Archive through October 08, 2005

stfo420
Unregistered guest
you dumb kunts make it sound like theres 2-4 guys out there..."OMG, NOW THEYR IN OHIO" S.T.F.U.....you nubs make me sick....your the ones buying "stolen" product anyway....and now your complaining when you find out its a so callled scam....Look at the shoes on your feet....did it cost Nike 120$ to make em? NO, its called middlemen markups..and you retards are too duck to see it everywhere....Youve been conditioned to accept outrageous prices and lil things like shoes and food. Your all commuters...and youll be happy with your 50 g's a year, with your minivan, and your ugly wife, and 2 slutt daughters. P.S we dont scam ppl, we sinply exploit GREED.....C U SOON DUCKIES!!!!

qualified speakerman oportunity
Unregistered guest
Are you looking to get in to this business in an honest and legitimate way?

We furnish tax identification numbers, seller's permits, solicitation licenses, receipts, warranties, business cards, company shirts and vehicles.

We practice an honest pitch and sell a quality product at a fair price. No hype.

1st month: salary + commission + bonus.

Read our mission statement prior to responding.

Go to:
www.burckhards.com

mikemike0221
Unregistered guest
I didnt get scammed today but some dope headed looking fool and his ugly girlfriend tried to pull that stunt on me today in a Crown gas station in Glen Burnie, MD. Offering to sell me some Digital Research 5.1 surround sound system. He claimed it was a $2,000 system and he would sell it to me at a good price. He was asking for $1,000 cash. I was like "hell no". I told him I've never even heard of Digital Research and even if I did I wouldnt buy it off the back of some minivan in a gas station parking lot. He tried pushing it on me for about 5 minutes and went as low as $200 and I just told him I had nothing to spare and to give me a call later. Of course he said he didnt have the time and the speakers had to be sold in the next 20 minutes or he would lose them. Whatever!!

PALERMO owner
Unregistered guest
`hello all .. my co. sells palermo va 5.1 it is a passive system that kicks a s s i have 32 trucks on the streets in 5 different citys, mostly on west coast CA NV AZ WA am looking to find indipendents the first indy to contact me gets the sets for $5 to 10 dollers less then the other guy go to google and put in PALERMO VA 5.1 and u wiilll see my post nickyfrmvegas it will put u in a speker email, drop some names and speaker lingo and i will set up a bonded depot 4 u and i will give u $5 a set on every 1 u bring to the table 4 6 mo in writing thru the law firm of you choice . or i am hirring 1 yr is $5-8 2yr is 8-10 3+10 a set to start plus 05 explorer or cheep ! $1000.00 sighn on bounes if u bring a freind all air travel and co. housing 4 a yr . plane ticket home every x mass and our pay in is cheap rebates are hi and i give out a $1000.00 a week in contest weekly is $200 and reginal is $750 a week... right now we have a two week contest 1st $2500 2 nd $1000.00 3 rd $500.00 4 th trip to catilina island on jack amo ... and we rent a escalade 4 the mo winner of comp..LOKK u sick of crack head mng that dont work the streets and yell at u..well our mng work the streets because they dont want to do this 4 20 yr so come join us we have been the largest co. in the west coast now for 6 yr ask around call the big guys and the trainnes and ask NO HARD DRUGS WILL throw u thru the front door head first no no hard drugs 420 all day nothing else oh ya and we pay TAXES cant bye 20 + acres without tax forms plus it un-americain but we have rob merdocks old account so we pay next to nothing every year oh ya CO> plane only a 7 seater but it works lol :-)and time share 28 days out of year in CCABO mexicio hurry get your speaker skills and find us PALERMO VA 5.1

Anonymous

his name is glenn smith out of HUNGTON beach ca. he sell almost 50,000 units a year and u or the law cant stop him.maybe the IRS hey the got the MOB so they can get himm ,how maney of u paid sales tax???????????????????????? not a 1...........and he knows it
u will never stop him lol:-):-):-):-):-)P):-)

Anonymous

:-):-) ALL OF U ARE CLOWNS >I LOVE TO SELL COPS <JUST GOT $300 from 1 no s h i t lol hey palermo owner are u in ca. also i emailed u need 2 pallets please call THE DRAGON LADY WONT SELL TO ME

Duck Hunter
Unregistered guest
can u noobs stop calling the cops... were UNTOUCHABLE...SLUTTS!!! I got pulled out of my van today at gunpoint cause of you gayrods. COP: You are commiting suspicious activities. ME: Well is it illegal? COP: Well no... ME: Then have a nice day you filthy scumbag whoore! I OWN YOU BITCHE!!! Its a legal business and your the one who thought they were ripping a company off. YOU GOT SOLD!!! DEAL WITH IT!!! such a thing as buyer beware. So id like to say thanks to all the ducks. cause of you I make more than the president. <stfo>

Nickyfrmvegas
Unregistered guest
hey cory! STFO420 WHAT ARE U DOING? Come on this is a small world! Call me before I find u .Its the only way now! hey have u read the latest post on palermo va 5.1 lol your right these guys are DUCKS and when i hired u or tommy i mean you were making $8 dollers a hr. So come on show a little thanks and go to your court date :-) untill i hear or SEE you stfo for now !:-(

Unregistered guest
Global Audio" in San Mateo back in 1998 ish.

Any Speakermen from back in the day read this board?
This is ex-speakerman MarkG!! (I drove the blue Dodge FBI van with the minnisota plates,lol, I won the regional once too!$3500 week at 23 years old) looking for my crazy old friends like Jimmi Galagher and Sol, Antone, Chris R (manager), Dante, Tony, Adam and Scotty from NZ!!!
Those were great times bros, I wish I stayed in touch with you dudes, you were the craziest guys I ever met. Post here and I will get you my email.
I live in So Cal now. Sell Out!

To everyone that hates speakermen, you should look at your scam so to speak as a lesson learned. Im sure you had a great time while you were buying th e speakers and felt like you were part of a show.
The speakers we used to sell were great speakers that lasted a long time, maybe you paid too much, but thats your deal. Stop being embaressed and get on with your life. Peace.

RedBill
Unregistered guest
there is a 10 yr reunion for the speaker class of 95 next month.

Nickyfrmvegas
Unregistered guest
OMG dude were u been its the glabal audio dream team! well soul has a radio station in L.A(NO SH IT) jimmy galeger is in boston ,has not sold spekers in a good min chris rap is indy in L.A tony sheferied is smoking crack still:I DONT KNOW THAT $ SURE::-(and Scotty is also in >L.A well i hate to be the one that told u but GLenn Smith lol ya i know .......is the biggest manufactor in the buiz his co.is called TH theater reaserch. tell him Nckyfrmvegas sent u he hates me lol i own PAlermo VA5.1 but all that aside COME back still thousands of sets being sold every day.the speakers are 10x better than 707's lol remember
dude me and u sold out a couple times lol great to here from u .i'll spread the word your back in Cali S.T.F.O

Anonymous

Hey Nicky,

you seem to know who Im talking about. That really sucks about Antone. He was a great guy. He left to get a job as a plumber from what I remember.
Anyhow, would you email me.
I set up this email to talk to you.
dontjudgemeok@hotmail.com
Peace.

singleset$1,000
Unregistered guest
this site has become a job board lol S.T.F.O trust your partner :-)

Duck Hunter
Unregistered guest
single 1400. hellz ya

Anonymous

Just got apprached in Grand Rapids MI. Two white guys in a truck wit a cap on it. They had two complete Theatre Research systems for sale that thier boss 'gave' them for work they had done. They had a catalog that showed they were worth $2700 but they would sell for 500. They were in too big a hurry for me and talked way too fast so I left. Never buy something where you don't recognize the name of the product, its always crapola deluxe..

angry
Unregistered guest
NC same thing hit me up out side of work two guys asked if i wanted a deal on speakers...two guys came out one showed me the stuff they got and a mag showing proof of what its worth and junk like htat.. stupid me fell for the trap... now i'm out 4 billz.. should of used that money on my car... i got an eye out for them now... so now if one of them hit me up again.. theres a nice bat sittin in my car waiting for some as$ whoppin =) be warned speaker guys i not only have a bat in my ryde.. i have other toys i would like to pull out and test how it shots =)

Nickyfrmvegas
Unregistered guest
dont worry ill put money on your book"s when u do your 3-5 yr strech lol dumb A S S

Pissed
Unregistered guest
The speaker guys are in Smithtown, NY, again. We saw them trying to sell some speakers in the eckers shopping center but i stopped the transaction. White minivan. They are a bunch low lives ripping people off of there hard earned money!!! Just remember a holes what comes around goes around. They got me back in May or June in the walmart shopping center, they we not driving a white mini van then. Keep posting where they are they will get caught one day, by the wrong person.

Username: Moefoe

Post Number: 2
Guess this scam is everywhere. Chicago Heights, IL on 8/9/05. Out $250 for the 5.1 channel DR:1000 Platinum Series speaker system and 2 oxford towers. I gave Jamie Pascarella $250 cash and $250 check, which I stopped payment on. She was working with a guy named Paul Everly, whom I think scamed her into being his front girl. His cell phone states that he is from South Side Sounds. No such place exists # 708-372-9898

be a man for once in your life!
Unregistered guest
Wow De,
That's really cool that you would "stop payment". You agreed on a price and bought equipment that had to be payed for by the salespeople. Your a big man... let me guess, you're now donating the goods to charity.

