Archive through October 17, 2005

Username: Radone

Sydney, NSW Australia

Post Number: 4
And Rienhart, you sound like a know-it-all tool. We all know you can get better systems out there but that's not what we're talking about. Use another thread to hear yourself speak.

Username: Notsobright

Pennsylvania U.S.A

Post Number: 9
SO WHO MAKES DURABRAND???????

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
Mr. Conrad, I "know-it-all" because I really do know this stuff.

The only reason for you to try and insult me is because you either don't know the stuff that's been discussed or you yourself are a tool to the scam.

There are better systems out there, and that's the point. You can get a better system and not be raped in price, quality, and service by buying from a reputable hi-fi dealer.

White van speakers are being sold under the false pretense that they are worth the overinflated prices as suggested by bogus catalogues and literature and that the items sold were "extra inventory" that was "accidentally" provided to the installers who were supposed to install them in some place that would use them professionally.

In other words, blatant lies and high pressure sales tactics are used to push the product for the sale in such a way that it would make a used car salesman blush.

I am providing information to those interested in protecting themselves from such a scheme so they won't fall victim to it. That's the point! - Reinhart

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
Mr. T.

"Durabrand" is an electronics brand that is owned by Wal-Mart. Another Wal-Mart brand is "iLo." - Reinhart

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"THANX FOR CLEARIN THAT UP RIENHART. WE ALL THANK YOU VERY MUCH,BUT I`LL TELL YOU WHAT I DID.I HAD MY SYSTEM HOOKED UP THROUGH THE 5.1,AND I WILL AD THAT IT SOUNDED VERY NICE. THEN MY CD PLAYER HAD THE LEFT CHAN. HOOKED UP TO THE FRONT AND REAR LEFT SPEAKERS,AND THEN THE SAME THING ON THE RIGHT CHANNEL WITH QUICK CONNECT ON THE WIRES NEAR THE CD PLAYER SO WHEN I WAS DONE WITH THE CD PLAYER I WOULD DISCONECT THE WIRES TO MAKE SURE NO ONE COULD TURN ON BOTH AT THE SAME TIME. NOT A BAD IDEA HU RIENHART?"

In other words, you ran the stereo feed to all speakers by splitting each of the channels into two and connected using the 5.1 analogue inputs at FRONT LEFT, FRONT RIGHT, SURROUND LEFT, and SURROUND RIGHT.

Either that, or you connected to those same inputs on the receiver by using both L and R output jacks, if you CD player had two pairs of outputs instead of one.

That's nothing new. If anything, it may have been unnecessary. A better way to do it is to use one of the surround modes on your receiver to achieve the same thing without splitting the stereo feed from the CD player.

As for me, if I'm dealing with a two channel source connected using the analogue outputs, I want to listen to it from two speakers using the ANALOGUE DIRECT mode on my receiver. - Reinhart

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
Forgot to add something else.

Making four channel surround out of a standard stereo source may also be achieved on a receiver by using both A and B front speaker outputs of the amplifier. - Reinhart

Sydney, NSW Australia

Post Number: 7
Please see my previous post. You proved me right. Anyway, I was at a Walmart and saw the scam for what it was. But you still have to wonder what angle anyone is coming from. I just bought some new speakers from a not so well know company and had to be sceptical especially after know about the white van specials exploiting the greedy. I know car and home audio very well and have an electrical and electronic engineering background, both technical and sales, working on UPS, rectifiers, inverters, and large power stations so I understand it from both a sales and technical point of view. The forum discussion is the 'Digital Research Scam' not that there is better equipment out there which is alway going to be the caseeven with better equipment. Reinhart, there is a saying: "would you rather be right or happy?" meaning would you rather prove yourself right and be miserable being right or would you rather be happy and let others go about their lives thinking they are right and letting them go about their life. It's a choice. You sound like you would rather be right and argue the obvious out. Peace be with you, my brutha.

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"Please see my previous post. You proved me right."

What, that I'm knowledgable? If so, I'm guilty as charged.

It's better than being an idiot.

"I know car and home audio very well and have an electrical and electronic engineering background, both technical and sales, working on UPS, rectifiers, inverters, and large power stations so I understand it from both a sales and technical point of view."

Then you should also understand why white van speakers are not what the salespeople claim them to be.

"The forum discussion is the 'Digital Research Scam' not that there is better equipment out there which is alway going to be the caseeven with better equipment."

The scam is that people are lead to purchase a piece that was advertised as expensive and superior when they are neither. The point is that the stuff you buy from a hi-fi store will provide simply almost everything that the white van merchandise will not.

"Digital Research" is but one of many white van brands that contribute to this scam.

"Reinhart, there is a saying: 'would you rather be right or happy?'"

I'd rather be right. Because it's bad being happy about something that is WRONG.

"meaning would you rather prove yourself right"

I'm not proving anything to myself.

The reason why I went to such lengths to make my case is because I made claims. When you make claims, you are supposed to back your claims up with facts to validate them.

This is what's called "making a convincing argument." That goes further than trying to throw a smokescreen with such a pointless philosophy. - Reinhart

Sydney, NSW Australia

Post Number: 8
You've got alot to learn, my friend. A bit defensive, Mr. Reinhart? Perhaps you got took yourself. So how did they get you and how much did you fork out? Did they r much you know about speakers? Or was it the thrill of buying possibly stolen goods that made you feel alive again? Perhaps it the very convincing magazine article. Did you tell everybody about how great they were and how you negotiated such a low price? Do you still have them? I'd love to hear your story.

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"You've got alot to learn, my friend. A bit defensive, Mr. Reinhart? Perhaps you got took yourself. So how did they get you and how much did you fork out?"

You do know what they say about assuming, do you?

I will say it again:
I have NEVER purchased white van speakers.

Again now:

One more time to make it sink:

What the heck is it with you guys? I voice my opinions and findings on the matter and you all assume that I was suckered?

As I've said before, I have an avid interest in hi-fi, which means also being familiar with the crap as well as the kind of stuff that's actually worth plunking down a couple of grand for.

Part of my hobby also involves repair, and I have repaired loudspeakers, in addition to other A/V components, before.

I've seen these things firsthand in a repair shop, as opposed to being shown by a sales chump in the back of a Chevy Astro (or, in your case being from Australia, a Ford Transit), and they were C.R.A.P. I've heard repair technicians in the shop commenting about them being C.R.A.P. Learning where those crappy speakers came from lead me to research more about it and that's how I've come to know about the scam without being a victim.

Besides, I guess I'm one of the few guys around that has a level of common sense, including knowing when something is too good to be true, much less buying something in a manner that raises more red flags than the Soviet Union during the cold war.

Besides, I would not buy goods from the back of the van for the very reason you think I'd get a thrill if I didn't know about the scam to begin with: the possibility that the goods were stolen. I'm afraid I have a greater sense of ethics than you think I do.

In addition, I buy only if I can audition first. I can't audition and test equipment from a van, nor would I buy anyways, since:

1. Possibility of a ripoff in the event that I am not satisified with the speakers after the sale. Having a van means being mobile, so you can cover your tracks to keep dissatisfied customers from looking for you by providing bad contact info and false business addresses.

2. Can't test the speaker sound out in the field since it won't be the same as the listening environment that the speakers would ultimately go to. This means I'd have to buy the speakers to audition them at home. Re-read reason no. 1.

3. Before I buy, I always research about prospective products using a variety of means, including the internet. Since the white van speakers are scams and that people post on forums, like this one, about them, I would be shown links to websites that have information that would lead me to shoot the deal down.

4. The speakers would never pass some of my tests on the field. One test is to whap the side of the speaker. If the thing sounds hollow and/or emits rattling noises or the like, I will not buy them as those are indications of a badly designed loudspeaker. Good enclosure design is one of many important attributes for a good loudspeaker, and that's one attribute that a lot of people do not realize or understand. It's also one aspect that the white van speakers typically lack.

I've not told you a story because, quite frankly, I don't have one to tell. I've not been had by this. And, because of what I know and because of my values, I never will.

If someone were to come up to me and ask if I'm interested in some speakers, I'll just drive away without paying any attention to that person. - Reinhart

Sydney, NSW Australia

Post Number: 9
Like putty. Thanks for the good time, I'll catch you later.

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
YO GREG RIENHART SURE IS GOOD FOR A LAUGH HU?
YA HE REALY CRACKS ME AND MY FRIENDS UP IT`S FOR SURE A GOOD TIME. I ALWAYS WANTED TO GO WORK AUSTRALIA HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF SPEAKERMEN DOWN UNDER?
GET BACK TO ME..STFO!!

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"Like putty. Thanks for the good time, I'll catch you later."

Believe what you want to.

That doesn't change the truth. - Reinhart

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
For everyone and anyone researching speakers need to read, particularly pay attention to mistake no. 8:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/products/articles/109262.html

Other points worth reading:

http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/buyingguides/loudspeakers/index.php
(Pay attention to point 3 in the "top ten mistakes")

http://www.scamshield.com/Feature.asp?id=1

http://www.mastersonaudio.com/audio/20030801.htm

http://www.mastersonaudio.com/audio/20030901.htm

http://www.avguide.com/newsletter/Mar_27/whatyoushouldknow_loud.jsp

http://www.silcom.com/%7Ealudwig/Loudspeaker_construction.html

http://www.decware.com/paper13.htm

- Reinhart

Sydney, NSW Australia

Post Number: 10
Yeah, he is good entertainment and doesn't even know it. It's seems he really likes having the last word and proving to us that he is right. I don't think the guy slept last night because he was responding to this thread. I'm on a 14 hour time difference in Australia so it was daytime here. Can't wait to see what he has to say next to get his last word in.

