Archive through July 26, 2005

Chuck Jones
Unregistered guest
Atlanta, GA
April 14, 2005
N. Druid Hills Village Shopping Center.
Out $150.
I think it just primarily sucks to know I got played, but then again I was asking for it because anybox that has a big star with the word "NEW!" inside of it is not necessarily high end goods. The speakers are Digital Research DA 5-1 Pro Series III. Have any of you actually tried these yet?

ATL
Unregistered guest
Atlanta, GA
April 15, 2005
Midtown Area
Out $300. I just actually checked this site after I bought it to look up the value of it. DAMN!!! I haven't actually opened the box yet to check out the real value. This site now has me too pissed to open it.

SincerelyCanada
Unregistered guest
Hey, I am not sure if I just got scammed by these speaker guys you all are talking about because I can even figure out how to plug these things in? Can anyone help cause the people didn't even have the common courtesy to provide instructions....anyone please? Give me a chance to assess whatever quality they are (I have DR-1610 speakers)

This is dumb
Unregistered guest
I didn't get scammed per se. These speakers are definately not what they say they are. I only paid $150 for a 2x10" 1000watt sub woofer and enclosure. The guy was in his midtwenties and drove a white chevy truck.

He had a phone number ... 727-481-7560. Claimed that he had a plasma TV with him as well. I don't think this is the same scam since the 727 area code is a local number. This took place outside a gas station in Tarpon Springs. The guy claimed his name was Howard.

Good news
Unregistered guest
I just saw on the news that two men were arrested in Tampa, Florida after these guys tried to swindle a smart cop who called his buddy at the station.

The cop stalled them for a few minutes until a patrol car pulled up and claimed that it was illegal to sell wares on the property of an established business without written consent (which it is.) Cop checked both their IDs, which were fakes and it just so happens that having an illegal ID is a felony and they were arrested but the patrolman and the off-duty cop =-p

A detective came on and said that they estimate many more cons are out there (in Tampa) and the detective opened an official investigation on the scam.

IT WILL NOT END
Unregistered guest
I dont see why u people want to go out and "kill" these people. they are just doing their job..which is selling you decent quality speakers at a fair price (if your smart enough).. .ive bought speakers that were 300 a piece that didnt sound as good as these. anyway this compnay will grow anyway u look at it cause it is "legit" items that are NOT stolen and the fact that all of you want to come on here and give them a bad name is absolute Bull..

renhoack31
Unregistered guest
i dont know i have a set of them the da-v ones they sound ok but i use them with my polk towers one set on a one on b and they sound great they pick up more highs my polks have more bass but i paid 110 at a pawn shop so as far as im concerned they are just fine i only wanted them for the rears but hookrd the whol thing up to see how they sound im not sure why everyone is griping about them i know home stuff and they are just fine i dint think they would sound as good as they do

Anonymous

can anyone scan me a copy of a receipt that they got from these guys???

you can email me at iamthealphaandtheomega2003@yahoo.com

thanks!!

OH SO HOT!
Unregistered guest
This is hilarious. My friend got SCAMMED last night in Menominee, WI. Green Chevrolet Taho with Alaskan plates. Same the same as everyone else. I wasn't gonna buy that sh**, but my friend did, actually he bought 2 and borrowed 200 bucks from me, ha, I'll be taking that 200 bucks back for sure. 540 dollars down, but at least my friend got his phone number, which is temporarily out of service because the scammer didn't pay his bill...hahahahaha... out of service my a**....I asked to see a business card, but to no avail...that was the deciding factor for me, and that I don't buy off-brand speakers off the streets of Menominee. These guys drive a ways I'm guessing so that police can't trace them as easily, tried to get the license plate, but was too busy lending my friend 200 bucks. I'm glad I didn't pay for this shhhh----***

markk
Unregistered guest
damn...

Anonymous

Hey everyone I recently got duped on ebay into buying a speaker system by Theater Innovations (another scam, pretty sure they're related), the TI-440M, from someone who may have been a victim and was trying to just get rid of it. Although the price offered was low and I bought it for just $110 including s/h, the desc. still had the bullshit MSRP of $3000. I hooked up the speakers, they're not too bad, not that great, if I find a better deal for better speakers I will probably buy them and try to sell the TI-440M on ebay BUT with an honest description just to try to salvage some money. I have no idea what they're really worth, I'm guessing around $50 or so, I could be wrong. Anyways, just wanted to share the thought that you could always try to sell them on ebay, but please do it in an honest manner or else you're no better than the scum selling them out of vans.