Nickyfrmvegas
Unregistered guest
should of bought palermo va 5.1

Anonymous

Its 8/13/2005 These Guys were in Reno, NV Yesterday trying to sell in a Best Buy parking Lot. I watched this guy buy one, and they look pretty good, are they really pieces of Crap?

unlucky in RIchmond, VA
Unregistered guest
so i ran into these two white guys in the parking lot of my work. they flagged me down out of the van window, pulled up and they said they worked for Audio Express (turns out the company isn't actually in Va Beach, as they claimed). they were in an unmarked white utility van. they said they had too many of these entertainment systems on hand and needed to sell them. i haggled them down from $600 to $400. they claimed it was worth $1600, and had a magazine as proof. they offered me towers and a bunch of other stuff to go with it. i paid $400 cash, sucks for me 'cause i thought i would be able to make some kind of turnaround cash on this crap. oh well....can't even hook it up to anything!

"Digital Research 5.1 Pro Series III"
Richmond (Short Pump), Virginia
around the end of July, 2005

hope this doesn't happen to anyone else!!

nICKYFRMVEGAS
Unregistered guest
wHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HOPE IT DOES NOT HAPPEN AGAIN,DONT YOU KNOW? EVERYONE OF YOU HAVE NO MORALS AND WILL DO THE SAME THING AGAIN AND AGAIN!

TRIPLE SET
Unregistered guest
I RAN CREWS FOR SIX YEARS. U CANT F WITH US. BOUGHT A BUSSINESS AND CHILLIN. 1000.00 DOLLAR DAYS-50 DAYS-DO THE MATH. FOR ALL U ROCKSTARS-LOOK EM IN THE EYES, PITCH EM HIGH, AND WATCH EM BUY! ........info- jonnys jag:]

Nickyfrmvegas
Unregistered guest
hey;
Triple set/ I pay my mng $104,000 a yr and reginals get PD. $180,000 a year. You think im paying them to much? At 4.5 offices lol working on 5th.
Also who did you work for? just curious.I ve been in this gig 12+ yrs.PALERMO va 5.1 is my logo?

TRIPLE SET
Unregistered guest
hey nicky, i know how it works guy. sounds like youre a good guy.theres some shady mo fos out there.im on east coast ,,n fl. worked for G.C. sound and W.W.Audio. what up metal head ,and melon,krusty and mook, ---Tulsa style baby. old school

Bronze Member
Username: Saaketham

Post Number: 22
Are you guys just joking about being ripped off or did the above incidents really happen? I can't believe so many people would buy sh1t from assh01es driving around in shady trucks and peddling worthless pieces of wood and copper. Wow! I hope all of you manage to find those crackheads and get your money back.

Anil

calgary
Unregistered guest
hey bought a set of towers and the 5.1 surround in calgary alberta today. hooked up the towers and truth bekown they sound pretty good i paid 660 for all which is probally to much but not bad really. I bought a set of nuance speakers from soundsaround about 8 years ago for 1500 turns out they were sh*t its not the "speakerman" scaming you your scamming your self . I think there are a ot of good posts here but hey your buying them from the back of a truck what do you expect if you cant afford them why are you buying them? thought it was pretty funny though it seems like all over north america its the same rotuine, I got the we got extras delivered and the boss would just sell them to customers, advertisement in the magazine (excellent touch I might add :-))

later

adsnmdklsdkwd
Unregistered guest
I was approached like FOUR times on lots and by a bank but NEVER bought their piece of SH** speakers. id rather buy off of the internet or the store. you know its a ripoff. theyr just lame and lazy loosers.

davidATL
Unregistered guest
HAHAHHAHHAHHAHA damn at least i got ripped off only 100$ hahahhaha, this makes me feel better

Calgary
Unregistered guest
Hello all here is the website for the digital research speakers www.ptswoofers.com I got it from a speaker guy (thanks you know who you are) any way here is an update, I set up the 5.1 in addition to the DR750LS towers. The towers sound excellent but I thought the surround is a little weak to much high end on them (you barely notice if your running bought a and b channels). My biggest complaint would be the friggin speaker brackets all craked and one on the speakers fell down and damgaed the wall. I think as far as speakers go they arent to bad but maybe I could have paid less so every one out there whining suck it up and move on

ATL Joe
Unregistered guest
David ATL, who tried to sell to you. I had someone in a van at the blockbuster on Ponce de Leon (in Atlanta) try to sell to me and I backed away after almost making the purchase. I asked him to give me his name and address so i would have some form of insurance and piece of mind and the guy flipped out. Ba$tard drove a beige chevy tahoe and the guy driving had acne scars on his face. Guy making the pitch looked like a good guy. apparently not. I'm glad i avoided the pitfall but would still like to beat the crap out of these slimeballs.

dufus
Unregistered guest
Paid $500 and feared the worst after seeing all this, but I have it all hooked up now and it works pretty well actually. They're not $2000 speakers, but they get the job done. I got semi-scamed

oh beeee
Unregistered guest
i love selling speakers!!! i made 1000$ today...bringing this weeks profit up to 2800$...AND i took monday off! hahahaha, have a good life commutors!!!

jensdream29
Unregistered guest
I see a few people have actually tried them and found they are not so bad! Especially for the price i bought then for. Its the rest of you who still paid way too much even though you obviously noticed the people were selling out of thier cars. They sound good and they are nice to look at too. Get your heads out of your _sses and check it out. B_tches p_ss a b_tch Is that you?

AndyBoy
Unregistered guest
STFO

Speakerman101
Unregistered guest
www.burckhards.com
The ultimate street hustle.

Vinabadf
Unregistered guest
I got ripped in Tampa; if I find these two guys again, you won't have the Van to go around and sell it.

mdill
Unregistered guest
They got me too (in Berwyn, IL) for 200.00 I told him as I was giving him the money that I felt sure it was a scam, but he spent about an hour with me and the show was worth it. I'm sure these guys make a good buck, but it's too bad they don't do something legit; the guy I met was really good - I'm still impressed. If I ever see the SOB again, I am going to buy him a beer.

l5-sucka
Unregistered guest
Fcker got me
Atlanta, Little 5 points, at the post office.
I should of went with my first feeling. That slob was in a tan sport utility. "I need to feed my kids"
"If you see me at a bar buy me a beer"
Perfect line, now I feel like a fcking dork,
I knew he was full of sheeit. 200 bucks isn't that bad- I am a doctor, not a rad. tech. by the way you ars--e.
So if I see you in the ER after you get your ar$e beat, hopefully I am not the intern. You will feel pain.

STFOking
Unregistered guest
Thats the spirit mdill...all you duckies should have the same heart for our line of work...STFO speaker guys, representin CANADA BIYATCHES!!!!!

Nickyfrmvegas
Unregistered guest
CANADA SUCKS AND SO DO THEIR HOCKy teams hey guy want a USA ASSKICKING BRAD YORK OR ANY OF THOUSE OTHER MOTHER F U C kers tell them nick will see them soon. most likely at there moms house you little theif bit ches. DARe u to come back! no nigs gonna help you with me around! SO talk your sh-it so its eaiser to find you car wreck my a s s! wait little fleas i will see you soon, and the 10 or so otherss looking for u. actually i think ill call your mom right now CELL PHONE RECORDS dum a s s c u soon :-)

Speakerman101
Unregistered guest
Nicky, our customers should find this site and actually find speakermen, talking as normal, respectable people. I'm sure you tell your crews to "keep the areas fresh". This forum is a sort of "area" in the long run. Keep it fresh.

Come on guys. Some of us plan on doing this for a few more years. Stop being such friggin' tough guys. We're salesmen, not mafia.

Sell out!

Unregistered guest
Gentlemen - perhaps because most of us are of above average intelligence (we have computers - found this bbs - can spell (for the most part)), it irks us when we realize that WE have not been as smart as we should. Before I get flamed a 1000 times, I am not one of these 'artists' and I am not defending the practice. I would like to see however, how many people out there have ever bought any of these;
1) A rubber broom that picks up anything
2) A white powder that will get any stain out of clothes
3) A rolling ball that cleans your floors
I have all of these things and hundreds more. In each case I evaluated what i thought (or hoped) i was getting, evaluated the risk (in terms of $$ or ridicule factor)and did whatever amount of research i needed to make the best buying decision possible. Sometimes i walked away happy and sometimes i would show the gizzmo to my girlfriend, laugh and then bin it (or take it apart to see how i worked (i am an engineer after all)).
Isnt buying these speakers the same thing? They are not stolen, no threat or physical force is used and several people here have admitted that they do work! Yes they are $50-$100 quality, but in most cases people have only paid $100-$200. Perhaps the people here are pissed off because they THOUGHT they were getting $2000 speakers for $200 and are pissed when they realize that they are not. The Romans conied a phrase for this years ago - Caveat Emptor (or similar - my Latin is rusty) -it means buyer beware. Specifically, the seller has a job to do and will try to represent his product in the best possible light (perhaps unscrupulously (sp) so) but at the end of the day it is up to US to make the buying decision. MY salesguy was LESS pushy than those high school kids selling magazine subscriptions. I paid $150 for speakers I KNEW were worth $150 and they sound like $150 speakers. Moreover, i had fun haggling with the guy! The only difference between my story and countless others here is that i dont have the feeling that i made an irresponsible purchase.
Have fun - be careful.
Philip

Anonymous

Richardson Texas, next to Dallas, thank God I only gave him a hundred bucks. Brand new white Grand Cherokee with New Mexico plates

Nickyfrmvegas
Unregistered guest
Just when i thought i was out i got sucked back in lol

TRIPLE SET
Unregistered guest
DONT DOOSH THE AREA
MY POCKET IS MY BEST FRIEND,KEEP HER FAT
LOVE MY REPEAT CUSTOMERS
I GET UP AT 12 AND STFO BY THREE,BOOGERS IN MY EYE,CHILLI'S BY 3.30........LEAVE A 50.00 TIP,,,,,,,,,,,ROCKSTARS BABY,,,,,,,,,,USA DOES RULE ,,BUT CANADA GOT SOME MEAN CRIPKNOT

speakerman101
Unregistered guest
www.burckhards.com
"falling off my truck since 1999"

speakerman101
Unregistered guest
www.burckhards.com
"falling off my truck since 1999"