Bronze Member

Sydney, NSW Australia

Post Number: 11
Hey SpeakerGuy, I think 'white van' speakers would do well here in Australia. Everything is much more expensive here than the USA so buyers would be getting a bargain. A good set of speakers go for 1.5 x the amount you would pay in America. I heard they were being sold in New Zealand but don't know if they are in Oz (Australia) yet. Come on over and check it out yourself. It's beautiful over here. Now snow during winter and the people are really cool and laid back. Not all uptight like some people we know.

Bronze Member

Sydney, NSW Australia

Post Number: 12
Hey Reiny, thanks for the links. I have been a regular visitor to Audioholics and some of the other ones.

doyeler99
Unregistered guest
Windsor Ont, My buddy just got had!! paid $1000 bucks for two DR1620s, buddies a good guy who fell for the exact same story the rest did. "You'll have to buy me a beer", " We have to sell these or we're going to lose them..." "Look at the price in the mag." This shits hilarious! Said these guys stopped him at the University convienence in a black minivan, deal sounded great, the price was awesome, and so on!!lol. We haven't hooked them up yet, hoping they work somewhat! I won't speak bad of DR yet, got to get proof before i start trashtalkin eh. Hope they work .OUT.

Bronze Member

Sydney, NSW Australia

Post Number: 13
$1,000!!! Wow, that speakerman could've stayed home for a couple of days on that sale. I hope your friend actually likes the speakers. If not, he's gonna be PISSED! Did he give him any beer money? Man, I gotta get into this gig. As long as there are guys out there thinking they are getting a super deal by someones apparent mistake, the speakerman will be in business. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"$1,000!!! Wow, that speakerman could've stayed home for a couple of days on that sale. I hope your friend actually likes the speakers. If not, he's gonna be PISSED! Did he give him any beer money? Man, I gotta get into this gig."

An example of a person less interested in serving customers and more interested in just getting money off of them.

Would you do business with someone like this?

And, as for being a regular reader of Audioholics, you would also have to be aware of the staff's stance on white van ripoffs, which is the same as my stance. - Reinhart

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
I HAVE MORE DOUBLE AND SINGLE GRANDS$$$ THEN I CAN COUNT ON BOTH HANDS ITS NO BIG WOOP JUST RENT PAID IN ONE SALE ALWAYS NICE TO MAKE 900$$$ PROFIT IN ONE SALE!!

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
And it's all at the expense of the people you bilked by giving them a product that's all show and no go, no doubt about that.

Like asked others who may read this before: would you do business with anyone who thinks like that? - Reinhart

Bronze Member

Sydney, NSW Australia

Post Number: 14
Reiny, you just gotta have the last word don't you? I bet your 'Life Partner' loves that. Yeah, I do read Audioholics but I don't read every single article, mate. Great for researching new equipment. I'm not a superbig audiophile like you but I enjoy what they have to say. I especially liked the 'speaker cable face off 1 and 2' very interesting considering there are people out there spending huge amounts of $$$ on uni-directional speaker cable. Riddle me this: Are they any better than guys that sell speakers out of the back of a white van? Think about it.

Anyway, BACK TO THE THREAD SUBJECT. If you look at the 'white van speakers scam' for what it is, you have the buyers thinking they are getting a superhot deal at someone else's loss or expense due to a "overstocking error", buying from guys who happen to understand that part of human nature and take advantage of it with glossy brochures and magazines. Try explaining those facts to the Police.

Buyer: "Well officer, I thought I was getting a superhot deal from this guy who said they overstocked his truck and would sell them to me to make a bit for himself and asked for beer money. But it turns out that the speakers were only worth what I paid for them"

Police Officer: "so you bought potentially stolen goods for what they were worth? Hmmm, so who do you want me to arrest?" Misrepresentation at best.

It works both ways; It's not just the question of would you do business with anyone who thinks like that, but are you the type of person to buy goods knowing it is at someone else's loss as they do? Who's the real bad guy?

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
RIENHART YES SOME PEOPLE WOULD RATHER DO BUSINESS WITH ME BECAUSE SO MANY DISAGREE WITH YOU THAT THEATER RESEARCH IS AS BAD AS YOU MAKE IT OUT TO BE. SO FOR THE PEOPLE THAT LIKE MY SYSTEMS FOR WHAT THEY ARE AND THE PRICE THEY GO FOR THEY COME BACK TO ME FOR ALL THERE AUDIO NEEDS.THESE ARE PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT THE PRODUCT IS AND STILL THEY LET THERE EARS BE THE JUDGE. NOT LETING PEOPLE ON AN INTERNET CHATLINE MAKE UP THERE MIND FOR THEM.COOL PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT DUMBASSSSSES .

Bronze Member

Sydney, NSW Australia

Post Number: 16
True, And it's funny to see people, that after stating in here that the speakers are a scam, still go on to say that they like them. So where's the scam? Believe it or not, $3,000 speakers are not made for everyone. Some people don't know or care about the difference when it affects their wallet. Where there's a demand, there will be a product and where there's a product, there will be a supplier. In this case it just happens to be guys in white vans. Just the nature of the beast. Shares, speaker cables, bling bling watches or speakers, it's all part of the machine.

Username: Cool_bill

Newark, DE

Post Number: 1
Hey I just bought these speakers this weekend. Why are they a scam? they sound pretty good for the price. Hell i just wanted to see how much they are really worth. I didnt think they were really worth all that much anyway. SPKR.GUY and Greg are right about how some people like them so it don't matter what anyone else says as long as I like them. I got a little pioneer receiver and dvd hooded to em and they sound pretty good. I was at home depot and these guys say hey you like quality speakers,,,well you know the rest. pretty good deal considering I only paid 250 bucks for them. at best buys they would cost twice as much and youd only get two speakers and I got five. There just speakers and Ive always wanted a home theater system in my family room. I didnt buy that they were worth $2000 and I didnt buy them because I believed they really loaded up to many in the van, i liked the way they looked, the guys were cool and I had $250 on me. Its the guys that think they are getting a real steal and actually think they are buying them illegally that should be ashamed and then trash them on this webpage saying they got ripped off. and whats going on with that reinhart guy? he sounds like we all care that he knows about stereos and all that. Well buddy, take it somewhere else we all know there are better speakers out there but whos getting scammed? Us or you the guy that spends all kinds of money on speakers and stereo stuff and then comlains about speakers he doesnt even own? Get real buddy and get lost. Take it easy spkr.guy and greg, I have to go to work. In the meantime Ill be enjoying these speakers and I might just tell all my buddys about them but I wont be telling them I got ripped off.

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
Ecoustics is an audiophile website.

If you think that hi-fi is a hobby where something that's merely decent is good enough, then this is not exactly the right place for you guys.

Hi-Fi requires quality equipment designed to deliver audio for the purpose of accuracy.

Accuracy is a very difficult thing to achieve with audio and takes high quality equipment to make it happen. This quality costs more money, but that's because more effort was put into design and higher quality components are used.

And, when I talk about high quality, I'm not talking about mass produced equipment you can find at a Best Buy. I'm talking about high class components from some Japanese mass manufacturers, including stuff that's not sold at places like Best Buy, as well as truly premium audio gear that isn't so mainstream that was designed and built in the USA, Japan, and Europe.

Some of you Americans may like your white van speakers, but they would get such a panning in the English hi-fi press. - Reinhart

Nickyfrmvegas
Unregistered guest
LOL we are in LONDEN :-) REINHART it sound like you are on the wrong post! lol

Bronze Member

Sydney, NSW Australia

Post Number: 17
Hold on, what does this have to do with just Americans? White van speakers are all over the world. If you look they took a panning from the American Hi-Fi press as well but people are still buying them and obviously there are still people who like them regardless of what the English hi-fi press or you have to say. I know you will debate this and it's for another thread but Americans make some of the best speakers in the world. Sure there are some great European and poofda English ones but in the last 20 years it's been American speakers. And this comes from a guy that owned a very beautiful pair of Vintage Wharfedale Dovedales.

Reiny, you need to get over yourself. Why don't you pander to your fellow audiophiles on others posts if you are so into accuracy and quality? Or have they turned you away as well? Why are you digging in the dirt here when you don't even own the speakers? You've been shot down time and again and you keep on coming back for more to get the last word in. If everybody here just said "Reinhart, you're right" would you leave it at that or is there something more you'd have to point out? Perhaps it's not just about speakers, maybe it's something else.

Newark, DE

Post Number: 2
heh heh, you tell him. Maybe he wet his bed as a child. Who knows? Get off your high horse buddy and tell someone that gives a fcvk. Like the guy said expensive speakers arent for everyone. I told my wife and kids about you yesterday and they had a laugh. They dont seem to care that they only cost $250 while we are having a good time watching movies. Theres more to life than worrying about where your speakers came from and how much they cost. And what is your point? I came here wondering about -the digital research speaker scam- and here reignhart is prancing around talking about other stuff that I dont seem to care about. I still havent been convinced its a scam if I only paid $250.

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"You've been shot down time and again and you keep on coming back for more to get the last word in."

Shot down? How so?

What magically changes the facts? - Reinhart

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"I told my wife and kids about you yesterday and they had a laugh. They dont seem to care that they only cost $250 while we are having a good time watching movies. Theres more to life than worrying about where your speakers came from and how much they cost. And what is your point?"

It's about what you actually got.

