Receiver Troubles

Scuba_07
Unregistered guest
We have suround sound and im currently using Dodbly Digital. I have heard DTS provides better sound quality. I tried to play my DVD's with DTS and I didnt get any sound. Do I need to hook up anything diffrent if I want to use DTS? I have a Sherwood RD-6108 Receiver, and it needs to somehow also go through a DVD player and a cabel box to get the the tv. I could really use some help because if you havent figured it out yet I dont really know what im doing!
Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 163
Check your DVD player and its settings.

If your DVD player supports DTS output, then you have to turn it on in the player settings. When it's set on and the DVD player is hooked to the receiver using only a digital connection (SP-DIF coax or TOSLink optical), it should work.

Some DVD players have a DTS option that's set to OFF by default while others will output DTS when the digtal output is set to STREAM, RAW, or the like.

Of course, DTS is available only on DVDs that are labeled as having a DTS track.

Also, unless the player itself has a built-in DTS decoder, there will not be any sound from the analogue feed of the DVD player when playing the DTS track. - Reinhart
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us