaming audio from my PC (Or mp3's), & my XM satellite radio & TV broadcasts (Which now both come from my DirecTV Receivers) in every room. My nitpick is with the sound quality. I would love a system consisting of two small speakers and a sub for each room if possible, but i don't know of any such system for this app or if I can do that with what I have to work with. I would love to add a flat screen in the Living room on the main floor with surround in the future, but right now, just want audio. If anyone has any suggestions on how to tackle this, i would love to hear it. Please let me know.
Thanks, WB

Bronze Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 21
The Denon 5805 should do the trick and more.

USA

Post Number: 2
LoL....I mentioned not wanting to spend a fortune.....But wow...that is impressive. Maybe in another lifetime.

JohnQ
Unregistered guest
You could go with a Russound System. This will integrate all your audio and video. The prices are definately cheaper than the Denon. Visit this website, they should be able to help you out. www.digitalhsolutions.com

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 480
Bill how are you going to wire all these things together in a centralizes system? It sounds good, but in reality even if you were to get a 5805, you can't possibly run 50 feet of component cable up to one room from receiver etc.

Besides what about remote control?

USA

Post Number: 3
Stof,

The weird thing is the direcTV receivers come with 2 Audio/Video outputs on each box. The receiver in the bedroom is only a walls width away from where I would mount the flat screen in the living room. So only short cables will suffice. My real concerns are how to integrate the PC music with everything else. I assuming I might need a wireless router from the PC to transmit a signal to a central amp such as my Sony D50 which I can then simply run some speaker cabling. Remote control is not really a concern of mine however i have seen systems that will allow a remote to communicate from room to room with Repeaters. My house is fairly small too so running downstairs to change something is no big deal, I'm only concerned about being able to hear music wherever i am in the house clearly.

WB
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us