You were put under the impression that the speakers you paid $250 for were used professionally and are of high caliber.

The simple fact is that they are not what they are advertised to be. These speakers are not used professionally at all and are made in a level worse than the typical low end speaker from a retail establishment.

You were sold under misrepresentation, whether you like what you got or not. That's the point.

And, as for you paying $250, you likely could've gotten a pair of new KLH towers from an electronics store that would've cost you about $150 a pair and would have gotten a level of quality out of them that's higher than your Digital Research speakers, and that doesn't even bring to light manufacturer warranty support and the store return/exchange policy.

Your equipment is an investment, so it pays to have something that's actually what you thought you were spending your money on.

As some other guy around the net once said about these white van speakers: "Save your goddamn money." - Reinhart

Bronze Member

Sydney, NSW Australia

Post Number: 18
Reiny, you still don't get it. It's not even fun messing with you anymore. You remind me of the boss in that Brit show 'the Office'. Sad. It sounds like William is happy with his 'investment' so piss off. Apparently people buy things for different reasons than you but you can't comprehend that. Others would have stopped trying but you still insist. Weird. Anyway, please have the last word and I'm sure you'll always have it until you breathe your last breath but that's your business. Prove us wrong. Good luck in life, my friend. One day it'll all click. STFO!!!

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"Prove us wrong."

I already have, countless times.

The only ones that disagree are the ones who are selling these poor excuses for speakers. - Reinhart

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"Prove us wrong."

I already have, countless times.

The only ones that disagree are the ones who are selling these poor excuses for speakers. - Reinhart

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
I CAN PROVE YOUR WRONG (The only ones that disgree are the ones who are selling these poor excuses for speakers.)YOUR WRONG RIENHART THERES A LOT PEOPLE ON HERE THAT BOUGHT THE SPEAKERS AND ARE HAPPY WITH THEM LOOK AT CONRAD HE HASNT SOLD NOR BOUGHT SPEAKERS AND HE DOESNT AGREE WITH AT ALL.. HU GREG YOU TELL HIM BRO.

Newark, DE

Post Number: 3
lol. This reinhart guy aint too bright is he? Whats your problem buddy? You dont even own the speakers but you keep trashing them. I already said I was happy with them and thats all that matters but you keep going on and on and on. I said I got 5 speakers for $250. I dont care about KLH or whatever. They never told me they were professional speakers and i never thought that they were worth $2000. Get a clue buddy and pull the pud out of your ears. Dont worry about getting the last word either because i wont be returning to this site if theres guys like you logging on. Youre like a goddamn woman. Not my woman though because I wouldve b!tchslapped you by now.

Username: Jb46292

Post Number: 3
i was duped today in Austin. same old story. I have to say, the speakers sound pretty good to me, but i'm no "pro." (so why do i need 'professional' speakers, one might ask).

The problem is that these 'salesmen' are misrepresenting the product. plain and simple. things should be sold as is, not as believed.

Renihart
Unregistered guest
"Youre like a goddamn woman. Not my woman though because I wouldve b!tchslapped you by now."

Not without you getting a couple of shots of .45 hollowpoint first. - Reinhart

Bronze Member

Sydney, NSW Australia

Post Number: 19
I agree, if anything misrepresentation is definitely a problem.

Hey SPKR.GUY I hear ya, mate. As long as people are somewhat happy with them who cares what me, you, that weasel Reinhart or anybody else has to say. As far as Reinhart goes, let him think what he wants thinking he's right about everything and trying to prove it. I'd rather not waste anymore time or words on him. The guy needs to address some personal issues and just let go. Unfortunately, I've met guys like him. I'm sure he's the life of the party whereever he goes. Give him a month or two and he'll be at it with someone else. Guys like him live for it.

Patrolman
Unregistered guest
Keep up the good fight, Reinhart.

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"I agree, if anything misrepresentation is definitely a problem."

Then why support a business that's dependent on it? That's how these speakers are moved.

If the speakers were truthfully described as what they actually are, then people will not buy them.

These things were designed for one purpose only: to get as much money out of the targeted hit as possible.

The sellers generally don't care about customer satisfaction if the speakers don't deliver what they were represented to give to the buyer.

Then, the buyer typically has to work hard and fast, within three days according to law, to try and find the base establishment that was responsible for employing the sellers to obtain a full refund before it's legally too late.

Do you have to face this level of dishonesty and work this hard and fast to get satisfaction from a reputable retail establishment?

"As far as Reinhart goes, let him think what he wants thinking he's right about everything and trying to prove it"

And then you go agreeing with one of the points me and others have brought up: misrepresentation.

Doubletalk, anyone?

"Give him a month or two and he'll be at it with someone else. Guys like him live for it."

Much like how you want to live for ripping people off? You did say on numerous occasions that you wanted in on this kind of gig, didn't you?

You get into a business like this, you have to lie and cheat in some of the worst ways possible to make your money. Misrepresentation is basically a fancy word for lying.

You have to convince your hit that the merchandise is worth a couple of thousand of dollars and make him think about what kind of deal he's getting at $500, and you have materials such as catalogues and fabricated magazines to try and further sway the hit towards the sale.

When the hit is pursuaded by razzle and dazzle, unable to make a logical conclusion due to the overwhelming emotional manipulation, convinced that this is such a "once-in-a-lifetime deal," then you get him to pay as much as possible for the goods. Then, you play on his potential guilt about how you were "swindled" in the deal by the hit by asking for beer money as compensation for such a "bargain" of a buy.

The only gig that's worse than this scam is insurance fraud.

This is a crooked business. It's also unfortunately legal, but sometimes what's legal isn't always right. That's where ethics and common sense are supposed to kick in: to help you determine what is right and what is wrong.

A lot of buyers need to learn about common sense and ethics very much. But that still doesn't make this kind of business right. And the displays of deluded and misguided righteousness by the speaker pushers and even some of the victims shows the kind of attitude and morals that people supportive of such a business have.

There's what you believe, then there's reality. And the reality is that the buyers were suckers no matter what they believe, and the sellers usually get away with it. - Reinhart

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
To Patrolman...

I've read some of your posts before and you offered good advice.

Be careful out there and stay true and safe on the beat. - Reinhart

skateboarder
Unregistered guest
well i also bought a system from a dude in his 20s i bought 2 of the dr1620s and a 5 speaker system called the global digital dr 8600. now i realize that i got scammed the second i came on this sight. the person who sold me them was dishonest and i am a very trusting person. i just moved into a sweet place that is 2000 square feet. i had no intention of selling them for profit i just wanted a speaker system for my new house. i gave him 600 dollors that i had to borrow from a good friend of mine. i would of been ok with the fact that i was sold merchandise that want authentic. but the fact that i was lied to and when i plugged in the system it sounded worse then the speakers that came with my dell computer really disappoints me in a way that affects my faith in humainity. now i have to tell my friend that the system that he selflessly lent me money to buy doesnt work well at all. i was really excited and was really hoping that it was gonna be great. but i guess that when it is too good to be true, it really isnt. :to the speaker guy- lying is a very bad thing to do, the karma will get u believe me, i know. And to reinhart-what is it you are getting out of relentlessly writing about this. just a curious question.

skateboarder
Unregistered guest
you know what also really sucks i brought him to my house and showed him where they were gonna go and i gave him a pepsi, and all he could do was lie to me about how they were such high quality speakers. upon intrucing myself to him and inviting him into my home i issued trust to someone who i didnt know. money is just money my concern is that i was lied to and not to be a cry baby but it hurt me to know that i was played in such a way. to those who sell the systems look into the eyes of the consumers and read into them, ask yourself if these people deserve it. i truely dont think i did.

Post Number: 4
figgin A, karma's gonna get those a$$h*les

i hope

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
I'm doing this because I seriously want to inform people so they do not make this kind of mistake in the first place.

Plus, when I had written responses, my opinions were challenged. I stand and back up what I say instead of just rolling over.

If you paid using a personal check (your friend deposited the $600 to your account), then request a stop payment order for that check with your bank and hope that it wasn't cashed.

If the check was cashed or if you paid by cash, then you must act fast, within three days by law, to try and locate the people who sold you these speakers to obtain a refund.

Did they give you any information that you could use to contact them? Do the salespeople often ride around the area that you went to? Did they give you a receipt with any contact info (even if that info might be bogus) and, more importantly, terms of sale which may list what they are obligated to do if you are seeking a refund through a return?

Definitely do everything you can to search and research your options, including finding other reports of similar occurances on the internet.

A great place to start is to check out any possible reports that were filed from your state and area on www.scamshield.org. There may have been others just like you who were duped by the same company responsible for the salesmen who bilked you, but may have found out vaulable contact info that you can use to obtain the refund.

If you find their base of operations and they refuse to grant a refund, do call your county sheriff's office for assistance.

And, above all, keep a level head and don't do anything brash.

You may or may not succeed, but there is a chance that you can if you try.

Good luck. - Reinhart

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
Website correction.

www.scamshield.com - Reinhart

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
Website correction.

www.scamshield.com - Reinhart

Post Number: 5
i tend to agree with reinhart. i fell for that story even though i knew i could be screwing myself. Why? i dont know, but that's not the point. Even though i feel like i didnt get ripped off TOO bad, the worst part is that this guy has probably told this story to hundreds of schmucks and i'm pretty sure they're all going to hell.

Post Number: 6
SPKRY GUY or what ever...

YOU are wrong. just because someone says that they are happy with the speakers doesnt mean they're happy about being lied to. They are probably just trying to make the best out of getting bent over.

