ONKYO HT-S650 Chirping in Pro Logic II Mode

I recently got an Onkyo HT-S650 based on the overwhelming recommendations on this board and elsewhere. I love it! So glad I didn't wait to save for the bose. However, I recently noticed that when I watch programs on Dish Network in Dolby Pro Logic II Movie mode, I get sort of a weird chirping sound out of the front and surround speakers, almost like a feedback kind of sound. Really the best description would be to say it sounds like there are aliens in the speakers :-)
Any suggestions?

Mark
A very similar thing is happening with mine and my cablevision digital cable. I'm not sure what it is but it doesnt happen on every channel. My guess is its something with the channels not the system.

Now that you mention it, I'm noticing that it is only on certain channels. Maybe I'll email Dish Network about it. What's a good alternative setting? TV Logic?
Thanks.

fartboy
You're probably hearing digital artifact emitted by the cable signal. Just garbage from a crap digital source. Not the receiver.

Anonymous
i was going through Cnet consumer review on Onkyo 650 and maybe your problem is same as this guy...

http://electronics.cnet.com/electronics/0-9400734-1318-9952795.html?pn=1&lb=2&ob=0&tag=st.ce.9400734.top.9952795-1
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us