Username: Junkymunky05

Cincinnati, Ohio US

Post Number: 1
Yeah, this was a while back. It was a cold winters day and I was up at the CD Warehouse in Cincinnati, Ohio. Anywho, I bought a couple Silverchair CD's (Freak Show and Neon Ballroom) and left the store. I was getting in my car when this guy came out of nowhere and starting asking me how my "speaker system was". I was thinking he was talking about my car system, and I told him all the speakers are stock but they are pretty damn good (pontiac really cares about their sound). He corrected himself and asked me how my home speaker system was. I said I really didn't have one except for some Logitech 5.1 computer speakers. He asked me if I wanted some sweet speakers. I had nothing better to do, so, I got out of my car and followed this guy. He walked me over to this white Ryder van and opened up the side door. There sat two systems. One I have no idea what it was, small speakers, I forget the brand name, I had no interest in them. What I did see, and what he pulled out first, and what I indeed baught, were two Digital Research DR-1610 speakers. I took one look at the box, noticed the $2359 suggested retail price and asked him who he thought he was talking to. I informed him that I am merely a stoner buying used CD's and that I don't have five grand to drop on two speakers. Then I noticed the picture on the front and asked where the other speakers were. He said he only had the ones that he pulled out, which were the left and right front speakers for the whole surround setup, no left and right rear, no center. I asked him what this is all about, but he evaded my question and told me he would sell both the speakers to me for $400. I told him hell no, I don't have that kinda cash. He then told me to name a price. I looked the speakers over, looked at the specs, thought they were pretty damn good. I gave him a figure of $180 (this guy looked like a dude just trying to make a living). He thought about it and said yes. I gave him the $180 and he told me I owed him Caronas the next time I saw him. Whatever, I was only 17 at the time, so I just laughed. I loaded the two speakers into the car, which were a tight fit, those speakrs dont easily fit in a 2001 Grand Am. I brought them home, hooked them up, and they sounded pretty damn decent. For the suggested retail price, which I assume was for the whole system, I thought I had scored myself a sweet deal. The speakers are still goin strong today. Scam? I don't know, for all I know, the speakers could have been stolen, but what do I care. Atleast I didn't buy the speakers from a shitty place like Best Buy or Circuit City, now that is a waste of money. Just thought I would tell my story and give my opinion on the whole scam idea.

Anonymous

I've been had as well. I'm out $400 in Minneapolis. I actually did get the DR-2810s. Each one weighs in at 63lbs. I knew something was up when i got home and saw this at the top:
"Specifications are subject to change without notice. Modelnumber and manufacturer's suggested prices are for identification purposes only. Manufacturer's suggested prices do not represent a bonafide selling price in the metro trading area."

In an hour and a half, I'm going to find out just how pissed off my wife can get.

BTW, I was had by 2 guys in a Tan Ford Expedition on University avenue. Shows what I know.

Unregistered guest
Anyone who thinks these white van speakers are great quite simply either do not know what they're talking about, are too egotistic to admit that they bought garbage, or are part of the scam.

Have you guys ever seen how these things perform?

Quite a few of these speakers have impedence curves that dip dangerously low, which risks your amplification equipment. The fact that many of these white van speakers can cause damage to your amplification gear from bad impedence should be cause enough to avoid them like the plague.

Frequency response curve? Well, there's certainly a curve. The curve will look like a roller coaster ride at Universal "Islands of Adventure" on any and all of these kinds of speakers. These speakers DO NOT have a uniform response at any range.

Internal build quality? What quality? The enclosures are usually thin particle board with no internal insulation and structural bracing. These things are highly resonant! To demonstrate this, just give any one of these pieces of junk a good whap on the side. Any of these things will emit a rattling noise, which is a dead giveaway of cheapness. Hell, my KLH bookshelf speakers don't resonate like these things do!

Component quality? Typically cheap. One white van speaker model (forget which), had a simple electrolytic capacitor as the whole crossover network for both the midrange and tweeter! Of course, this also means that the 3 way was wired as a 2 way! Other models may actually have a crossover circuit, but it will usually be underdesigned and composed of chintzy underperforming components. The drivers are also usually cheap and will be easily blown by any kind of powerful amplification. AND, most of these speakers that are designed to be bi-wirable usually aren't as both sets of posts are wired in the same circuit! You can only guess what would happen if you attempted to bi-wire these things. And, to top if off, the wiring that's used are typically thin gauge.

You will actually be better off buying speakers from "shitty" places like Best Buy or Circuit City. At least the speakers sold there will have impedence curves that won't cause stress on the output stages of your amplifier.

If you want to get speakers that are a cut above what's sold at mass retailers, go to a reputable hi-fi shop and just spend the extra money on stuff from Martin Logan, Paradigm, Wharfdale, etc.

http://www.gr-research.com

DO NOT FALL FOR IT! DO NOT TAKE THE BAIT!

DO NOT GET SUCKERED! IT'S NOT WORTH IT!

- Reinhart

Tresa
Unregistered guest
Found this site while trying to find info on the two spearkers my son just bought for $250. He's only 20 and thought he'd made a great buy. Same old story, boss got two sets in mail instead of the one he bought, gave them to his employee who didn't need them and selling cheap. While they don't sound that bad it's just the idea that you got scammed. Anyway they're in Oklahoma now. These guys sure seem to get around.

PISSEDOFFMOM
Unregistered guest
My son just got scammed yesterday in Oklahoma. Same old story, boss got double what he ordered, gave extra set to employee, employee doesn't need them willing to sell cheap. My son's only 20, thought he'd come upon great deal, really makes me mad because he works hard for his money. The spearkers don't sound bad and look pretty good but its just the ideal of it all.

Username: Mia

Post Number: 1
yeah those fcks almost got me and my boy. I mean so close. It was 2 young looking guys in a brand new white jeep cherokee. They aproached us as we were walking out of the gym. saying that they had a great deal and nobody in there right mind would refuse. They even had a magazine with the speaker system for sale it had a MSRP of 1,999.00 and he would hook us up for $250. so my friend being the great bargainer that he is talked them into letting one go for $200. so my boy took the speakers and even asked me to front him money which i did willingly. The guy kept on saying u guys need to buy me a beer cause this deal is so good. Anyways we got home and first thing i did was go straight for my PC and found this site.. So right away i told my boy to call those guys back. Which he did and gave me the phone to me when they answered. i told them that we would take all 5 systems that they had in the back of the jeep for 150 a piece. Naturally they bit and were on there way to meet us at the buger king. Boy were these guys in for a surprise as soon as they pulled into the parking spot we boxed them in with our car and jump out on those punks. Not only did we give them a wooping but we got our money back also. OH yes it felt so good knowing we got the best of them. we even have there phone #786 444 5667. Is there a reward for these people?

Anonymous

London, On. Just got ripped. Same old story, however I got a license plate and a picture of them and their van. Anything I can do? I'd put a warning on here for others in the area, but you never get to this site until it is too late.

Happy Sucker
Unregistered guest
I just bought some DR 1620s in london for 800. I know other people have paid less than me but now i dont even care. I plugged these in beside my 3000 dollar Polk Audio towers and they sounded better. So how about all you people who paid 300 and now want to chase down and kill these guys for "scamming" you, think about chasin them down and givin them another grand. THANKS VAN GUYS

wildwilly
Unregistered guest
IT was not a beige mini van, it was Desert Sand Micha and the speaker boys had been graced, accidently, with an extra pair of DR-2810's. I understood how that could happen because I had once been loaded with an extra 3 ton condensing unit which is now on my girfreinds house.I told them I had a 100 bucks as I was but a poor and hard working maintenance man just trying to make ends meet, which honestly,is not too far from the truth. Still the chubby little white boy with virgining go-tee convinced me I meant a 100 dollars a piece and then turned me down on the offer that I had not really made. He and his darker partner got into the van and prepared to drive away.I went about my business outside the Racetrack gas station in Denton,Texas and started inside to pick up my ritual hot dog for lunch. As I crossed the parking lot they pulled beside and white speaker jumped out and said " you're realy tellin me the truth you only got 200 bucks". I said " yea I'm not sure I've got that much". Long story short I went to the ATM , got 200 dollars and he loaded my speakers gingerly into the back of my white Mustang GT. He told me I owed him a beer should we ever meet again. I immediately headed back to work to find on the internet what kind of speakers I had bought. This search led me here. My speakers work, I've never really been into all those complicated specifications, but I feel I dodged a bullet cause I had 2500.00 in my glove box from a car I had just sold and I am pretty much a push over when it comes to turning down salesman. So I'm not sure who scammed who.

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
To the person who thinks the white van speakers he got sounds better than his Polks.

You're crazy! Those white van speakers are never that good. Try taking both apart and see which is built better.

You must have faulty amplification equipment (which you didn't bother to specify), faulty source (again, didn't specify), or faulty taste compared to audio enthusiasts and professionals.

In your case, it's denial, dellusion, or complicity. - Reinhart

hooklineandsinker
Unregistered guest
Well at least I know that I'm not the only dumb one out there. Are these even worth keeping?

