5.1 setup question

Username: Ike2010

Post Number: 1
Hello. My 12 year old Denon AVR is outdated, and I am in the market for a new receiver. I have purchased a 5.1 surround sound Polk Audio speaker system. My new house was pre-wired for surround sound. I have four wall plates for the surround speakers and a subwoofer jack (RCA type) on the back wall. All of the speaker wires end at the built-in cabinet where my receiver will be located. Here is my question:

If I plug in a subwoofer into the subwoofer jack on the back of the receiver, does the unit automatically recognize this and send all of the low frequencies to the subwoofer? The subwoofer has speaker jacks on the back, but these will not be used because all of the wires go to the cabinet and will be plugged into the main receiver. I don't want the lows to go to the satellite speakers though. Thanks in advance for any input.

Bronze Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 19
Your new receiver should allow you to send all the low frequency signals to the sub only with its base manangement capabilities. Your manual should describe the process in detail.

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 481
Depending on your receiver and it's programming capabilities, yes you can tell it where to crossover.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us