Anonymous

oops, meant to post this link, saw this as a good model to use for trying to get rid of your crap on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14993%26item%3D5770200943 %26%26

Anonymous

damn! damn! damn! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
i bought these digital research 5.1 "platnum series" speakers like 3 days ago and i just found out today. i was actually tryina sell them to my homeboy at work for 400 dollars then he walks back to me with a smurk on his face and hands me a print out of these idots confessions. damn i feel like a clown, but hey i still havent tore the plastic off these shitty speakers so i'm taking them to the pond shop this weekend. i paid 200 dollars for them, same story, i'm in fort lauderdale, 2 fat italians got me... i'm pretty sure i can get at least 250 for them at the pond shop, if i cant i might have to borrow my homeboys expedition, but if i ever see them again its over for them believe that,

Anonymous

I am so pissed I just got scammed outside of a Best Buy in Panama City, Fl. I hope they get these fu**ers. Same story guy pulls up as I am walking out says you want some speakers. I say no...I should have left it at that but I talked to him told me the same story about excess inventory and told me how he didnt want his boss to have1 them cause he would just keep them...Wanted me to go to the ATM I said no...I gave him all the cash I had in my wallet $123 said you are getting such a good deal if you ever see me out buy me a beer...If I ever see that guy out I will put my foot up his as* and give him a whole lot more than a beer. He was a chunky white guy with earnings a thin beard with no mustache driving a goldish mini van. I hope they get these rim job masters and they better hope they don't cross my path.

scmmeadeagain
Unregistered guest
Got scammed today too. At a marsh superstore. Like everyone else, i was thinking....man you can sell them and get some cash back. Now i now, no more shopping off of ford suv's. Life lessons

Anonymous

scammed in chicago today from 2 guys in a navy van. me and a buddy paid 150 each for them. it sounds like the same guys. they wanted me to buy them a beer since they were giving me such a good deal. i even got an invoice slip from the guys.

First Class Connections, Inc
Addison, IL

It dont think the place even exists anymore.

The people who posted above are right. I deserved being scammed for how much of an idiot i am.

hosed in the bay
Unregistered guest
Just bought the sound system in parking lot at work. Haven't got a chance to open it but boy am I excited!!! I got it for such a great deal $125.00
I'm pretty sure I'll be really pissed off tonight....

Anonymous

I just baught a pair in Orlando, FL. Im such an idiot I payed 300 for both and they said the same stuff showed me a magazine and everything. I got the L P number X76-BLK and it was a Silver Ford Explorer Im going to look for em now

sucker
Unregistered guest
Yeah guys, I got taken... I bought these speakers just last weekend!!... April 30*... I was coming out of a best buy empty handed and alone... I was driving away, and these 2 guys in a grey van flag me down!...yelling at me, telling me if i want a good deal on a home theater, and since i'm moving out, i thought it was a great deal... and well to make a long story short, I fell for it, they wanted something like 600 hundred for it, but i told them all i can give them is 300 bucks because thats all i can take out of the atm... (thank god you cant take more than 300).. and well i'm out 300 bucks on the Digital Research 5.1 2000 bullshit...

shitty
Unregistered guest
yo, maybe if we shut down this forum no one would no about them and we could sell them back and still at least make our mone back. DAM..................right after they were leaving i was telling myself i should have got the licensce number

speakersister
Unregistered guest
As a relative of two speakermen, I just thought you guys would get some comfort in knowing that speakermen love these websites. They get on here and crack up. There are speakermen out there who have been doing this for over ten years now...using the same pitch! There will always be people out there who are facinated by "great deals." These guys aren't going anywhere. My brothers make a very good living doing this, and they have fun doing it. The truth is, it's not that the speakers are bad, it's that they get them for so cheap wholesale. They are making good money off of you even if you pay $100. Just relax! All of you guys were down with the scam before you saw this site. These guys do get up everyday and work, its like any other sales job, just on the street. Give them a break. You kind of have to anyway because they are doing absolutely NOTHING illegal. If they got arrested, they'd have to arrest every legitimate salesman too. They are all buying wholesale and selling at very high mark ups. That is the American way. You think you got scammed? Just take a look at all the stuff in your house, and think about how much you paid for it, and how much it cost to make. All of us get scammed everyday. Sites like this are the scam. All of you are falling for it. You just beleive that the speakers suck because you're reading it. Plug them in and you'll see, they're not bad. All I know is my brothers and their speakerman friends are all living pretty good lives off of all of you innocent victims agreeing to steal from the companies that they claim to work for. Who's the theif now??