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
YO SKATEBOARDER IM SORRY THAT YOU DONT LIKE YOUR SYSTEM THATS WHY ALL THE GUYS THAT SELL DIGITAL RESEARCH NEED TO KNOW THAT IT IS A KNOCKOFF OF MY BRAND THEATER RESEARCH THEY JUST MADE THE NAME SOUND SIMILAR IF YOU WOULD HAVE GOT TR INSTED OF DR YOU WOULD BE MUCH HAPPYER GOOD LUCK THOUGH BRO.

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"YO SKATEBOARDER IM SORRY THAT YOU DONT LIKE YOUR SYSTEM THATS WHY ALL THE GUYS THAT SELL DIGITAL RESEARCH NEED TO KNOW THAT IT IS A KNOCKOFF OF MY BRAND THEATER RESEARCH THEY JUST MADE THE NAME SOUND SIMILAR IF YOU WOULD HAVE GOT TR INSTED OF DR YOU WOULD BE MUCH HAPPYER GOOD LUCK THOUGH BRO."

Fascinating.

At first, you criticized Theater Research to be a lame ripoff of Digital Research products you claimed to be selling.

Now, you flip-flopped and suddenly you're selling Theater Research and declared Digital Research a knockoff.

This is what SPKR.GUY said on October 3, 2005 at 7:56 PM on this forum, which can be accessed by scrolling up to the post in question on this page.

"DID U KNOW THAT DIGITAL RESEARCH IS A KNOCK OFF OF THEATER RESEARCH YEP ITS THE TRUTH THE DRAGON LADIE SELLS REPLICAS OF MY EQUIPMENT SO FOR ALL THAT GET DIGITAL INSTED OF THEATER IM SORRY I DONT BUY FROM THE DRAG. LADIE CUZ SHE`S GOT SH!T COMPARED TO MY BRAND"

So, which one do you sell, Theater Research or Digital Research?

FYI, both those names are knocked off of a respected brand whose products are sold at reputable hi-fi dealers: Acoustic Research. - Reinhart

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
I DONT EVEN HAVE LIE TO SELL THESE THINGS I SAY TO MY HIT THAT I GOT THEM ON THE JOB WHICH ISNT A LIE I TELL THEM NOT TO ASK HOW AND I HAND THEM THE PAPER WORK AND TELL THEM TO TEAD THE STATS. WHERE THE INFLATED RETAIL PRICE IS ALSO PRINTED SO I KNOW THEY SAW IT THEN I SAY HOW MUCH WILL YOU GIVE ME FOR IT THEY MOSTLY SAY I DONT KNOW HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT THEN I TELL THEM HOW MUCH I WANT SOME THING LIKE 5-600$ IF THATS TOO MUCH FOR THEM THEN I TELL EM TO SHOOT ME AN OFFER OF WHAT THEY CAN SPEND ON IT IF IT`S DECENT THEN I`LL LET EM HAVE IT NOTHING DISHONEST. SOMETIMES WE TELL THEM THAT WE HAVE A SMALL BUSS. AND THAT WE GET THESE WHOLESALE AND WE CAN SELL THEM FOR CHEAP BECAUSE WERE NOT TRYING TO BREAKE THERE BANK,AND THAT ONE WORKS REALLY WELL WITH NO LIES .

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
RIENHART YOU IDIOT BIG IDIOT LOOK AT YOUR POST WHERE YOU JUST QUOTED ME AND LOOK WHAT I WROTE, YOU DIPCRAP I SAID D.R. IS A KNOCKOFF OF T.R. BECAUSE I HAVE SOLD T.R. FOR YEARS. NOW EVERY ONE KNOWS HOW STUPID THIS GUY IS. HE DOES`NT EVEN KNOW WHAT HE`S TALKING ABOUT..LOOK IT`S IN HIS FACE AND HE STILL DOES NOT KNOW.SO HOW CAN YOU TRUST OTHER MORE COMPLEX THINGS HE SAYS ?P.S. LOOK DIGITAL RESEARCH IS A KNOCKOFF OF THEATER RESEARCH LIKE I SAID EVERY TIME!!

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"LOOK IT`S IN HIS FACE AND HE STILL DOES NOT KNOW.SO HOW CAN YOU TRUST OTHER MORE COMPLEX THINGS HE SAYS ?P.S. LOOK DIGITAL RESEARCH IS A KNOCKOFF OF THEATER RESEARCH LIKE I SAID EVERY TIME!!"

Look at the quote more carefully.

"GET DIGITAL INSTED OF THEATER"

It's either that, or since your sentences were constructed so badly that it's hard to make out exactly what you said clearly.

There are purposes for commas and periods, you know.

If what I quoted was incorrect, then I apologize.

But, for cripes sake, study some damn grammar. - Reinhart

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
FASCINATING RIENHART WHAT ARE THINKING DUDE DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW TO READ? GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR BUTT.! HA HA HA

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
RIENHART LOOK IT DOESNT TAKE MUCH BRAINS TO SEE THAT I SAID (FOR ALL THOSE THAT GET DIGITAL INSTEAD OF THEATER IM SORRY)READ UP RIENY!

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"FASCINATING RIENHART WHAT ARE THINKING DUDE DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW TO READ? GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR BUTT.! HA HA HA"

I know how to read, provided that the English is written properly.

The real problem is that you don't know how to write, as evidenced by all of your posts. Perhaps, this is because of your admitted lack of education?

You don't use proper punctuation, your vocabulary is highly substandard, and your sentence structures and spelling are atrocious. How can you expect anyone to clearly and quickly understand everything that you're saying with such awful writing?

If you had any intelligence, then you whould be cognizant of the simple fact that not communicating the English language properly through writing will not allow you to make your case convincingly and defend your contention effectively to anybody here.

You can't write worth beans to save your own hide, so I suggest remedial study for English grammar.

I can only imagine how badly you speak the language, let alone write it. - Reinhart

Bronze Member

Sydney, NSW Australia

Post Number: 20
SPKR.GUY. Don't sweat that nonsense. It's in the results we get, not in the methods, that determines who we are in life. Like a bully in a playground, it is usually the person that has most to hide that pokes fun at others to distract us from themselves.

skateboarder
Unregistered guest
to the Speaker guy- u seem like an intelligent man, upon reading into this arguement i see little u state without some concern for what is right and logical. But when you look at the situation and stick up for the "speaker Guys" arent you a little guilty for what you support. i think its fine that there are knock off brands of speakers, there are knock off brands of everything, golly just today i bought a soda called Dr. Thunder. but i knew what i was buying, i bought it for what it was. now that is good honest business. now im sure u think reinhart is a stubborn know-it-all. but before u say things like
I WOULD HAVE GOTEN U FOR $600. SO THANK YOUR LUCKY STARS U DID`NT GET IT FROM ME OR ANY OF MY CREW. SO QUIT BEING A CRY BABY AND HOOK UP YOUR SPEAKERS THAT U THOUGHT WERE STOLEN, AND ENJOY! S.T.F.O.TO ALL U OTHER SPEAKER GUY`S OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dont pretend to care and dont knock a person for trying to make a difference in a positave way. and to greg conrad, u are a serious poser. its a little funny. to reinhart thanks for caring, both u and speaker guy should at least respect eachother in some ways.

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
You singled out a sentence in the paragraph which clarified your communication.

"FOR ALL THOSE THAT GET DIGITAL INSTEAD OF THEATER IM SORRY"

But look at your entire paragraph that had the sentence.

"DID U KNOW THAT DIGITAL RESEARCH IS A KNOCK OFF OF THEATER RESEARCH YEP ITS THE TRUTH THE DRAGON LADIE SELLS REPLICAS OF MY EQUIPMENT SO FOR ALL THAT GET DIGITAL INSTED OF THEATER IM SORRY I DONT BUY FROM THE DRAG. LADIE CUZ SHE`S GOT SH!T COMPARED TO MY BRAND"

Since you did not use proper punctuation in your paragraph, it becomes almost impossible for the reader to delineate those words into separate sentences. Nobody can clearly understand what it is that you're writing as a result. The only person who knew exactly what was being said in that paragraph was you, alone.

And, let's not even talk about your horrible sentence structures, repulsive vocabulary, and poor spelling.

Like I said, you need to learn some damn grammar, at the very least. You can't write effectively unless you know how to write properly. - Reinhart

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"SPKR.GUY. Don't sweat that nonsense. It's in the results we get, not in the methods, that determines who we are in life. Like a bully in a playground, it is usually the person that has most to hide that pokes fun at others to distract us from themselves."

What is so nonsensical about rightly criticizing your stooge's ability to write?

He has no writing ability for the English langauage. His writing allows for misinterpretations to take place since his ideas and thoughts are not communicated with any kind of structure and clarity.

And, be careful about what you said in terms of results being more important.

If your goal is to earn more money, there are ways, both right and wrong, to do so.

Methods, such as making the right kinds of decisions with investments, having a savings strategy, and so on will systematically allow you gain a nest egg over time without risk of jailtime.

Methods, such as robbing a bank, defrauding people or companies, liquidating of stolen goods, and so on can also net you money, but it's also wrong. You run the risk of being arrested by the authorities or possibly shot by a victim who chooses to stand their ground.

As for hiding something, what in the world do you think I'm trying to hide? What makes that point relevant to anything discussed here?

As for bullying, you ought to look at yourself in the mirror. You're the one who's justifying and wanting to do the wrong thing against other people.