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
I WOULD HAVE GOTEN U FOR $600. SO THANK YOUR LUCKY STARS U DID`NT GET IT FROM ME OR ANY OF MY CREW. SO QUIT BEING A CRY BABY AND HOOK UP YOUR SPEAKERS THAT U THOUGHT WERE STOLEN, AND ENJOY! S.T.F.O.TO ALL U OTHER SPEAKER GUY`S OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
OH YA RIENHART YOUR A HATER AND U CAN SUCK IT. DONT BE MAD CUZ YOUR A FLEA. TAKE IT OUT ON SOMEONE ONE ELSE LIKE YOUR MOM HA HA HA P.S. BEAT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
SPKR.GUY has written:
"OH YA RIENHART YOUR A HATER AND U CAN SUCK IT. DONT BE MAD CUZ YOUR A FLEA. TAKE IT OUT ON SOMEONE ONE ELSE LIKE YOUR MOM HA HA HA P.S. BEAT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

This, ladies and gentlemen, is the kind of attitude and respect that these speaker salespeople really have.

I don't have to clarify anything more as the post from SPKR.GUY really says it all.

Would you purchase anything from people, like this SPKR.GUY, who would have this kind of unprofessional and disrespectful opinion and attitude against others?

Yet another reason to buy hi-fi components from a reputable hi-fi dealer. - Reinhart

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
DEAR, REINHART
MY DISTASTEFUL COMMENTS WERE DIRECTED TOWARDS YOU AND YOU ONLY SO LET IT BE KNOWN TO ALL THAT I CAN WITH OUT A DOUBT BE VERY DISREPECTFUL,BUT IT`S ONLY TO PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT TALK TRASH ABOUT MY PERSON.PRODUCT AND SALES PITCH I DONT EVEN GIVE A SH!T WHAT YOU SAY CUZ U KNOW AS WELL AS ME THAT THE ONLY PEOPLE ON HERE ARE MY FELLOW SPEAKER GUYS AND DUMB AS$ES LIKE YOU THAT HAVE ALREADY BOUGHT THEM SO ILL TELL U AGAIN BEAT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
LET ME TELL ALL YOU FOLKS ONE THING ABOUT AUDIO STORES. THE ONES LIKE BESTBUY AND FRYS ALL OF PRETY MUCH THE SALES PEOPLE THERE ARE MORE SHADY THAN ME OR ANY OF MY COLLEAGUES AND CAR SALESMAN DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED WITH HOW THEY DO BUSSINES. LOOK YOU CANT EVEN GET THESE SPEAKERS IN STORES SO BE HAPPY THAT YOU GOT THEM WHEN U HAD THE CHANCE ITS ALL GOOD YOULL THANK ME LATER TILL NEXT TIME TAKE CARE.S.T.F.O.

Unregistered guest
"MY DISTASTEFUL COMMENTS WERE DIRECTED TOWARDS YOU AND YOU ONLY SO LET IT BE KNOWN TO ALL THAT I CAN WITH OUT A DOUBT BE VERY DISREPECTFUL,BUT IT'S ONLY TO PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT TALK TRASH ABOUT MY PERSON.PRODUCT AND SALES PITCH"

You're ultimately disrespectful of anyone and everyone, period.

Secondly, you may not agree with the things I say, but they are ultimately the truth. Deny all you want and proceed towards the typical childish banter, but that doesn't change facts.

Truth hurts, doesn't it?

"I DONT EVEN GIVE A SH!T WHAT YOU SAY CUZ U KNOW AS WELL AS ME THAT THE ONLY PEOPLE ON HERE ARE MY FELLOW SPEAKER GUYS AND DUMB AS$ES LIKE YOU THAT HAVE ALREADY BOUGHT THEM SO ILL TELL U AGAIN BEAT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Actually, many people visit this site, including the hapless victims you and your brethren have shamelessly bilked.

As for me, I've never bought speakers out of the back of vans, I am very happy to say. And, I will never buy, no matter how clever your sales pitch. I will not buy crap out of the back of vans. Besides, I never buy anything without auditioning and testing the product first. It's difficult to do a meaningful evaulation on a street corner.

As for how I know about your product, I research. I check up on independent information that's available to me. I get information from reputable speaker repair shops who can attest to the pitiful quality of your speakers. I have also been given opportunities to inspect samples of your products provided by the very victims of your deceptive practices.

Everything points to one unavoidable fact: the products you sell are worthless and the sales pitches are highly deceptive and designed more to take advantage of the buyer than anything else.

Now, this is true of any sales person as the goal of a seller is to get the buyer to buy, but I digress for this particular instance because your actions are those employed by sleezy sellers to a despicable extreme unheard of even in used car dealerships.

As for leaving the forum, it will take more than what you and your fellow scumbags are capable of to make me leave here. Besides, you don't own this site and it's available for public access to all. If you don't like it, then you are free to leave here at any time.

"LET ME TELL ALL YOU FOLKS ONE THING ABOUT AUDIO STORES. THE ONES LIKE BESTBUY AND FRYS ALL OF PRETY MUCH THE SALES PEOPLE THERE ARE MORE SHADY THAN ME OR ANY OF MY COLLEAGUES"

At least they sell more honest products that will perform better, are more reliable, and are even safer than anything you and your buddies have available to the unwitting public.

"AND CAR SALESMAN DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED WITH HOW THEY DO BUSSINES."

Sidestep it all you want. But your justifications do not change the fact that you and others like you are just as bad as the car salesmen you denounce, if not worse.

"LOOK YOU CANT EVEN GET THESE SPEAKERS IN STORES"

And there's good reason for that, too. Stores would never even think about stocking your product for the simple fact that they're horrible pieces of garbage, even when compared to Wal-Mart standards! Your products are a damning liability issue to any store that would be stupid enough to stock them.

Your speakers are lacking in quality in every conceivable area. There's no appreciable quality in the choice of components and construction and the engineering put into your products lack any sort of refinement and balance. All of the mentioned points are absolutely necessary in crafting a decent speaker. The enclosures of your speakers are highly resonant, wattage figures are the most highly exaggerated, frequency response curves take roller coaster qualities when they should be ruler-flat from low range to high, impedence curves are typically unstable and therefore makes running your speakers risky to amplification equipment, all of your speakers use cheap low power drivers with small gague wiring and crossovers with some models of your speakers actually using improperly configured crossovers, and your bi-wirable models are actually not bi-wirable and would damage amplifiers if set up in this manner.

Your product's only positive attribute are that they look nice from a distance. Ultimately, they are nothing more than products of dubious value, especially if they're overvalued at over a couple of thousand dollars according to your sales pitches when they're worth no more than anywhere between $50-$100, tops.

These hyperlinks go to comprehensive evaulations about two samples of these white van speakers.

http://www.nbc10.com/money2/3955579/detail.html

A news report which merely preaches to the choir here, but still makes valid points and gives good advice on what you should do if confronted by people like SPKR.GUY.

"SO BE HAPPY THAT YOU GOT THEM WHEN U HAD THE CHANCE ITS ALL GOOD YOULL THANK ME LATER TILL NEXT TIME TAKE CARE.S.T.F.O."

Yeah, right. Despite the fact that a lot of people who do buy your kinds of speakers become dissatisfied with them, and not necessarily because they find out by checking online. There are also people who get disappointed because the speakers stop working, the speakers never worked at all, the speakers caused damage to the amplification equipment, or the speakers end up getting blown from moderate loads that the cheapest speaker from a Best Buy is more than able to stand up to. Even Bose is better than your speakers!

I'm sure that many people here who have bought your product are more than willing to express their gratitude to you by kicking you in the posterior again and again up until your head falls off.

If anyone here wants a $2000+ speaker, they should spend that money on a set of B&Ws, not $175 or so on a set of Dogg(sh*t) Digitals and the like. - Reinhart

Happy Sucker
Unregistered guest
hey reinhart. i hear what your sayin but this wasnt the white van guys. my bud bought from them and they were carpeted pieces of sh-it. Obviously b&ws will be built better, but ur retarded if you think DR-1620s arent worth even 175. These things shake the very foundations of my house and theyre crystal clear. Id like to see someone get that for 175. THANKS AGAIN VAN GUYS

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
DEAR,MR RIENHART
FIRST OF ALL THE SYSTEMS THAT I SELL COULD NOT DO ANY DAMAGE TO ANY ONES AMPLIFIERS FOR THE #1 FACT THAT I ONLY DISTRIBUTE FULLY AMPLIFIED SUROUND SOUNDS THAT NEED NOTHING ELSE THAN WHATS IN THE BOX! THEY SOUND PRETTY DARN NICE IM NOT GOING TO ARGUE THE FACT THAT THERE NOT AS NICE AS BOSE OR B&WS,BUT FOR THE MONEY THERE NOT NOT BAD SYSTEMS,AND THERE ARE A LOT OF HAPPY CUSTYS AND SUCKERS OUT THERE THAT KNOW THAT THEY DO THERE JOB. I DONT WORK FOR ANY ONE ANY MORE WHEN I DID WORK FOR THE COMPANY I SOLD CRAP FOR THEM,BUT SINCE IVE BEEN AN INDIPENDENT I ONLY BY THE BEST THAT I CAN I WILLINGLY PAY THE EXTRA $100 A SET TO GIVE MY CUSTOMERS ONLY THE BEST! I ONLY SELL TO PEOPLE THAT THINK THEY ARE RIPPING OFF MY COMPANY AND EVEN ME MOST OF THEM ARE COOL DUDES AND I HAVE EVEN BEEN KNOWN TO GIVE REFUNDS TO A COUPLE OF THEM AND A LOT OF THE TIME I`LL DO HOOK UPS IN THERE HOUSE aND NEVER LOST A SALE FOR HOW CAN THAT BE WRONG IF THEY SEE THE BRAND HEAR THE EQUIPMENT AND HAPPILY BUY THEM. MY BRAND THAT I SELL COME A 3YEAR WARRENTY THATS 100% GOOD SO CHILL OUT WIENY REINY!!!PEACE OUT BRA

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
HAPPY SUCKER YOUR A COOL A $$ MOFO LITTLE THAT WIENY RIENY KNOWS THERE ARE MORE BUYERS LIKE U THAT ARE STOKED THAN PI$$ED OFF DORKS THAT COME HERE AND CRY AND FOR THOSE THAT ARE NOT HAPPY SUCKERS IM SORRY MAYBY U GOT A RATTLER U KNOW ONE OF THE ONES THE STUPID WAREHOUSE GUYS DROPED IF SO BETTER LUCK NXT TIME!!!!!!!STFO IM#1SPKR GUY!!!