Anonymous

No SHI.........!!!! LOL, LOL, Just P/U a pair of Digital Reasearch DR-2810 Tower speakers for $145.00 may be a scam or not, but they don't sound to bad, abit boomy (heavy on the bass) but OK for $145.00 including tax(wink wink/nugh nugh, say no more.) I don't think I could have bought more speaker for the money, but wait until the next guy, I'm going to try $50.00 LOL!
That would be a deal.

speakers_work
Unregistered guest
Speakers work very well. Just get a good amplifier or reciever, understand the schematics for the speakers and you are good to go.
By the way, i am looking for those tower speakers, any body wants to give em away for a reasonable price. Holla at me. genuine_brotha@hotmail.com
thank you

Username: Androgen

Post Number: 1
i picked up a set of these and hooked them up to a technics surround amp. i gotta tell ya, they sound pretty decent. and as far as a "scam" is concerned, i agree with speakersister above. we all pay more than what something costs. how much more depends on a lot of things. but for these speakers, $250 is a fair deal. and NO, i do not drive around in a white van....

Anonymous

I just found these guys here in Salt Lake City UT today, about 20 minutes ago walking out of a
7-11. They gave the whole pitch about the warehouse giving them too many speakers and having to unload 2 before they got to the customers install. I was taken by these guys a few years ago and recognized the whole thing immediately. I got the licence plate #(335 VKT) Utah plates on about a 1998 Green Ford Explorer. I called the police who put out an APB immediately. I hope this bunch of a$$ holes gets what they deserve.

Anonymous

May 6th 2005 - Keep on the lookout in College towns like Moorhead Kentucky. My son got taken for $150.00 & he can't get them to work at all.

Anonymous

May 9th 2005- Anyone from long island look out for an old blue minivan. older chubby man from huntington showed me his drivers license, picture of kids, maagazine etc. who kept talking about beer. It happened in stony brook outside a bank

Unregistered guest
That is exactly where I was...

"...Atlanta, GA
April 14, 2005
N. Druid Hills Village Shopping Center..."

I got hit by the Arbys on North Druid Hills Rd. I bet it is the same guys.
I could describe the features. Both guys were big, but not tall, not really fat. White, about 30-35. I noticed he had some Acne Scars on his face. The van I think was blue, pretty big SUV. I thought the company was "Sound Vision?.

I left my email below.

AGuyAtlanta
Unregistered guest
One more comment, I will have to say that is a pretty elaborate scheme. They had the van, and I pretty sure it had a logo on it. The had more speakers in the car, so you are thinking that maybe they are legit.

The two things that made me hesitate, and made me knew it was a scam(even though, I gave the money). They wouldn't take No for answer. Any salesman will enventually "Give up". These guys would not give up at all. I kind of saw a glimmer of "This might get dangerous, so I kind of went along".

The second thing, the price. $2000 speakers don't just disappear. There are probably all kinds of forms and things that have to be signed for a purchase that big. A company doesn't just lose thousand dollar items. Plus, don't most sound companys do credit checks and whatever.

I gave up my money, but at least I knew it was a scam. I opened the box once they drove off, I was expecting wooden boards or something. Surprised there speakers inside, actually packaged and everything. Well, that is life, I guess.

Unregistered guest
lol yesterday they offered me a deal in Illinois Rosement at Allstate Arena. I thought its a good deal, but didnt buy those. Then i wanted to check the company online and i found this... I feel good now. By the way the guys were in Pontiac Aztec SUV. So be carefull fellas.

Unregistered guest
same thing happened to me today in vancouver canada. These guys pull up in a van and tell me "this may sound crazy but we have high end home theatre systems". so they ask me to pull over.and then they say we just sold a 2000$ system for $800 and keep saying they work for the sound stream company. and they just got too many of them. after a 30 mins of arguing over the price i bought two huge speaker and the DR-1000 home theater for $850 canadian. now i find out they were a scam i feel like killing myself. i got their license #. but that is pretty much fake. i still haven't installed them so do u guys know if they work and what kind of quality they have?