You said that misrepresentation was a big problem. Guess what? Misrepresentation is the tool that's used to get people to buy from you in the white van speaker business.

As for being defensive, it is you and "SPKR.GUY" that are always on the defensive. I speak my opinions and I back them up. All you and "SPKR.GUY" try to do is use insults, lame justifications, and even philosophical mumbo-jumbo at one point to try and respond to my posts.

I make factual points while all you and "SPKR.GUY" do is attack. - Reinhart

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"to the Speaker guy- u seem like an intelligent man, upon reading into this arguement i see little u state without some concern for what is right and logical. But when you look at the situation and stick up for the "speaker Guys" arent you a little guilty for what you support. i think its fine that there are knock off brands of speakers, there are knock off brands of everything, golly just today i bought a soda called Dr. Thunder. but i knew what i was buying, i bought it for what it was. now that is good honest business. now im sure u think reinhart is a stubborn know-it-all. but before u say things like
I WOULD HAVE GOTEN U FOR $600. SO THANK YOUR LUCKY STARS U DID`NT GET IT FROM ME OR ANY OF MY CREW. SO QUIT BEING A CRY BABY AND HOOK UP YOUR SPEAKERS THAT U THOUGHT WERE STOLEN, AND ENJOY! S.T.F.O.TO ALL U OTHER SPEAKER GUY`S OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dont pretend to care and dont knock a person for trying to make a difference in a positave way. and to greg conrad, u are a serious poser. its a little funny. to reinhart thanks for caring, both u and speaker guy should at least respect eachother in some ways."

You are most insightful, and you state excellent points.

For instance, your soda analogy. Excellent point. Wal-Mart doesn't try to mislead the consumer into thinking that there's something better with Sam's Choice "Dr. Thunder" than Dr. Pepper. All they do is show that there is another choice that you may like and that it's a more attractive alternative in price. Like you said, good and honest business since there's nothing misleading there.

This is nothing like those white van speakers, where the sellers try to convince you that they are better than anything else that's sold through false claims and will try to get as much money from you as possible.

As for asking the buyer what they'd want to pay, that's a psychological ploy that's used in car dealerships. The typical buyer subconsciously doesn't want to defraud the seller, so they name their own price that is felt to be a fair compromise between the funds that the buyer has available and the alleged retail price. Of course, if the buyer names a price that the seller doesn't like, then the seller can refuse the offer and then state a price themselves. If they can't get the buyer to buy, then they'll search for the next hit.

In any case, since the products themselves didn't cost that much to make in the first place, just about every sale ends up netting a substantial profit. But, and as you've said, these products don't deliver what was promised. They do not work with any appreciable level of performance and they have about as much value as a wax apple.

I hope that the tips for trying to recover your loss was helpful. If not, then I am very sorry for what you've lost. All anyone can do in this case is to learn from their mistake and strive to warn others about this scam so they themselves will not be taken by it. Good luck. - Reinhart

Patrolman
Unregistered guest
Greg Conrad wrote:
"It's in the results we get, not in the methods, that determines who we are in life."

Way off, Greg. Josef Stalin had some pretty good results - all-powerful dictator of a superpower - but will always be remembered for his methods. I don't mean to compare anyone to a murderous tyrant, just making a point.

A wealthy man who got his wealth by preying on the innocent is never remembered for being a wealthy man.

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
Most eloquent way of putting it. - Reinhart

Bronze Member

Sydney, NSW Australia

Post Number: 22
Yeah, very eloquently put. Interesting. What good are the methods if they bear no results. A farmer can toil day in day out but what good is it if his fields bear no harvest. Thats my point, patrol man. You can't bring a checklist with you everywhere you go in life. If you look at Reiny's post he's insulting SPKR.GUY's intelligence purely because of how he types on a screen. Get real. At the end of the day who cares about that if he's happy with the results he gets. I mean it in a positive sense not scamming people. Because, yeah, what comes around goes around. Kharma is a Fact of Life.

I saw that SPK.guy wasn't one of these hardcore scammers right away so I jumped in. But messing with Reiny just got old. Like I said, I'm done wasting my time on him. Let him hang out here proving whatever point he has. As one guy put it to him, "whats your interest in it?" Now the guy is just irritating.

Anyway, Hey skateboarder, I hope you meant 'poster' I was skating halfpipe and streetstyle old school with my big fat Powell-Peralta and Rectors way back in the day. We had some good times skating but unfortunately you can only trash yourself so much before you have to give it up.

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
To Skateboarder. I forgot to say something else.

"to reinhart thanks for caring, both u and speaker guy should at least respect eachother in some ways."

About respecting "speaker guy." I would, except for one problem: we both seem to be polar opposites in values and ideologies.

"Speaker guy" is doing something that he feels is right and he is supportive of others who are also in the same occupation. He has his own alledged finnancial success and he apparently enjoys what he does.

I believe there is nothing just with what he does, regardless of his own personal success and how he feels about his profession. This is because he's in a business that was designed to defraud others through gross misrepresentation that's unheard of in any kind of respectable retail establishment.

Accepting his point of view would be defying my own values. It would also be denying what is and accepting what is not.

In addition, respect is never given; it is always earned.

In the case of being a salesman, you must respect a serious customer. This is because the customer has earned your respect as he's your source of income. He's trusting you to help him make a decision that may lead to an exchange that is of mututal benefit to both. The salesman gets the money while the customer gets exactly what he expects and has paid for.

White van salespeople do not keep this mutual benefit in mind; they just want to get the money and give the customer sometimg that isn't actually what he was lead to believe and, thus, paid for. This basically means that they do not respect the customer as they took advantage of his trust.

"The customer is always right." Those words mean a lot more than what is suggested in the initial impression. It's not so much a statement of who is right, but a statement demanding that customers are entitled to your best efforts to serve them fairly since they're the ones paying for your livelihood.

But, of course, this level of respect must be mutual; the customer has to respect you as the person who is providing the goods and services that he needs. Otherwise, he's wasting your time.

If this felt like I was talking down to you, then I'm really sorry for that. I don't want you to take what I've said to you in the wrong way. It's not my intention to insult you with this response.

But, you must understand that SPKR.GUY has failed to earn my respect through what he has said and claimed to have done. What I've said here are explanations as to why.

I'm sure that people like him has caused you not to trust them, either, because of what they had done to you. This means that you don't respect them, as respect does entail a level of trust. They took advantage of your trust, disrespecting you as a customer.

Again, I apologize if this felt like beig talked down to. Take care, and good luck with all of your goals and your efforts to accomplish them. - Reinhart

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"What good are the methods if they bear no results. A farmer can toil day in day out but what good is it if his fields bear no harvest. Thats my point, patrol man."

Your point does not justify what is ultimately immoral and wrong. You're justfying chaos.

Patrolman's use of a dictator as an example is quite valid as dictators justify their acts of terror and violence purley by results.

"if you look at Reiny's post he's insulting SPKR.GUY's intelligence purely because of how he types on a screen. Get real."

I stand by my contention that if you cannot communicate English effectively, you cannot communicate English convincingly. Since SPKR.GUY does not bother to write in proper English, then he cannot argue his point effectively since his writing lacks clarity and structure.

Why don't you try reading his posts and trying to clearly and quickly understand what it is that he's saying. If you have to read and re-read the post over and over, essentially analyzing and studying his posts, to try and clearly understand what he's saying, then it's obvious that he is a terrible writer.

Good communication is being clear, concise, and that your message can be easily understood.

If you think the point I made is insulting, then that's just too bad. It's the truth, and sometimes the truth is not pleasant.

"At the end of the day who cares about that if he's happy with the results he gets. I mean it in a positive sense not scamming people."

It is a scamming of the people if it involves misrepresentation, falsehoods, and distortion.

What sets this scam apart from others is that it is legal. But, again, what is legal isn't necessarily right.

Case in point: segregation was also legal decades ago, but it obviously wasn't right.

"Because, yeah, what comes around goes around. Kharma is a Fact of Life."

This is true, and something that SPKR.GUY really needs to keep in mind.

I'm certainly aware of it, but I have no qualms about it because I try my best to lead my life ethically and morally. I'm more concerned with what's right than merely achieving a result under any means.

And, the word is spelled "karma," which is Buddhist in origin. - Reinhart

Bronze Member

Sydney, NSW Australia

Post Number: 23
Reinhart, all insults and nonsense aside. If you've convinced me of anything it is that you definitely stand behind what you believe is right. Unfortunately, being right isn't what it's all about. It's been real, it's been fun but it hasn't been real fun. Catch you all later.

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"Reinhart, all insults and nonsense aside. If you've convinced me of anything it is that you definitely stand behind what you believe is right. Unfortunately, being right isn't what it's all about. It's been real, it's been fun but it hasn't been real fun. Catch you all later."

Insults and nonsense? Isn't that ignorance?

And, yes, being right isn't all that life's about. But, it doesn't make it any less important than it is in life.

And, as for your departure, good riddance.