Unregistered guest
"FIRST OF ALL THE SYSTEMS THAT I SELL COULD NOT DO ANY DAMAGE TO ANY ONES AMPLIFIERS FOR THE #1 FACT THAT I ONLY DISTRIBUTE FULLY AMPLIFIED SUROUND SOUNDS THAT NEED NOTHING ELSE THAN WHATS IN THE BOX!"

Big whoop. An HTIB product. It's about as good as a Coby, I'll bet.

I'll stick with component setups, like any other self-respecting audio enthusiast.

"THEY SOUND PRETTY DARN NICE IM NOT GOING TO ARGUE THE FACT THAT THERE NOT AS NICE AS BOSE OR B&WS,BUT FOR THE MONEY THERE NOT NOT BAD SYSTEMS"

You could get better sound from Panasonic HTIB systems, and they're nowhere near as good as a component setup driving a set of B&Ws.

"BUT FOR THE MONEY THERE NOT NOT BAD SYSTEMS,AND THERE ARE A LOT OF HAPPY CUSTYS AND SUCKERS OUT THERE THAT KNOW THAT THEY DO THERE JOB."

Suckers? So you admit that anyone who buys from you bought something that wasn't worth the money they sunk, huh?

"MY BRAND THAT I SELL COME A 3YEAR WARRENTY THATS 100% GOOD SO CHILL OUT WIENY REINY!!!"

First off, the warranty is only as good as the paper it's written on. Generally, warranties for white van products are never honored as getting into contact with the dealers and the manufacturers are next to impossible, so they're merely worthless selling points.

Meanwhile, components from companies such as Denon, Krell, Lexicon, etc. have warranties that are actually honored when a problem arises. You do spend more, but, as the old axiom goes, you get what you pay for.

As for "chilling out," I'm not the one shooting blatantly obvious, yet non-inflammatory insults in ALL CAPS with horribly crippled English. Some of your responses are so horribly written that I couldn't make sense out of some of the drivel you were writing!

Generally, such writing habits indicate a loud, boisterous, and perhaps even nervous behavior.

Maybe you ought to drink down a couple of shots of whiskey to settle down, eh?

It's either that, or you haven't mastered writing in the English language with any level of proficiency. - Reinhart

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"hey reinhart. i hear what your sayin but this wasnt the white van guys. my bud bought from them and they were carpeted pieces of sh-it. Obviously b&ws will be built better, but ur retarded if you think DR-1620s arent worth even 175. These things shake the very foundations of my house and theyre crystal clear."

You can make any speaker that can sound boomy or bright. But, it's far more difficult to make a speaker with a proper and balanced response throughout the entire frequency range.

True high fidelity is neutrality. In other words, the lows, mids, and highs are balanced and do not overpower each other when the tone settings on the preamp are configured to achieve a flat response. Doing this takes very careful component selection for the enclosure, drivers, and crossover network. It also takes careful design to determine the optimum placement of the drivers on the enclosure, particularly with drivers that emit sounds that are directional in nature, which are sounds essentially at about 50 Hz and above. This way, you hear the sound from all of the drivers when the speaker is placed at its optimum placement. And, these considerations are only part of making a good loudspeaker.

There's also internal bracing, which not only structurally reinforces the enclosure, but also modifies the case resonance. Adding internal absorbtion insulation helps to further deaden the case resonance as well as absorbing standing waves. Sympathetic resonation is what occurs when a sound is of a certain frequency that causes an object to resonate to it. For an exmaple of this phenomenon, this is what can cause a wine glass to shatter if exposed to the right frequency of sound of sufficient amplitude. This resonation adds a coloration to the sound which affects the accuracy of the loudspeaker. It also causes the case to rattle and vibrate whenever that sympathetic frequency is hit. As been stated before, internal bracing modifies the case resonance to the point where the required frequency to resonate the case is not only beyond the capabilities of the loudspeaker, but also out of the range of human hearing. Of course, it also helps to make the case more rigid.

There are also some ingenious designs from manufacturers such as Vandersteen, which have employed caseless frame designs for some of their loudspeakers, so case resonances with these kinds of models are a non-issue.

There's a lot more, but I'll close by saying this.

You can buy yourself a pair of Cerwin-Vega! E712 loudspeakers for about $400 and they will deliver a balanced and refined audio performance along with superior wattage handling that's measured conservatively, unlike your DR-1620s which likely has an unbalanced response and will likely have overinflated wattage figures. Your Digital Research speakers would likely catch fire well below the clipping threshold if driven by powerful class A amplification while the Cerwin-Vegas under the same situation would generate more than enough sound pressure levels to injure your hearing, and all without breaking a sweat. - Reinhart

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
REINHART OH NO!!ITS SO TRUE I CANT WRITE IN PROPER ENGLISH HA HAI HAVE TO MUCH $$$ TO CARE YES IM A HIGH SCH.DROP THAT MAKES 120K A YEAR HOW MUCH DID U MAKE LAST YEAR? I BET NOT AS MUCH AS ME OR IF SO YOUR A LIER! U TRY TOO HARD WIENY RIENY I KEEP THE CAPS LOCKED SO U KNOW ITS ME,I AM TRUELY SORRY THAT I LIVE UP TO YOUR STANDARDS RIENHART ,BUT WE ALL HAVE TO EAT SOME HOW SOME JUST BETTER THAN OTHERS$ I SELL 4-6 A DAY AND NO ONE HAS EVER SAID OH I HEARD ABOUT YOU ON THE INTERNET SO IF THINK THAT SO MANY PEOPLE COME THIS SITE YOUR WRONG NOT ENOUGH TO EFECT MY SALES. DID U KNOW THAT DIGITAL RESEARCH IS A KNOCK OFF OF THEATER RESEARCH YEP ITS THE TRUTH THE DRAGON LADIE SELLS REPLICAS OF MY EQUIPMENT SO FOR ALL THAT GET DIGITAL INSTED OF THEATER IM SORRY I DONT BUY FROM THE DRAG. LADIE CUZ SHE`S GOT SH!T COMPARED TO MY BRAND,AND EVERY YEAR THEY GET BETTER SO IN 5 YEARS THEY`L BE RAD DUDE

Nickyfrmvegas
Unregistered guest
lol lol lol lol lol lol :-)

WOW!!!!!!!!

O O
L

/\/\

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"REINHART OH NO!!ITS SO TRUE I CANT WRITE IN PROPER ENGLISH HA HAI HAVE TO MUCH $$$ TO CARE YES IM A HIGH SCH.DROP THAT MAKES 120K A YEAR HOW MUCH DID U MAKE LAST YEAR?"

You're quite lucky, if it's true (and I highly doubt it is, as crude and dishonest as you seem to be). Quite frankly, however, your finnancial claims are probably all hearsay.

There have been others in history that have made a lot of money on scams and, consequently, off of the misery of others. One example is Al Capone. The law got him on a technicality since he evaded his income taxes, but sometimes that's all it takes as he ended up a crippled has-been. As the saying goes, what goes around comes around.

You've made a living by selling out your own humanity. There's nothing more pitiful and worthless than a person who values money over their own personal integrity.

Besides, what does earning money have to do with the subject at hand? This is about warning people of the shoddy products that you and your brethren sell.

There's being a shady person by making money offering a product that's no good for the prices they sell for, much less prices represented by your bogus literature, then there's being honorable.

I prefer honor. Take everything away from a person and look at what that individual has left. If this were to happen to you, there would probably be nothing redeemable left.

"U TRY TOO HARD WIENY RIENY I KEEP THE CAPS LOCKED SO U KNOW ITS ME,I AM TRUELY SORRY THAT I LIVE UP TO YOUR STANDARDS RIENHART"

My criticism about your writing is about your nettiquette, or lack thereof. Typing ALL CAPS implies SHOUTING and is also ANNOYING to anyone who reads these things. Most people on the net prefer to read text that's properly written, not composed obnoxiously so.

It's not just me who feels this way, it's anyone else that may be reading these posts at this time.

Besides that, I still have my composure. Your mediocre attempts to insult me are about as inflammatory as white bread. But, I guess I can't expect any better from you since you don't have much of an education, as you've admitted to being a high school dropout.

If anything, this has been extremely entertaining. You're a lot of fun to pick on, and each post gets better and better as we see how less of a human being you are. It's so pitiful that it's almost comedic. And, it becomes more worthwhile as it contributes to informing people about this scam when they visit here

And, it's all very easy entertainment to earn, too as reading and contributing to these forums do not take very much to post and respond here.

Trying too hard? I don't think so. It certainly isn't very hard to boil your blood, that's for sure!

"BUT WE ALL HAVE TO EAT SOME HOW SOME JUST BETTER THAN OTHERS"

There's also stealing to eat, but that's wrong.

In your case, ripping people off to achieve a means is also bad enough as it is. The products sold by you guys are never used professionally or commercially and are not worth the ridiculous prices that are listed in the bogus magazines and other literature you provide as well as in your sales pitch. You also didn't actually have "extra" stuff leftover from an installation anywhere. It's all lies to push a buyer's greed towards doing something they should not do.

Granted, it's the buyer that buys, but it's you and others like you who have to deceive to make the buyer's thought process happen in the first place. In other words, it still doesn't change the fact that you have to lie worse than a politician to hock your wares.