Unregistered guest
Just got hit for 500 bucks for two towers and a woofer with surround speakers. I feel like a total dumb*ss. Didn't get the licence but it's May 11 and I got hit at Division and Halsted in Chicago. It was a curly haired red head, an asian chick and a short dork with a lip ring. They were driving a blue tahoe. Anybody has any info about them please email me. I filed a report but I'm sure that won't do any good.

K Frank
Unregistered guest
My boyfriend just got screwed in St-Thérese, Québec Canada! The same story keeps repeating itself: 400 bucks Canadian! Guys pull up beside you saying that they have to go deliver some sound systems and say that they have too many. They even show you some bull sh*t magazine to try to prove their credibility! Whatch out for these A holes!

Unregistered guest
Its suprising that im the only one posting from Los Angeles so far. If I were a "speakerman" I think l.a. would be the city. 5/10 saw 2 guys in a minivan. They stopped me and told me that they were picking up an order for their boss and somehow recieved 2 extra surrondsound speakers and a pair of the tower speakers . I believed their story because they showed me an invoice that was very convincing so i called a coworker. He came to the van and bought their story too. He also told me about a plasma t.v. with the same story and when he took it back to his boss his boss took it for himself and told him if he ever said anything he would fire him. long story longer, my coworker bought 2 5.1 surrond sound speakers and a pair of the tower speakers for $600. we don't feel too ripped off because i know i can flip them. I need to if its worth keeping on of the surrond sound speaker set. hit me up eman2top@sbcglobal.net

Unregistered guest
Its suprising that im the only one posting from Los Angeles so far. If I were a "speakerman" I think l.a. would be the city. 5/10 saw 2 guys in a minivan. They stopped me and told me that they were picking up an order for their boss and somehow recieved 2 extra surrondsound speakers and a pair of the tower speakers . I believed their story because they showed me an invoice that was very convincing so i called a coworker. He came to the van and bought their story too. He also told me about a plasma t.v. with the same story and when he took it back to his boss his boss took it for himself and told him if he ever said anything he would fire him. long story longer, my coworker bought 2 5.1 surrond sound speakers and a pair of the tower speakers for $600. we don't feel too ripped off because i know i can flip them. I need to if its worth keeping on of the surrond sound speaker set. hit me up eman2top@sbcglobal.net

Anonymous

You have got to be kidding me??? Could there possibly be this many idiotic people in the world?? I agree that this scam should be stopped and the scam artists should be prosecuted but.........COME ON!!!!!!! Wake up people and pull your heads out of your a$$e$!!! You couldn't possibly be this stupid! You bought monster speakers with some obnoxious name attached to them out of the back end of a van, from some psychotic man who you then, allow to follow you to an ATM??? Do you also write to serial killers in their jail cells on death row?? I keep thinking that maybe just maybe the world is coming to an end and we all will be better off for it!!!!

breezy
Unregistered guest
Ya Bakersfield THere here too we got scammed muther suckers . THis is such bull crap.

LMAO!
Unregistered guest
LOL - you guys are idiots and got just what you deserve.

I love the guy who was trying to rip off his co-worker and got shown this thread, so now he's taking them to the "pond shop" and trying to screw somebody else. Haha, those "pond shop" owners are masters at this Chucky, watch out that you don't walk out with $500 more worth of useless crap.

Notaduck
Unregistered guest
LOL, you duckies....
Its kinda funny to hear all you retards crying about a few hundred bux....
Props to the reggins hussling crack while urban duckies pump 50 cent....
"It should be a crime to let a sucker keep his money"
And to all you hussling speaker guys out there.....
OB1 RUNZ ALLLLLL!!!! S.T.F.O peeps!

SLAMMED
Unregistered guest
OMG! i just paid 2500 for the surround!!!! they said that the tax on the speakers was a huge ammount....i feel sooooo stupid...as should all of you morons out there...
I WAH I WAS A SPEAKER GUY!!!!!
ibet they make like 1000$ a day on duckies...
im a HU$$la baby....so all of you, toss a salad!