I seriously hope you don't consider the gig in question as a career. It's a dead end. - Reinhart

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
IT`S ALL GOOD RIENY IT WAS A HONEST MISTAKE NO BIG WOOP JUST PAY A LITTLE MORE ATTENTION NEXT TIME. IM NOT GOING WRITE PROPER BECAUSE IM NOT TURNING THIS IN TO SCHOOL AND IT`S NOT GRADED SO I REFUSE TO PUT FORTH THE EFORT. I TEND TO TYPE FAST BECAUSE I DONT LIKE TO WASTE THE TIME ON IT ON THIS SITE IT`S JUST NOT WORTH IT! SO LIVE WITH IT OR SKIP PAST MY POSTS. STFO!!!ROCK OUT WITH YOUR U KNOW WHAT OUT!

skateboarder
Unregistered guest
Reinhart-take care of yourself again thank you for your insightful words.
Conrad if you are still listening-no offence with the poser joke, do what makes you happy, money wont always buy you happiness, i learned that the hard way.
Spkr.guy-go F yourself...just kidding- u also take care i hold you no ill will just always be careful and ever mindful of those around u.
PS: i know my typing and spelling and grammer sux, just for the record. Goodbye all its been a silly experiance, BTW Im From Vermont incase anyone was wondering. Peace

Adolf Hitler
Unregistered guest
Hey patrolman screw stalin you can compare me to Adolf Hitler my Fuerer the father of the master race.Do you have blonde hair and blue eyes then you need to mate only with a women of the same.we are the master race and we must survive, and keep are blood pure not to be bread into an inferior race like all the nig`s and jew`s. Hiel Germany! Hiel Hitler!

Patrolman
Unregistered guest
Since it appears Mr. Conrad has decided to leave the board, I will let him be. You can't convince someone who is not here.

I will ignore "Adolf Hitler," since the poster is attempting to be inflammatory and direct attention away from the issue at hand.

With regard to SPKR.GUY's use of language, yes, it's bad. But there's no changing that. I just wish that he'd stop with the all caps. Makes it tough to read. But making a statement regarding not wanting to waste time on this site on your 25th post on this page alone doesn't hold much water.

To all speakermen who engage in deceptive practices - Why? If the items are quality, as many have claimed, then use that to sell. If you are providing contact numbers to reassure customers, then have someone answer the phone. If there is a customer service website on the box, make sure it exists. Imagine how much more profitable the whole business could be if it had a GOOD reputation. People would be out on the street looking for YOU to get a good deal instead of heading to a retailer. You'd actually get repeat and referral business, which is where the real money is.

Cell man
Unregistered guest
Hey I just got some of these in Wichita Falls Texas. I'm pretty pissed off that they told me they were worth $1600 and whats funny is that I called my friend on the phone and he said they werent too bad but that I shouldnt pay more then $300 for them so I only paid $280 for them. The speakers arent too bad the actual speakers aren't too good but the enclosure is pretty good. I'm just a little pissed off that they lied to me about that. I guess I have to blame myself to because I fell for the whole the factory overstocked us deal and I'm always up for a discount. If I didnt have the money I would be really pissed off but they didn't put a gun to my head either. All I can say is if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. Won't happen again...God Bless!

Soulsister
Unregistered guest
i got these speakers too in oakland california. holla. they brought them to my house and everything. a cute white guy and a ashy black guy in a light blue minivan. but theyre alright. i didn't bother telling my boyfriend about how much i paid and said they were a gift. he would get real mad at me and those two guys. i hate being lied to though. i bet they could sell them without having to lie about it.

patrolman and rienhart you sound like the same guy. you write the same and you always agree with eachother and you both go on about nothing. what gives?

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
We are not the same people, that I can assure you.

I do not know that other person except that he seems to have sided with me in the argument and that he goes by the name "Patrolman."

You could say that SPKR.GUY and Mr. Conrad may be the same people as they seem to agree on many of the same things, but that's obviously an unreasonable assumption.

As for "going on about nothing," what do you mean by that? Just because of the volume of my text?

With my posts specifically, I can explain my text for the simple reason that I am highly descriptive of what I write and that I do type very fast. - Reinhart

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
DEAR RIENHART
I AGREE WITH SOULSISTER ABOUT YOU AND PATTYMAN BEING THE SAME PERSON, BUT ME AND GREG IS IN YOUR WORDS UNREASONABLE FOR ONE HE HAS BETTER GRAMMER THAN I AND ANOTHER IS THAT IF I WERE TO BE SOMEONE ELSE I WOULD HAVE MORE OF A CLEVER FAKE INDENTETY THAN OLD CONRAD. PEACE OUT WIENY RIENY HA HA

Patrolman
Unregistered guest
I am not Reinhart, and I do happen do agree with his positions taken here. He's trying to educate people about this type of scam and debunk some of the lame arguments made by these speakermen. I do not know his motivations. My motivations lay in the number of complaints I receive as a patrol officer regarding this activity. I don't like it, and I don't like the people doing it.

Simply because we are both educated and use proper grammar and spelling does not mean we write the same. And I do not consider what I write to be about nothing. I find it disturbing that a victim of what I am opposing would think that way. But that seems to be the way the winds blow these days - the victimizers are the victims.

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
Greg has some poor grammar and spelling as well, although his problems are not as bad as yours, SPKR.GUY, nor does he have a habit of typing in ALL CAPS.

As for me, my interest and motivation is that I am an avid hi-fi hobbyist who hates seeing and hearing about people being ripped off by what is, more or less, fraud. There are better speakers out there, including some speakers that cost far less than how much your hits typically pay for your junk.

There are some speakers out there by some highly respected manufacturers that are considered some of the very best around, but don't look all that impressive since the manufacturer concentrated on engineering to achieve the function, not the asthetics. Although, to be fair, there are some excellent speakers from some primo brands that also look good, but even then, it's still what goes inside the speaker that takes priority.

Speakers are supposed to sound impressive, not look impressive. High fidelity is about maintaining faithfulness to the original sound as it was recorded with minimal, if no, alteration in the interim. With speakers, as they are a highly vital link in the chain, this can only be done when they are carefully engineered while using the right kinds of parts to achieve the product's goal. This kind of care in design and choice in parts do not exist in the speakers sold by the white van guys, and that's that.

Patrolman's motivation is simple enough to understand: he seems sick and tired of dealing with people who didn't follow that all-to-familiar axiom: "If it's too good to be true, it probably is."

As for me and Patrolman, one difference is that he appears to have better courtesy than I do in his writing. I have the habit of being overly blunt, perhaps even outspoken and overbearing.

As for advice in sales, it seems that Patrolman and I share a similarity in ideas. But, when you think about it, it's really simple and involves some good common sense. Anyone with half a brain can figure it out.

If you deceive or are a complete @$$ to your customers, they will take their business elsewhere. They are also a source of unappreciated free advertising for better or worse: word-of-mouth. If you are to operate a retail sales business, you'd better remember that familiar phrase and the philosophy behind it: "The Customer Is Always Right."

And for Patrolman, who suggested the notion of the victimizers being the victims themselves as well as the perpetrators, that seems to be too true these days. There are some people who disregard the 2nd amendment, so they not only allow themselves to be defenseless against criminals, but they also want to force others to end up the same way. Talk about being spineless AND conformist, both of which are disturbing trends in society.

Conformist, so people cannot think rationally for themselves. Spineless, since there are people who, for some reason, don't want to think and stand up for themselves. - Reinhart

Username: Notsobright

Pennsylvania U.S.A

Post Number: 10
Where Tom Bong when you need him?

tough kitty
Unregistered guest
sounds to me like you people are to stupid to figure that if it sounds to good to be true it usually isn't. merchandise that "fell off a truck" never did and "it's a mistake now you get a good deal" is one of the oldest lines. C'mone guys, do you believe " no officer you got the wrong guy"? or what about " Honey does this make my but look big?" So your pissed you got lied to, when you knew from the start you were being lied to? You paid $150 to $300 for $300 speakers, so what? get over it.

zatoichi
Unregistered guest
Well put.I learned my lesson and got over it.With the story they told you, If a cop asked you where you got them what are you going to tell him?Would you lie to protect your a$&?I don't know why people are spending so much time either defending it or berating it.Get over it, you got what you paid for.Nothing more to say.

Jamster
Unregistered guest
My buddy just got a pair of these speakers. I went over his house to look. He wanted my opinion since I work at Circuit City. To tell you the truth, he got exactly what he paid for - $280. I never heard of the brand but there are alot of the same exact speakers, DVD, amps out there, all from China, just whack a different label on it. They don't even MAKE them. They just buy it and on-sell it. I have seen worse crap from Sony, JVC, Sherwood and Kenwood come into our store in a convenient home theater 'package' so you don't really notice how bad the speakers are because customers usually concentrate on the Receiver or DVD Player more.

Besides you should see how much WE pay for this crap compared to how much the customer does. Sure Sony and all those guys give you a warranty but some of the equipment is such crap and with the money they made it isn't a problem for them to just swap them out rather than fix them.

I wouldn't be surprised if these speakers were made in the same factory and run along the same assembly line in China as the ones they sell in my store just with a different label. Don't try to fool yourselves and act as these are so much different. Some are made to Sony or Kenwood requirements. Others are just ones they make and sell to whomever.

Digital Research could be just the ones Sony or Pioneer didn't want to buy on their buying trip to China.

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"have seen worse crap from Sony, JVC, Sherwood and Kenwood come into our store in a convenient home theater 'package' so you don't really notice how bad the speakers are because customers usually concentrate on the Receiver or DVD Player more."

First, the products you mentioned for comparison against Digital Research are HTIBs. Most speakers sold from white vans, includng Digital Research, are supposed to pass as seperate components requiring a receiver or an amp/preamp to run. Almost anything will sound better than an HTIB, especially those that uses cube-type or small bookshelf speakers.

Secondly, just because a product is made in China, it doesn't mean that they share the same engineering. This is synonymous to declaring Ford and Chevrolet the same as they are both American manufacturers.

