which receiver and/or amp do i need for
front - bose 201
surround- bose 161
sub - polk psw303

please replyy!

Username: Gecko10

New Mexico

Post Number: 4
Any decent quality 5.1-7.1 AV Receiver with around 100W per channel, or even less, 8 ohm speaker impedance (standard), and a subwoofer pre-out should be fine.

Almost all receivers, today, have these features.

What are you going to use for a center speaker?

daniel white
Unregistered guest
well my plasma states thats its speakers can be used as center channel (sony ke-mx37a1).

you say 100 watts per channel but the 201s are stated to be 120 watts. so dont i need a 120 watt receiver?

and will a 6 ohm receiver do because i have thought of onkyo tx-sr503.

if not can u suggest a suitable receiver?

AZRDTRF
Unregistered guest
Had to post this as "Anonymous" as I attempted to change my user profile and now can't reactive my account.

The Onkyo TX-SR503 has a speaker impedance of 6 ohms OR HIGHER (pg 16 of the manual). So it should work with 8 ohm speakers.

You do not need any more power (watts) than your speakers are rated for, so anything 120W or less will work. As I read the Onkyo's manual (which is easily downloaded from their web site) the North American version of the 503 is rated at 75W per channel which is more than adequate unless you want to blow out your windows, in which case you will need better and more powerful speakers.

Barry

daniel white
Unregistered guest
okay thank you.
so its onkyo tx-sr503
front-bose 201
surround-bose 161
sub-polk psw303
n centre - speakers of plasma

thank you

Biggin
Unregistered guest
I have purchased a Yamaha RX-V1500 and I am so confused with everything it can do and options it has I need help. I am looking for a web site that is basically a walkthrough and help me get the most from it.

Bronze Member
Username: Paul98

Post Number: 78
Have you bought those bose speakers yet? if not look at other stuff. But I would strongly suggest the panasonic XR55, as it's only 230 shipped from amazon.com. Or maybe check refurbished harman kardon 135, or 130.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us