TV has AUIDO IN jacks only. how to get audio on home theatre system while watchin cable tv

Username: Setupwoe

Post Number: 1
I just bought panasonic HT930 HTIB. I have a 27" CRT panasonic tv which only has AUDIO IN RCA connections in the back and the front. i have cable TV coming out of the wall connected directly to the tv antenna in. when i play my DVD and audio CD's my home theatre system works. but when i'm watching cable tv..the audio only comes frm the TV speakers. what do i need to do to get the audio on my home theare system while watching cable tv.

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 395
Does your cable have any other outputs like an RCA audio/video or a S-video connection?

If so you need to run RCA cables from your cable box to the receiver and then connect to your TV via the Monitor or TV/out ports from your receiver. If your TV has S-video or component output, run those instead.

Username: Setupwoe

Post Number: 2

i don't have a cable box ...i live in an apartment complex and we just need to connect our tv's "antenna in" to the outlet in the wall using F" Connections to recieve cable signals. the only other connections i have on my tv are "audio in" and "video in" RCA connections in the back and front of TV.

someone suggested i need to buy a VCR to be able to use my home theatre speakers for tv broadcast.

please help!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 399

VCR is an option and if you need one they are certainly cheap. Otherwise you might get a coax cable to RCA converter from Radio Shack and then use that to plug in to the receiver and then from receiver to your TV's "audio and video in" RCA.

I wouldn't buy a VCR just to connect the cable to your receiver.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6425

For the $49 you will have to spend on a VCR, go ahead and splurge. You saved money buying the HTIB so the VCR should still be affordable for what is now a dual function unit.

I assume you have an available audio input on the HTIB. Run the wall plate connection for cable TV output to the VCR and then run the audio out from the VCR to the HTIB. Run just the video to the TV and go to the menu on the TV to turn off the internal speakers of the set.

For $60 (plus local and federal sales taxes) you will have the problem solved and a way to watch Oprah when you're not home in the afternoon. What a deal!

Joel Crowson
Unregistered guest
I have a Phi;;ips Quadra Surf TV a Toshiba Vcr a RadiuoShcack av selector a Dreamcast,N64,A game cube and some s-video and composite cables how do i set them up to get them into widescreen on my tv? and look that way?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us