Now, some manufacturers have used a single source for some of their products. Toshiba has used Orion to manufacture some of their lower end television sets while Orion also makes their own stuff for sale at places like Wal-Mart. Funai has made VCRs, DVD players, and televisions for a whole slew of brands, including Philips. But, Sony, JVC, and Kenwood do have their own unique designs and their own manufacturing facilities for most, if not all, of their models around the world, including China (although Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia are other manufacturing sources for those brands as well).

Not too sure about Sherwood's current offerings, though. But, some Sherwood models were similar to Harman/Kardon stuff years ago.

Thirdly, while some of the warranted stuff from manufacturers are not so hot, you do have a recourse to recover your loss due to a defect as long as you are still in the warranty period. The white van merchandise provides no such benefit at all, so if your white van crap ever craps out in the "warranty period," you're still stuck.

Finally, if you truly wanted good speakers, you'd never buy them from mass electronics brands to begin with. Sony, for instance, is better off making audiovisual equipment than speakers. Their speakers are generally not worth listening to. (Their receivers aren't worth beans, either, unless you go beyond their DE line into the DB and the DA (ES) lines.)

Since you work for Circuit City, you ought to know considering that you also stock some entry level and midrange models from decent speaker manufacturers like Polk Audio and Infinity.

But, I don't expect your stores to stock truly serious models from the brands you carry, as well as stuff from truly serious manufacturers. You guys don't even stock Pioneer ELITE, much less Onkyo Integra, Sony ES, and Denon. And, let's not even mention stuff from Sunfire, Outlaw Audio, Krell, Parasound, NAD, and Lexicon.

The most you guys ever have are 1 or 2 models of THX Select receivers from Onkyo, while more serious stores stock THX Ultra equipment (not that THX by itself should be a purchasing concern, but THX Ultra certified stuff is definitely a premium that your customers would not buy due to price).

The last time I visited a Circuit City, the highest end the store I went to ever stocked for audio were midrange speakers from Polk Audio, Infinity, and Bose. In addition, midrange receivers from Onkyo and Harman/Kardon were the highest end they had. The store stocked the highest end that's possible for JVC, since JVC isn't really regarded as a serious contender in audio anymore. And, the store stocked the relatively low range receivers from Sony and Pioneer.

And, what I mean by low range from these manufacturers: something like the Sony STR-DE997 may be the highest end for the DE line, but is low end junk compared to the basic bottom of the Sony ES line, the Sony STR-DA1100ES. And, unless something has changed, Circuit City does not stock Sony ES for the same reason they won't stock Denon: too expensive.

But, I'll say this much. If anyone is interested in getting into hi-fi and home theater, places like Circuit City and Best Buy are good places to start for entering into this fine and fun hobby.

But, if you want to get the most out of what the hobby has to offer, then you have to skip the mass merchants entirely and go to an actual hi-fi dealer.

With this, I mean a real dealer with sales staff who are trained and learned in regards to the products they sell and who, themselves, are hobbyists. A store that's actually authorized to sell and service equipment from even some exotic manufacturers. And, hopefully, a store that employs CEDIA certified employees, especially to deal with the installation and configuration of your equipment should you choose to hire their services.

Of course, while you're there, do your best to avoid falling for the snake oil traps that may be sold there at times that are supposed to make your equipment sound better through hocus-pocus.

"Besides you should see how much WE pay for this crap compared to how much the customer does."

Oh, I believe it. It's a little thing called "retail markup from the wholesale price."

"Digital Research could be just the ones Sony or Pioneer didn't want to buy on their buying trip to China."

Once you open a Sony tower speaker up and compare it to any white van brand, you'll retract your statement. Although, I wouldn't use a Sony tower anyhow as they don't sound as good as they should. But, they do have some design values. At least they use some internal insulation and enclosure bracing. - Reinhart

Jamster
Unregistered guest
Yeah, umm, that's great man.

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
Don't you really mean "No comment."

You probably didn't even read it.

Then I'll summarize it.

Go to Circuit City or Best Buy if you want a starting point in hi-fi; don't bother with Target and Wal-Mart. NEVER deal with HTIBs; go component and avoid speakers made by electronics companies. Stick with speakers that are made by decent speaker companies. And, never deal with white van speaker guys. Circuit City's home theater packages (not HTIBs), with one package including a decent Hitachi rear projection LCD, five disc Onkyo DVD changer, an Onkyo THX select 7.1 receiver, and a set of Polk Audio speakers (including two Polk towers for the stereo fronts) is a fantastic deal at about $5000-$6000 and is a really great starting point.

If you want to go a level higher, then you have to go to a real hi-fi store. This would be a store where their specialty is audiovisual equipment only and are usually not franchise-based: no movies, no music, no computers, and no appliances. Just A/V equipment from brands including the familiar, like Sony, to brands found only at those kinds of dealers, like Linn. - Reinhart

Jamster
Unregistered guest
Um, No I meant, that's great. Keep up the good work. Maybe someday, someone will have the time to read it all.
Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Mango_joe

Orlando, Florida Usa

Post Number: 25
that about sums up these idiots

Soulsister
Unregistered guest
lol, thats funny. for some reason this guy sure does write alot. plus i know him and patrolman are the same person too. youre not fooling anyone.

Jamster
Unregistered guest
You said it. Most people have better things to do then have arguments on a internet site. Yeah, I think the two guys are the same too. Idiots.

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"lol, thats funny. for some reason this guy sure does write alot. plus i know him and patrolman are the same person too. youre not fooling anyone."

Believe what you want to as I've already answered that question. But, you are apparently paranoid enough to assume that I am playing two parts.

This just goes to show that you assume everything and know nothing. The only person you are fooling is yourself and those who are lacking in common sense to actually believe you.

It's sad for anyone to come to this conclusion purely through assumption than proof.

The only question I want to ask is why such a ridiculous conclusion was reached in the first place?

What's the point for me to assume a second identity? Why would I even want to? What reason would I have?

I post under one identity only and have not, nor will I ever, play that kind of game in a debate. Those kinds of ploys are childish and ineffectual.

As for writing a lot. I tend to do that, since I'm descriptive with a very fast typing speed.

As for Jamster, if you think people have better things to do than go to sites like this, then why are you here participating in the argument? - Reinhart

Jamster
Unregistered guest
I can't believe I'm actually responding this bullsh!t considering I only came to this site to look up some speakers for a friend.

I'll tell you a story, Reinhart - Wanna-be Audiophiles come into my store everyday, talking the talk, b!tch!ng about the stuff we sell, how it's so low end - beneath their standards. We actually get a kick out fooling with them. Although we are always helpful and respectful to our customers, we are all in on it and have a good laugh when they leave. But why they are in my store knowing full well we don't sell High-End Audio is beyond me. But there they are and here you are.

I've read all your past posts and I'm a direct kind of guy so I'll be direct - Reinhart, you too are a wanna-be.

I'll drop you some knowledge as you seem so good at highlighting other people faults -

1) Practice what you preach. Go out and buy some of the stuff you profess to know so much about. Why do I say this? No advocate of High-end Audio would own or admit to own KLH. You say that CC is a crap store but we wouldn't push this stuff. It is extremely outdated and it would only end up in the bargain bin.

2) At least in the last 20 years, Sherwood has never been in the same league as Harman Kardon. I can't believe you used the two in the same sentence. Get with the times.

3) There are other forum sites that you can hang out, preach and be more convincing. Try the Star Wars or Star Trek websites. I'm sure you will fit right in.

4) Please confirm whether or not you work or live in the Montgomeryville PA area. You come across as a guy that will go postal any day. I ask this for the safety of my family, friends and coworkers. Patrolman will probably be the one to take you out.

Other than that, have fun here with all your friends.

Jamster
Unregistered guest
BTW: Just so you don't waste any time on it, I wasn't referring to the Sherwood Newcastle range.

Cya

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
YO JAMSTER ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT YOUR A P!MP! AND THATS FROM ONE SPEAKER SALESMAN TO AN OTHER! PEACE OUT BRO.

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"1) Practice what you preach. Go out and buy some of the stuff you profess to know so much about. Why do I say this? No advocate of High-end Audio would own or admit to own KLH. You say that CC is a crap store but we wouldn't push this stuff. It is extremely outdated and it would only end up in the bargain bin."

I never said CC was a crap store. Just merely that they don't stock stuff that qualifies as high end most of the time.

There are audiophiles that are dimwits, then there are those who know what works, what doesn't, and why.

How do I have such knowledge? In addition to collecting gear, I have also professionally repaired this kind of gear, and from all sorts of varieties. And, having this kind of unique experience allows me to see past what's outside and truly find diamonds in the rough.

You sell this stuff? Well, I FIX AND USE this stuff for a living and as a hobby.

The following describes a little system I had built up for a bedroom.

Most KLHs I've had a chance to check out at stores and speaker repair shops were pretty bad, except one: the 900B 3-way bookshelf, which has long since been discontinued. Now, the 900B model is actually decent. Good efficiency, good range, and fairly good construction. The only complaint would be that the passive crossover network is a bit on the cheesy side and that the construction could be slightly better to combat resonation, but nothing like the stuff I've seen on white van speakers. The best thing that can be done to improve this speaker would be to stuff more polyester filling inside for more insulation than what's already inside it.