Your belly may be full, but your soul is empty.

"DID U KNOW THAT DIGITAL RESEARCH IS A KNOCK OFF OF THEATER RESEARCH"

They're, more or less, the same as both Digital Research and Theater Research can be had only by buying from white van peddlers. The same also goes for Dahlton, Pro Audio, Dogg Digital, Digital Dogg Audio, Denmark, Acoustic Response, Grafdale, Digital Pro Audio, Skyline, Digital Audio Professional Speaker Systems, Epiphany Audio Speakers, LinearPhase, Protecsound, and countless other knockoff brands that could only be thought of by a low priced Chinese manufacturer.

It's, essentially, all the same. The same shoddy stuff from the same kind of slipshod organizations contributed for the same devious scam.

You say your different. The fact is, you and your like are all the same. You all support a scam, selling out your humanity for the love of money. You guys are worse than DaimlerChrysler! - Reinhart

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
RIENY MY BLOOD HAS NOT BOILED ONCE FROM MEANINGLESS OPINION OF ME AND MY PRODUCT EMPTY SOUL YOU SAID I THINK NOT RIEHART JUST IF YOU KNEW ME THEN MAYBE YOU`D BE IN A POSITION TO SAY WHAT`S IN MY SOUL BUT AS IT IS YOU SO PLEASE DONT ATTEMPT. AT LEAST I HAVE THE COMMIN SENCE NOT TO POINT OUT ANY THING ABOUT U THAN WHAT I READ FROM MUMBO JUMBO YOU FEEL COMPELED TO WRITE. NOW I THINK I`LL USE ONE OF YOUR ANOYING THINGS U DO AND QUOTE U (It`s all lies to push a buyer`s greed towards doing something they should not do.) YES KEY WORD "GREED" THERE OWN GREED IS WHAT PUSHES THEM TO BUY ALL I DO IS SIMPLY PRESENT A PRODUCT TO AND LET EVERY ONE MAKE UP THERE OWN MIND OF WHAT TO DO. WITH OUT SAYING ANYTHING THE SYSTEMS WOULD SELL THEM SELVES EVEN THOUGH I USE EVERY THING FROD LINE I GOT AND QUOTE THAT WHY DONT YOU CUZ THATS MY JOB AND THATS WHAT I DO,AND YOU CALLING THOSE SPEAKERS ALL KNOCK OFF`S JUST GOES TO SHOW HOW MUCH YOU KNOW.IN ORDER TO BE A KNOCK OFF THE NAME HAS TO IMITATING SOME PTHER KIND OF PRODUCT IN MOST OF THESE CASES THE NAME BRAND IS WHAT IT IS SO THERE NOT A KNOCK OFF SAY WHAT YOU WANT RIENER THE WIENER YOUR WRONG!!!!HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA IM #1 SPKR GUY SELL OUT!!S.T.F.O.

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"RIENY MY BLOOD HAS NOT BOILED ONCE FROM MEANINGLESS OPINION OF ME AND MY PRODUCT EMPTY SOUL YOU SAID I THINK NOT RIEHART JUST IF YOU KNEW ME THEN MAYBE YOU`D BE IN A POSITION TO SAY WHAT`S IN MY SOUL BUT AS IT IS YOU SO PLEASE DONT ATTEMPT. AT LEAST I HAVE THE COMMIN SENCE NOT TO POINT OUT ANY THING ABOUT U THAN WHAT I READ FROM MUMBO JUMBO YOU FEEL COMPELED TO WRITE"

And what would make my comments meaningless, exactly?

First off, calling your soul empty is, well, essentially accurate. You can't even fathom how you are hurting people and justify your own greed off of your customers by shifting the blame to them. In a way, this may be mildly psychotic behavior as you are willing to take advantage of people, repeatedly nonetheless, to achieve your own selfish goals without any thought as to how you may be hurting your customers. You're a slave to the money you try to swindle and you refuse to do the right thing. That pretty much sums up an ethically worthless person. And a people without ethics and values to guide them are people who, metaphorically speaking, don't have much of a soul.

As for the technical stuff, high fidelity is a hobby that I not only enjoy, but am very serious about. So serious, in fact, that I study a lot about it, including the importance of good loudspeaker design and placement. With this kind of understanding, I am easily able to come to the conclusion that your products are crap, and I've been able to explain why in more ways than one.

Like I said before, your junk isn't even Wal-Mart caliber, and a lot of audio products sold at Wal-Mart are pretty bad as it is.

I'm expecting more nonsensical clap trap from you. ;-p

"YES KEY WORD 'GREED' THERE OWN GREED IS WHAT PUSHES THEM TO BUY"

And your own "GREED" is what pushes you to sell. The only difference here is that you deliberately set the buyer up to buy worthless junk.

"ALL I DO IS SIMPLY PRESENT A PRODUCT TO AND LET EVERY ONE MAKE UP THERE OWN MIND OF WHAT TO DO."

How convenient. You ignore the fact that sellers like you employ high pressure tactics along with fabricated magazine reviews and flashy but dubious product literature containing a grossly exaggerated retail price to coerce a decision out of the prospective buyer. You dazzle the buyer with flash and a deal that's too good to be true so he is unable to reach a sensible and rational judgement. You impress your buyers for a product that, technically, will not deliver all of the performance characteristics that were promised. Furthermore, the people who bought them and tries to resell may never get all of their money back, much less make any kind of worthwhile profit.

The buyer bought with greed, but you sold while knowingly employing tactics that would illicit such responses. And, of course, the only motivator for doing such a thing is greed. Greedy buyer? Greedy seller.

And, if things weren't bad enough, sellers of your type have been known to shoot insults and even inflict physical harm against customers who refuse to stop and listen or refuse to buy.

The possibility of a dangerous attack is yet another reason to avoid doing business with people like you.

"AND YOU CALLING THOSE SPEAKERS ALL KNOCK OFF`S JUST GOES TO SHOW HOW MUCH YOU KNOW.IN ORDER TO BE A KNOCK OFF THE NAME HAS TO IMITATING SOME PTHER KIND OF PRODUCT IN MOST OF THESE CASES THE NAME BRAND IS"

A lot of the white van brands are knockoffs, like Dahlton, which is a knockoff of Dahlquist.

Acoustic Response, Theater Research, and Digital Research, which are knockoffs of Acoustic Research.

Grafdale, which is a knockoff of Wharfdale.

Linear Phase (a.k.a. Phase Linear), which is a knockoff of Linear.

Paradyme, which is a *BLATANT* knockoff of Paradigm. Different spelling, but both words sound the same. There is one critical difference: Paradyme makes crap that's worthless while Paradigm makes high performance speakers that are actually worth the retail prices they sell for.

Other brands, like Dogg Digital, are so horribly silly that no respectable brand would've had a name that was similar.

A knockoff has a much broader definition than you think. It can mean copying a brand name as well as copying a design invention from another company. Of course, copying design inventions from other companies has another name too: patent infringement.

"SAY WHAT YOU WANT RIENER THE WIENER YOUR WRONG!!!!HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA"

Your uncontrollable laughter may be a sign that you are developing dellusional tendencies. If I were you, I'd seek immediate psychiatric help.
:-p

That supossedly isn't a problem for you, a man with your alleged finances. - Reinhart

BlakeG
Unregistered guest
Im happy to report that anothers been caught. I had my bro look it up on the internet and the cops caught up to him, thankfully.
Spread the word to your friends and family so we can give these guy some good jail time, or at least give them an enormous fine. Just call the cops as yall are pulling over or something, and stall him.
And i dont feel bad about it at all because thats what they deserve- we cant give those people their money back that was stolen, but at least we can get the stealers.

GnarlyOc
Unregistered guest
Ha, i think thats crazy that this scam is so deep. Luckily i didnt get anything, but i didnt call the cops (which i should have). I dont see how they think they can do this for too much longer, people are starting to spread the word.. its getting pretty dangerous to one of those salesman.

Nickyfrmvegas
Unregistered guest
what were you going to say to the cops?
Would you lie to get what you want?
BECAUSE most of us have peddlers permits,and pay more in taxes than you make anually!
Reinhart pick this apart----YOU NEED TO OPEN YOUR EYES!
THE WORLD AND LIFE IS VERRY UNFAIR AND SOMETIMES JUST MEAN! So we came up with a product that works and sounds good. PLZ read the posts. MOST MOST ARE HAPPY ..... So (these days) we give a great product for the middel class,that otherwise would be denied this pleasure.SOME need to improve there buying skills,because as you know all of AMERICIA is a buyer or a seller. WITCH ONE ARE YOU?

