New TV. Now what do I have to do to control the volume through my tv while using the reciever's power?

Unregistered guest
So I just got a TH-50PX50U. With my old tv, I could use the receiver to power the speakers but I was able to control the volume through the tv. In other words, I would set the receiver's volume and it would remain at -30 or something like that, but I could use the tv's volume system to turn the volume up or down. I hope that made sense. I have made all the same connections and I believe that the only difference is the tv. Any ideas?

Unregistered guest
Your TV might have a volume setting for fixed/variable. You would want variable.

Unregistered guest
Your TV might have a volume setting for fixed/variable. You would want variable.

Unregistered guest
It does, but when I change it to the variable, it requires the tv speaker to be in use and then it only changes the volume of the tv's speaker and not the other speakers. Any other ideas?

Unregistered guest
Why not just turn up the volume on the receiver? If you are using a universal remote, program it to adjust the volume using the receiver.

If you have cable/satellite, most remotes that come with your cable/satellite set top box have the ability to control the receiver with the volume and mute keys.

In order to do this the way you're proposing, you'd need to connect your TV's audio out to one of your reciever's inputs, and I'm not sure why you'd want to do that, unless you have cable hooked up directly to your TV (i.e., not going through a set top box or VCR).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us