Onkyo HT-S650 Causing Onscreen Distortion?

I've had my hts650 for about 2 weeks and suddenly tonight all of the channels on my dishnetwork had a colored static-like distortion. I called dishnetwork, assuming it was their problem. after talking with them for a while, they said the signal was fine so we deduced that it was a connection problem. after checking the video connections on my dishnetwork receiver with no success, I unplugged the optical cable that connects the dish reciever to the onkyo receiver and suddenly the picture was fine. when I plugged it back in it got fuzzy again. then I tried (with everything plugged in correctly) simply turning off the onkyo. when I did this the picture was fine and when I turned the onkyo back on the picture got bad again.
Has anybody had this problem? does anybody have any idea why it's happening or how I can fix it?
Thanks!

Matt Tobey
In case anybody else experiences this kind of problem, I called Dish Network for their advice. The guy in their advanced technical support (regular tech support was baffled) said that it sounded like my dish reciever was receiving some kind of interference. Long story short, the dish box was on top of my dvd player and the metal was conducting whatever signals that were causing the distortion from the Onkyo system. I simply moved my dish box to its own shelf and the problem was fixed. I expect this will also solve the problem that I'd mentioned with audio distortion (chirping) when watching TV in Pro Logic II mode.
Anyway, hope this helps someone else.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us