I use these things as surrounds driven by a Sony STR-DA4ES class A 7.1 channel receiver. Surround left, surround right, surround back left, and surround back right. I used to have a pair of Polk Audio FXi50 surround speakers, but they were better suited to a larger room where their directional capabilities would be better suited to large room acoustics since they fire at angles from drivers mounted on both front sides in a triangularly shaped enclosure. My listening environment dictated the need for front firing speakers and the KLH 900B was comparable to some Cerwin-Vega! E78 two way bookshelf speakers I was checking out. They sounded surprisingly similar in performance, but the KLH edged out with a better midrange response since the 900B is a three way. This was, indeed, startling considering that it was KLH. It's rare to have a decent KLH like this unless you hunt back to models made when that name actually meant something. Only complaint: spring clip terminals instead a binding posts. Purchased brand new on closeout.

The front center channel is a Linaeum OEMed speaker that was sold by RadioShack, the Pro-CS55. Now, yes, it's RadioShack, but also note who made it: Linaeum. I compared it to my old Polk Audio CS245i and found that the Pro-CS55 was close in high frequency definition to the Polk, but excelled the Polk in low-mid range response, which helped give vocals in the dialogue track better authority and presence. The quality of the passive crossover network between the two were close to equal, but a bit of an edge in this regard should be given to the Polk. But, overall, the Pro-CS55 got the center closer to preference than the CS245i. Purchased used for cheap out of curiosity.

The stereo mains are a pair of Optimus Mach Three speakers. Again, another RadioShack brand, but one of the very few speakers where the design elements that went into it were pretty much right. Efficient and dynamic with good and steady response throughout the entire range. The Mach series used an actual crossover network circuit board, and a large one at that, that had multiple fusible protections and used some halfway decent components in a passive configuration. This level of quality on the crossover have never, and currently do not, exist in any white van speaker I had a chance to see. A 15 inch woofer using a fairly decent sized magnet with pretty good horn drivers for the midrange and high frequencies were used in a bass-reflex enclosure composed of particle board approximately 1 1/2 inches thick with generous fiberglass insulation and decent internal bracing for absorbing standing waves and reducing case resonance. The only complaint would be that spring clip terminals were used, but that's easily recitifed by replacing them with binding post terminals that can accept bannana plugs. Purchased used for cheap out of curiosity and repaired the bass drivers by refoaming the surrounds on the cones.

The subwoofer for the .1 LFE is an old Velodyne V-1012-B. It's not quite as boomy as current powered subs, but it still shakes walls and windows and rattles bones without difficulty, but with a more controlled bass response which makes it suitable for music. A 10 inch active driver with complmentary reflex provided by a 12 inch passive piston-type radiator helps to generate good bass hits. It's driven by an integrated amp with the line feed coming from an active crossover network. Although, the bass crossover is set to the highest possible frequency since I do not use the sub for music, only for bass hits from matrixed stereo surround tracks and the .1 LFE from Dolby Digital and DTS sources. The sub is positioned at the corner of the room.

Sources for this system include a Sony TC-K707ES 3 head cassette deck with Dolby S and a closed loop dual capstan.

CDs are played on a lightly modified Sony CDP-X229ES single well CD player with stock Texas Instruments NE5532P opamps replaced with Burr-Brown OPA-2604 opamps.

And, a Sony PS-X600 Biotracer turntable with an Ortofon VMS 20 EO mark II magnetic-type pickup with a full diamond stylus in an elliptical shape for playing LPs and 45s.

These Sony components, with exception of the turntable, are vintage ES, meaning they were made when Sony offered quality for these components. The turntable, on the other hand, was around before Sony even released the ES line (and the ES line began in 1983-1984) and has performance comparable to a Rega 3, but with superior ergonomics. This is better than any Sony turntable made today (where Sony [and Teac] merely took an existing AudioTechnica turntable and slapped their name on it).

Additional sources include videogame systems, such as the PS-2, PS One, X-Box, GameCube, SNES, NES, 3DO, CD-i, Dreamcast, Saturn, Genesis/Sega CD, and N64. Let's face it. A good home theater setup blows arcades away for videogames.

System also consists of a Sony SVO-160 industrial VHS hi-fi, Sony SL-HF400 SuperBeta hi-fi, Akai VS-525U VHS hi-fi, RCA SGT-250 Stereo CED videodisc player, Pioneer DVL-700 LD/DVD player with Yamaha ADP-1 AC-3 demodulator, and Panasonic DVD-A110 DVD player (one of few that doesn't have problems with chroma upsampling error, but soon to be replaced by an Oppo Digital OPDV971H DVD player). I have a huge archive of titles in many different formats, so I also have the capability of playing them all to their fullest.

Display is a Sony KV-27S66 aperture grille Trinitron CRT monitor. Hope to replace with a Trinitron HDTV display for this bedroom setup.

I prefer direct view CRT displays since they still offer superior contrast and are simpler in execution compared to plasma and LCD displays. I choose Trinitron because it offers several distinct advantages over conventional shadow mask CRT displays when both are properly calibrated to NTSC and SMPTE specs, which are reasons why Trinitron is widely used in professional and medical fields, even when other supposedly "better" display technologies are available.

"2) At least in the last 20 years, Sherwood has never been in the same league as Harman Kardon. I can't believe you used the two in the same sentence. Get with the times."

My conclusion was due to the fact that during the 1990s, Harman/Kardon had equipment OEMed by a source that also supplied equipment for sale under the Sherwood name. Unless you buy higher end Harman/Kardon components from that era, like the Citation series, you may end up with something that's actually equivalent to Sherwood from Harman/Kardon, if not the same.

Harman/Kardon today, of course, is much better than they were years ago. Thankfully, they share little to nothing in common with Sherwood stuff produced today. One notable design aspect that H/K uses in their receivers is a heatsink configuration that can allow the output transistors to be cooled completely by convection, while some other brands implement fans to provide the air flow to the heatsinks.

You mentioned Kenwood before, which is on the other side of the receiver design scale. Kenwood has used a peculiar design layout where the output transistor heatsink is contained with an air channel, using a fan to provide the airflow. Of course, if the fan should fail, then there's no way to move the air to keep the transistors cooled off, which causes the receiver to overheat since the heatsink is contained, making convection cooling essentially an impossibility.

And, of course, there was Technics, which Panasonic decided to discontinue except for electronic musical instruments and turntables like the legendary SL-1200 series. Panasonic has an implementation for their ventilation fan that makes people like me scratch our heads in confusion: the fan operates depending on the immediate power load on the output amplifier IC.

Please note that, this time, I didn't say output transistor here as Matsushita Electric, parent to Panasonic and Technics, has used integrated circuit-type amplifier modules instead of discrete transistors for years. The same thing goes to Pioneer unless you go with their high end offerings from both their regular line and ELITE line.

Anyways, the fan configuration in question works by taking the load from the output and pumping it through a bridge rectifier circuit (since power going to speakers is AC of varying frequencies and amplitudes, which what makes the speaker move to produce sound waves). The brigde converts the AC into a ripple DC feed, which is then filtered to reduce this ripple and then the resultant electrical feed is sent to a fan to make the screw (another name for "propeller") spin. This is an oversimplified explanation, but that's essentially how they did it, and is also why the fans on a Technics or a Panasonic receiver won't run, even if the receiver gets really hot. The fan runs only if the load on the amplifier section is sufficient enough to power it.

A better implementation of the fan would be to run it when the thermal condition inside the receiver, not the immediate power load, demands a cool down.

Quite a few Technics and Panasonic receivers pretty much use class A amplifiers (they call it class H+), which are the best kind of analogue amps around but are also highly inefficient since they are always running, even at zero decibels from the line. This means that they generate heat even when they are not amplifying a load at that moment. I'm sure you remember the old but infamous Technics SA-DX930. Those things always had problems overheating. Now, Panasonic is a bit better, but they need more improvement with how their thermal emissions in their receivers are managed.

"3) There are other forum sites that you can hang out, preach and be more convincing. Try the Star Wars or Star Trek websites. I'm sure you will fit right in."

How quaint. And what do you do all day, visit sites that make you vulnerable to a hack, like free picture sites (if you know what I mean)?

"4) Please confirm whether or not you work or live in the Montgomeryville PA area. You come across as a guy that will go postal any day. I ask this for the safety of my family, friends and coworkers. Patrolman will probably be the one to take you out."

And why should I tell you where I live?

Besides, what's the point of you asking and making those kind of assumptions? Are you being an @$$hole or are you actually frightened?

In either case, you seriously need to develop better maturity.

As for Sherwood Newcastle, why bother? I'd rather spend the money on Denon. - Reinhart

Jamster
Unregistered guest
Yaaawwwn...

Wow. How does all that equipment fit in your mom's basement?

And yeah, love the porrn. Most men do. Although closet queens usually deny it.

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"Yaaawwwn..."

Which goes to show your level of interest in this field. You're selling the stuff because it's a way to earn your college money.

"Wow. How does all that equipment fit in your mom's basement?"

How does your idiocy allow you to keep your job? No wait, it's Circuit City. They hire inexperienced morons to push store warranties for little commission, if any.

"And yeah, love the porrn. Most men do. Although closet queens usually deny it."

I like looking at that stuff, too. But, I prefer to get it from sources that don't try to do an IP scan and an IP attack on my computer, even though I have a firewall. That's why free sites aren't so great. That, and they may contain malicious Java code that can grant unauthorized priviledges to hackers on your computer.

Plus, there's that pesky little thing called "spyware." - Reinhart

Patrolman
Unregistered guest
Jamster wrote:
"Patrolman will probably be the one to take you out."

I'm in Los Angeles, so probably not, unless Reinhart lives here.

I don't know a thing about speakers - the only ones I have are the Altec Lansing ones that surround my computer - but I know now not to get any from Circuit City. Thanks for the tip.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us