Nickyfrmvegas
Unregistered guest
ALSO I TO MAKE HUDGE MONEY 13 YEARS IN BUIZ.I also have 1 house in vegas and 64 acr in my sneeky spot:-)
AND I PAY ALOT OF (LEAVE ME ALONE) TAXES. SO when you heare or read that a speaker sales person gets arested. lol its because he has a warrent. NOT because they are pushing speakers off the back of a truck! lol You know how many cops ive sold in the last 10 years lol lol They sometimes come bye the office to have a cup of coffie. TAX ID PEDDELERS PERMIT RE-SALE # all of it....... YOU WILL NEVER STOP ME

CANT STOP KIDS IN PRIVATE SCHOOL>>>> wife is blonde and spoiled(big breast 2) lol 4 cars and a retirment plan equall to your LIFE wages lol good luck with that sh it lol

AND unlike ALL COPONE....... I listen to my 3 law ferms that we have on retainerlol

I to cant spell to well.......But ...I like how my banker put it.DONT NEED TO SPELL WELL..TO COUNT

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
YO FAKEG WHY DO WANT TO WASTE THE COP`S TIME WHEN THEY COULD BE BUSTING SOME CRACK HEAD OR SOMETHING PEOPLE LIKE YOU END UP WASTING MY TIME THE TIME OF THE POLICE AND IF YOU DONT CARE ABOUT THAT WHAT ABOUT YOUR OWN TIME? IS IT THAT WORTHLESS? IT PROBALY IS! HEY YOU KNOW THE SAYING IF YOU BEAT EM JOIN EM MAYBE INSTEAD OF CALLING THE COPS YOU SHOULD ASK IF THEY HAVE AN OPENING I GURANTEE YOU MORE MONEY THAN YOU CURRENTLY PRODUCE! OR NEVER MIND WE DONT WANT PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT CALL THE COPS ON SALESMAN THAT ARE DOING NOTHING WRONG QUIT WASTEING MIEN,AND OTHER TAX PAYER`S MONEY THAT PAY`S THE POLICE. ALL THAT HAPPENS WHEN WE GET PULLED OVER IS THAT WE SHOW THEM ARE INVOICE THAT PROVES WE BOUGHT THEM AND DEPENDING ON THE CITY PULL MY SOLITORS PERMIT EVERY THING WILL CHECK OUT CUZ IT`S LEGIT THEN IM ON MY WAY TO HUSTLE ANOTHER. OH WIENY RIENY QUIT SPEAKING OF THEATER RESEARCH AND DOGG DIGITAL LIKE THERE TWO DIFFERENT COMPANY`S SHMUCK!

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"Reinhart pick this apart----YOU NEED TO OPEN YOUR EYES!
THE WORLD AND LIFE IS VERRY UNFAIR AND SOMETIMES JUST MEAN!"

That is true. But you must also remember that unfairness goes both ways. You are just as likely to be at the receiving end of an unpleasant situation as any of your customers.

"So we came up with a product that works and sounds good."

Now that's rich! Very funny.

"So (these days) we give a great product for the middel class,that otherwise would be denied this pleasure.SOME need to improve there buying skills,because as you know all of AMERICIA is a buyer or a seller. WITCH ONE ARE YOU?"

Both.

"SO when you heare or read that a speaker sales person gets arested. lol its because he has a warrent."

That, or they assaulted a customer. Or, they had fake identification. Or, they were peddling merchandise on property when they did not get prior permission to do so.

"AND unlike ALL COPONE....... I listen to my 3 law ferms that we have on retainerlol"

Al Capone was successful in his operations because everything he did was hidden behind legitimate businesses. He covered his tracks so well that the only thing he was convicted for was income tax evasion. He was never convicted for his bootlegging, nor was he convicted for murder. He died of complications from syphilis in his Florida mansion. - Reinhart

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"OH WIENY RIENY QUIT SPEAKING OF THEATER RESEARCH AND DOGG DIGITAL LIKE THERE TWO DIFFERENT COMPANY`S SHMUCK!"

It doesn't matter as they both make worthless merchandise. They are not a recognized name and they haven't achieved anything meaningful. All they do is make products in the cheapest way possible supported by high pressure and deception to sell to an unwitting public.

Take it from someone whose experience includes Studer, Sony, Denon, Onkyo, Krell, Lexicon, Parasound, Bang and Olufsen, B&W, Bose, Martin Logan, Pioneer, Paradigm, Velodyne, Jamo, Akai, Matsushita/National/Technics/Panasonic/Quasar, Sansui, JVC, Marantz, Philips, Roland, Mitsubishi, Ampex, Tascam/Teac, Harman/Kardon, Bryston, Luxman, Carver, Sunfire, Linear, Polk, RCA, Cerwin-Vega!, Sharp, Yamaha, Linaeum, Apple, Commodore, Texas Instruments/Burr-Brown, Analog Devices, LSI Logic, nVidia, Zoran, Hitachi, Samsung, Toshiba, Fisher, Sanyo, LG, Klipsch, Loewe, Nokia, ABIT, Thomson, KLH, Dual, Intel, AMD, Micron, Daewoo, Nintendo, Sega, Recoton, Jensen, Zenith, General Electric, NEC, Koss, Sennheiser, Shintom, Apex, Norcent, Coby, MTX, Shure, Acurus, Ortofon, Asus, Faroudja, FujiFilm, Mirage, Definitive, Stanton, AudioTechnica, Dynaco, NAD, Wollensack, Packard Bell, Bell&Howell, Elmo, Advent, Nakamichi, Kodak, DiscoVision, DBX, Kawasaki, Dolby Laboratories, DTS, Runco, Hewlett-Packard, Theta Digital, MSI, Linn, Electrohome, Whafedale, Oki, Infinity, Craig, Avid, Soundesign, Orion, GoVideo/Sonic Blue, CyberHome, Memorex, TDK, BASF, Lite-On, Ilford, RadioShack/Realistic/Optimus, Crown, Gemini, Thorens, Alpine, SGI, Kenwood, Rubycon, Blaupunkt, Nikon, Funai, Aiwa, Outlaw Audio, AKG, Neumann, Mackie, Peavey, Marshall, Biostar, Thorn, CBS, Sampoo, Videonics, Elna, Vandersteen, Grand Prix, Nichicon, Tozai, Polaroid, Arri, ILO, Durabrand, Motorola, KMC, Canon, Nikko, Panavision, Monster Cable, Acoustic Research, Electrovoice, Kurtzweil, Curtis Mathes, and more.

Having this level of familiarity with both consumer and professional A/V, film, and computer equipment of all sorts of quality in use and repair, both personally and professionally, including some that are terrible, helps me to weed out what works well and what works terribly.

Also, being involved in the professional field, I can say with complete certainty and with no exaggeration that NOT ONE of any white van products are ever used professionally, regardless of what any of you salesmen say.

Since I know about this stuff, I cannot settle for less. Your merchandise is less than what is truly acceptable for good audio to professional standards, so I go for new and used equipment from decent manufacturers than new, grossly exaggerated low-fi from a no-name brand sold out of the back of a van.

My opinion still stands for any prospective customer to take their business to a fair and reputable hi-fi store, where they will honor any warranty claims and valid returns without question and with complete certainty.

If people find your merchandise acceptable, fine. But it still doesn't change the truth that what you sell is inferior and what you do is unethical. And, things that are unethical and wrong aren't necessarily illegal.

To use an acronym that you are so found of using yourself, I suggest that you STFO. 8-)
- Reinhart

Username: Notsobright

Pennsylvania U.S.A

Post Number: 6
I hate to be involved in heated discussion like this one but i have to say that i agree with Reinhart. If DOGG DIGITAL and THEATER RESEARCH were so great, then you WOULD NOT NEED salesmen driving around the Globe in white vans to sell them. If they were a good brand, people would DRIVE their ar$e to the store to buy them. See the difference there Nickyfrmvegas?

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
LISTEN UP RIENHART WE ALL KNOW WHAT THESE SYSTEMS ARE AND DOES IT LOOK LIKE I CARE? THE THING IS YOU HAPPEN TO FIND SOME KIND OF WIERD PLEASER IN TRYING TO MAKE THEM SOUND WORSE THAN THEY REALY ARE. YA DU! THERE NOT BOSE,BUT THEY DO WORK AND THEY GET BETTER ALL THE TIME. GET A THEATER RESEARCH MODEL# TR606,AND LISTEN WITHOUT FIRST PASSING JUDGEMENT ON THEM AND YOU`LL SEE THAT FOR A FEW HUN. THERE NOT THAT BAD AT ALL. SO I`LL ASK YOU NICELY TO CHECK OUT SOME OF THE NEW STUFF BEFORE YOU KEEP BAGING ON THEM.YES I KNOW THAT MOST OF MODELS THAT HAVE SOLD IN THE LAST FEW YEARS OF THE DOGG DIG. ARE NOT THAT GOOD,BUT SINCE THEY HAVE BECOME THEATER RESEARCH,AND ONLY IF YOU SPEND THE EXTRA $ ON THE GOOD ONES THEY`LL SHAKE YOUR HOUSE AND SOUND GOOD DOING IT! I`LL THE FIRST TO SAY THAT I DONT HAVE YOUR EXPERTEISE IN HOME AUDIO BUT THE AVERAGE SHMO THEY GET THE JOB DONE AND THEY MAKE THEM HAPPY UNTIL THEY GET ON HERE AND LISTEN TO SOME DORK LIKE YOU THAT TELLS THEM THE WARRENTY DOES`NT WORK AND A BUNCH MORE B.SH!T THEN THERE NOT HAPPY ANY MORE FUNNY HOW THAT WORK`S.IF YOU ASK ME YOUR THE SCAM MAN!!!

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"LISTEN UP RIENHART WE ALL KNOW WHAT THESE SYSTEMS ARE AND DOES IT LOOK LIKE I CARE? THE THING IS YOU HAPPEN TO FIND SOME KIND OF WIERD PLEASER IN TRYING TO MAKE THEM SOUND WORSE THAN THEY REALY ARE."

There's nothing invalid about my opinion or advice.

If anything, it's you who thinks that they're more than they really are. Probably a way to try and "save the sale."

"GET A THEATER RESEARCH MODEL# TR606,AND LISTEN WITHOUT FIRST PASSING JUDGEMENT ON THEM AND YOU`LL SEE THAT FOR A FEW HUN. THERE NOT THAT BAD AT ALL. "

I've seen and heard. They're crap, period. They don't compare to my Optimus Mach Threes, much less a set of Klipsch.

