Which DPLII Listening Mode to use on Onkyo HT S650 ?

Sooznd
I have a question and observation.
I find that I prefer listening to VHS & Cable TV with the system set in "stereo" mode rather than Dolby Pro Logic II. Seems like all I get with DPLII is mostly sound from the center speaker and
very little from the fronts. Is this the way it is supposed to sound? Also playing videos in DPLII in "music" mode rather than "movie" mode sounds better to me. Does anyone else prefer this as well?
Am wondering if I have everything set up correctly? Dolby Digital 5.1 & DTS on DVD's sound
excellent.
Thanks again for any insight & comments.

Anonymous
Sounds like it's setup right. You have a choice of what sound is best to your tastes. I have the 494 model, sometimes I have it in movie format, sometimes in music. Movie format sound is more to the center speaker. So bottom line if you like the music one use that or the movie one if you like. Sound tracks are different from program to program. Onkyo makes fine receivers.

Sooznd
Thanks, Anonymous for the response.

I love the Onkyo 650 system and am glad to know I've set it up correctly.
It's great to have such a choice of sound modes to select from. Movies with lots of dialogue may work better with "movie" mode for listening. But movies with good musical soundtrack sound best to me in "music" mode.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us