How will i do this...?

Silver Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 130
ok i have a Panasonic stereo, a bit older kind, the ones they made with the 51 disc changer. and my tv is a bit older aswell, its the kind that has the wood around them and sit on the floor, its an RCA. i am using a VCR, which is Philips, i am not useing a DVD player because i have the Xbox for that. I want to hook up the stereo to the tv but im not seeing how im going to do this. i have the RCA wires. but i dont see any place for the wires on the back of the tv. theres only the in for the single wire that comes from the VCR. the wires that screws on. i have a DVD player but its only hooked up to my TV once in a while, the whole family uses it. it is panasonic. is my tv too old to hook up my stereo to it? or can i do it through the VCR or DVD player?

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 131
any one have any ideas?

Bronze Member
Username: Cuylar

MN USA

Post Number: 68
Well you can use your VCR for the tv input and have the audio out go to the reciever from that.

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 513
The audio line outputs on the VCR will work, but remember that the output is not active unless the VCR's power is on.

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 132
i tried it, it didnt work.

Unregistered guest
Coax cable from the wall (or cable/satellite box) into your VCR's coax in.
Coax cable from your VCR's coax out to your TV's coax in.
RCA audio cables (left/right) from your VCR's audio out into one of your receiver's inputs.

You tried that, and it didn't work?

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 133
whats the reciever? and im not useing cable or satellite, just xbox. there is 1 audio and 1 video in the front, i have the xbox RCA cables here, and in the back there is 2 audio and 2 video (2 yellow 2 white) front is 1 white 1 yellow. the stereo is 1 red and 1 white.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1890
Are you setting the stereo to AUX?

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 134
yes.

tvcasualty
Unregistered guest
corey - your tv is too old... j/k. run the cord from your tv to your VCR (as you put it, the one that screws on). then, connect your rca cables from your audio out on the back of the vcr into the audio jacks in the back of your stereo. if you have more than one input, you can run the xbox into the vcr, and the sound from that will now go through the stereo. just make sure you have your stereo switched to aux (or equivalent mode), and that your vcr is on the input channel as well. hope this helps

tvcasualty
Unregistered guest
sorry, just read over your info again... you have a problem. the red and white on the back of the stereo is the left and right speaker port. if your vcr has yellow and white, those are only video and mono audio. so you can still hook it up, but the sound is gonna be piss-poor. if you still want to try... hook the video (yellow) from the xbox cable to the yellow input on the back of the vcr. then run the coax cable (the screw-on one) from the vcr to the tv. lastly, run the white cord from the xbox cable to the white input on the back of your stereo. if you set the stereo to aux, it should play the sound from your xbox. hope this helps a little more, but again, i wouldn't bother. you're only going to get either the right or left sound. even if you buy a two way splitter for the mono channel, you're still just splitting one side of the sound so it will run on all of your speakers...

Bronze Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 17
It sounds like you have the perfect excuse to upgrade your TV and sound system to me.

What are you waiting for?

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 135
oh damn, my bad i have just found that i was hooking the rca wires into the surround sound speaker outs. the rca outs were not visible from where i was looking from. i was looking every thing over on the back of the stereo to see if it was all good, and i seen that the outs i was using were suround sound outs, then i seen the RCA outs and plugged in my RCA wires into the rca outs and i have sound. it sounds good and works good. you guys were right all along. my bad. thanks for trying to help. now i have a new question... i want to hook up surround sound but i dont have the rca ends to put on my speakers wire. i have speakers and wire, but where the wires hook into are like rca wire ins. what can i do? i cuz apart a different rca wire but i dont see how to hook a speaker up to that, and in my main speakers i have the right ends, i dont know where to get any more.

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 136
any opinions or ideas i could use?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us