"I DONT HAVE YOUR EXPERTEISE IN HOME AUDIO BUT THE AVERAGE SHMO THEY GET THE JOB DONE AND THEY MAKE THEM HAPPY UNTIL THEY GET ON HERE AND LISTEN TO SOME DORK LIKE YOU THAT TELLS THEM THE WARRENTY DOES`NT WORK AND A BUNCH MORE B.SH!T THEN THERE NOT HAPPY ANY MORE FUNNY HOW THAT WORK`S.IF YOU ASK ME YOUR THE SCAM MAN!!!"

You admit that you don't have expertise in the field you deal with. If your expertise is in question, then why should your opinion about your own product be valid? Why should people take you and your product seriously in this case?

And why would I be a "scam man?" All I'm doing is stating truths and pointing out flaws in your own business and products. You're just desperately trying to turn the argument around.

Sorry that this is proving to be very difficult for you to manage the dynamics of the argument. But, the truth is a highly powerful weapon that is proving to disprove you.

Please do have a nice day. Something tells me you really need one. Heheheheh. 8-D - Reinhart

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
OH YA RIENY NO ONES GONNA BEAT YOU UP FOR NOT BUYING THERE SPEAKERS NO ONE I KNOW WOULD EVEN CONCIDER IT SO IF THERE HAS EVER BEEN ANY PEOPLE LIKE THAT THERE NOT LASTING FOR LONG IN THIS LINE OF WORK OR EVEN IN LIFE. ONE MORE THING THEATER RESEARCH HAS A NEW LINE OF SPEAKERS OUT THAT ARE GOING IN STORES. YA NO B.S. NOT WALLYWORLD OR K-SNOT BUT HIGH END AUDIO STORES I`D TELL YOU THE NAME,BUT THEN YOU`D JUST SLANDER IT ALL OVER THE INTERNET. YOU TALK ABOUT HOW SUCCESFULL AL COPONE WAS THEN GO ON TO TELL HIS LIFE STORY THAT WE ALL ALREADY KNEW MAYBE SUCCESSFULL FOR A SHORT WILE,BUT NOT SMART ENOUGH TO PAY TAXES. SUCCESSFULL OR LUCKY FOR A LITTLE BIT? I GOT TO GO COUNT MY $$$$$!!

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"ONE MORE THING THEATER RESEARCH HAS A NEW LINE OF SPEAKERS OUT THAT ARE GOING IN STORES. YA NO B.S. NOT WALLYWORLD OR K-SNOT BUT HIGH END AUDIO STORES"

As the old saying goes, I'll believe it when I see it. Furthermore, this would give more great opportunities to check and compare. As for slandering businesses that choose to stock them, why would I? They don't pull the same kind of crap that you people do to score a sale and to keep the money.

If anything, I'd like to hear the salesmen's remarks about Theater Research. They'd probably crack some great jokes while they steer their customers towards their better offerings from the better known brands.

BTW, I thought you considered "Theater Research" to be junk, so why the support for them all of a sudden?

"I GOT TO GO COUNT MY $$$$$!!"

Yeah. Go count your dirty money. You've certainly earned it, didn't you?

Like I've said and suggested about you and others like you before: soulless and dishonorable. - Reinhart

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
RIENHART THE SYSTEMS THAT WILL BE IN STORES WILL NOT THE THEATER RESEARCH NAME BRAND NOR WILL THERE BE ANY WAY TO CONNECT THE TWO SORRY IM IN A HURRY ILL TELL MORE LATER.

Anonymous

Yeah! Me too, I also got scammed today. Two guys in a Home Depot parking lot in The mall of the Americas in Miami florida. They told me that they just finish doing and intalletion in a club and that they had one extra pair left of Da 5.1 Pro-Series III and they were going to get in trouble if they took it back to their boss so they need it to sell it. I offer them $200.00 and they took it and told me that if I see them around again to buy them a beer, right, I better not see them around again. They even followed me to the bank so that I could withdraw the money. I feel so stupid. Well at least I only offer them $200.00, thank god it wasen't more then that.

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
YO 200$ DUDE THE SYSTEM YOU GOT WASNT THE BEST IF YOU WANT MAKE THE BEST OF IT THIS WHAT TO DO. GO DOWN TO YOUR LOCAL PAWN SHOP TO BUY A RECIEVER GET A 5.1 CHANNEL RECIEVER 500-1000WATTS WOULD DO FINE THEN YOU CAN HOOK UP EACH SPEAKER INDEPENDENTLY AND YOU`LL GET GOOD SOUND TRUST ME I HAD THE SAME SYSTEM FOR TWO YEARS HOOKED UP TP ONKYO 550WATT RECIEVER,AND IT ROCKED! GOOD LUCK P.S. TAKE IT EASY

Got Slammed
Unregistered guest
I got slammed today in Portland O.R. by two white guys in there early twentys. They were driving a black expedition.Same story most of it anyway,but the system I got is A suround sound that coame with 4 big tower`s then another box that had the the sub and center speaker in it the sub has a 1000 watt amp that pushes the system real nice I was totaly surprised because of what I read on here, but never the less my system kicks butt for the 600$ i gave them Im very happy and I would reffer Theater Research to any of my friends or family well Im going to go watch saveing private ryan on my new system! P.S. thnx guy`s you rock.

Username: Turbodog

Post Number: 6
There are elements of this whole thing that stink, and others that are just free enterprise at work. After all, Mike Dell made his fortune by buying the cheapest available PC components, assembling them in his garage, then selling the finished units for slightly less than folks were paying for name-brand PC's (IBM, etc) of the time. These guys are doing much the same. On the other hand, Dell stood behind his product. You could find him if your PC took a dump. These guys seem to be pretty elusive when it comes to 'support after the sale'.

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
YO RICK NOLAN
YOU CANT SAY EVERYONE THAT SELLS SPEAKERS ARE THE SAME FOR THE FACT THAT A LOT OF THEM ARE HARD TO FIND,BUT ALOT ARE NOT LIKE ME IM EASY TO FIND FOR THE FACT THAT I GIVE MY # TO ALMOST EVERY ONE THAT I SELL. I ALSO STAND BEHIND THE WARRENTYS.

Reinhart
Unregistered guest
"YO 200$ DUDE THE SYSTEM YOU GOT WASNT THE BEST IF YOU WANT MAKE THE BEST OF IT THIS WHAT TO DO. GO DOWN TO YOUR LOCAL PAWN SHOP TO BUY A RECIEVER GET A 5.1 CHANNEL RECIEVER 500-1000WATTS WOULD DO FINE THEN YOU CAN HOOK UP EACH SPEAKER INDEPENDENTLY AND YOU`LL GET GOOD SOUND TRUST ME I HAD THE SAME SYSTEM FOR TWO YEARS HOOKED UP TP ONKYO 550WATT RECIEVER,AND IT ROCKED! GOOD LUCK P.S. TAKE IT EASY"

Don't you mean a receiver that is marketed to deliver about 75-100 watts per channel (although most receivers usually only manage about 50-70 watts in this case).

But, what about 2-channel stereo performance from sources like a CD, LP, or a non-matrixed stereo movie soundtrack (stereo movie soundtrack not having Dolby Surround encoding)?

5.1 sets sound okay in surround, but are usually terrible in 2-channel. - Reinhart

SPKR.GUY
Unregistered guest
THANX FOR CLEARIN THAT UP RIENHART. WE ALL THANK YOU VERY MUCH,BUT I`LL TELL YOU WHAT I DID.I HAD MY SYSTEM HOOKED UP THROUGH THE 5.1,AND I WILL AD THAT IT SOUNDED VERY NICE. THEN MY CD PLAYER HAD THE LEFT CHAN. HOOKED UP TO THE FRONT AND REAR LEFT SPEAKERS,AND THEN THE SAME THING ON THE RIGHT CHANNEL WITH QUICK CONNECT ON THE WIRES NEAR THE CD PLAYER SO WHEN I WAS DONE WITH THE CD PLAYER I WOULD DISCONECT THE WIRES TO MAKE SURE NO ONE COULD TURN ON BOTH AT THE SAME TIME. NOT A BAD IDEA HU RIENHART?

Username: Radone

Sydney, NSW Australia

Post Number: 2
Why are you guys so mad at these 'speakermen'. If they sold them to you at $130 at a Best Buys or Circuit City would you still feel like you got scammed or would you buy them at all? Some of you are quite happy with the sound but still say you got scammed but only paid $130. Is it because they got you with the silly story about the warehouse loading too many or just because the rrp is $2,000? If the rrp was $300 would you have still bought them at $130? Doubtful, you wouldn't think you were getting such a great deal. If you paid $500 for them - work on your negotiating skills (and spelling). If you paid $130 you got what you paid for. I'm in sales and know psychological selling. I shouldn't be telling you this but it might be for you own good the next time someone wants to sell you something. If you want sell something you show them the super high price first. You wait for them to say 'No'. You then show them the medium price, which may be at or a little above what they can afford but it is a relief compared to the super high price. They buy. They feel relieved because they didn't pay the super high price and they feel they got a bargain. The tension of a higher price was broken. Additionally, fear of losing is stonger then benefit of saving. You guys didn't want to lose out on a quick bargain and felt the pressure to buy. They didn't pressure you, but by creating a feeling of losing out on such a great deal, you succombed to human nature. JC Penney and other companies do this all the time: "Two days only, 50% off Sale. Don't miss out". You don't know it but you got pressured by the thought of losing and reacted by buying. Sit back and watch commercials carefully, you'll start to see it. Companies have put millions of dollars in to sales psychology but you need to be smarter than that. The 'Speakermen' are no exception, except they sell them out of the back of a white van and ask for beer. Besides who buys $2,000 anything without researching it first?

Username: Radone

Sydney, NSW Australia

Post Number: 3
Hey SPKR.GUY. I might quit my job and set it up here in Sydney, Australia. I guess the only risk is people that think they got scammed coming back to get you. Other than that it sounds like a pretty good gig.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us