Pioneer HTP-210 or Kenwood HTB-404?

Like to know which one sounds better, as they are lacking these models in the stores around where I live. Please no posts about how I should not get Home Theaters in a Box, I am trying to put together a DVD/Home Theater for around 500 bucks. If you have sampled the Pioneer HTD-510DV then please include that in your analysis. All your help is much appreciated.

Casey

Adam Young
I haven't heard the Kenwood system at all so I can't say. I recently purchased this system and have not been disappointed. I wanted to keep my purchase price down under $400 for my complete system. All the other systems I could find that fell within my price range either dropped to only 80 watts output per speaker, or a 50 watt subwoofer, or both. This system is the only one in the price range that I could find that would give me a receiver that has the power output to allow me to upgrade my speakers and really hear a benefit. The 100 watt subwoofer has been worth it to me. The standard speakers can put out a LOT of sound but are a little tinny. I am using speakers from my previous stereo system for my 3 front channels, but the receiver offers several features that can boost your low frequency sound output if you stick with the speakers you get. From my perspective there are better systems out there but I would have had to spend TONS more money to hear a difference.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us