I Sell Speakers
Unregistered guest
I'm out on the street sellin' speakers the right way. Go to www.burckhards.com
Your comments and criticism are welcomed
Simon Burckhard
speakerman since 1999

Anonymous

Just got hit for $150.00 in kendal, by a black guy and his friend. wanted 500.00 for them. thanks god i only had 150.00. gave me the same bull sh*t story; that he was overstock, that didn't want to give them back to his boss; that needed the money to rent a room to store them; and that if i see him in the street to buy him a beer.
Guess what? you just ripped off the wrong guy, MOTHER F*CKER. if you are reading this; I'mlooking for you and i will not rest until i find you. You my friend just pisst of the wrong EXCONVICT. may God have mercy on you because i wont.

Anonymous

They got $140 out of me for digital research DR-1000 series in moreno valley,ca.In wells fargo packing lot two of them in white subran.

Unregistered guest
dumb as*es buy a reciver before you b@tch!!!!!!!Im a wife of a speacker guy and he is a STFO guy for 12 years and we own speakers ourselves and the only complaints we have are from the neighbors b@tching that it is to loud. Just because you got sold and then get on one of these "scam" pages and find out that someone else got it cheaper than you you were "Scamed". This is how we make a living and other than working with my husband I havent had to work for five years and spend all your money and buy more speakers. Speaker Guys SELL THE F$$$ OUT!!!!!! and take care

Ob1420
Unregistered guest
Hi kids, Have you gotten sold? well, i might be the guy who sold you...:-) im a fukin HUSSLA baby, so dont stress speaker men...
If you have a problem, cry...like bitch3s, kuz we speaker men are destened for fame and fortune....
You are all happy with your mini vans and your babies...You comfortable commutors make me sick...but if it wasnt for you lameos, there would be no industry..so thank you.
I make about 2500$ and up a week supplying a good quality product, and i do NOT plan on stoppping anytime soon.....Do you think you paid a fair price for your car? or for your tv? or for the food you eat? holy shizer ppl, your complaining about a few hundred bucks...hahahaha, it makes me laugh....."it should be against the law to let a sucker keep his money" and "by any means necessary" so screw all of you HATERS out there...and RESPECT to all the real husslers...doing the LEGAL hussel may i add you....at least i stopped selling chronic to my friends, and now i feel good about my overwhelming income....
P.S i wonder if they have complaint sites like this about BANKS, the biggest fukin scam since, well, EVER...read into it ppl...were just freelance wholesalers. I like coming here checking out what you hurting noobs hve to say about the product...cry some more you lame commutors...STFU 4 LIFE, HUSSLIN HUSSLIN YO!

STFO KING
Unregistered guest
COME FIND ME YOU SH!T TALKING LIL DUCKIES!!!!! Im Oliver, and i sell speakers for a living. I make more than a doctor, and more than your parents. I also drive a 2004 Denali. So guess what broke a$$es.....GET SKILLS, GET PAID, AND GET LAID. Honestly, your posting on some randome FORUMS...uhhhh, hurting much? P.S, I AM THE SELLOUT KING OF CANADA!!!!! holla @ cha boi!

Anonymous

GUESS WHAT?!!!....NOT HERE HUSTLER! I'M JUST A WISE A** WHO HAS BEEN TAKEN TOO MANY TIMES IN THE PAST. NOT INTERESTED IN ANY SPEAKERS, BUT HAVE FRIENDS WHO WERE AND ALMOST GOT TOOK. WHILE THE 'HUSTLA' MADE HIS PITCH, I WENT TO THE NET. GUESS WHAT I FOUND. NOW HIS NAME IS ALL AROUND TOWN. ALSO GOT A SISTER AT THE LOCAL NEWS.....MAKIN' SURE THIS SCAM IS PUBLISHED IMMEDIATELY. SO, HUSTLE....MAKE UP FOR WHAT YOU LACK BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY.....AS LONG AS YOU CAN. YOUR DAYS ARE MUCH SHORTER THAN THE AVERAGE 'LAMEO'.

Username: Mules4you

They're is alot that will say how good a speaker will work... Alot of people dont know about it though.. I'm a student in High school but I know a decent amount. And well If you know enough about what your looking for you probably wont get scammed, If you ask me I think sony and haft the other speakers brands out there are sh!t. Looks arn't the key to a good sounding system. If you want something good, Look into 50's and 60's audio back then people wernt such big idiots and knew what worked good and what was better, for example Solid State Amplifiers suck fat a$$ (for you people who don't know Solid state is anything that uses a Transistor or anytype of Simiconducter, Valve State is when you use Electron Tubes,Vacuum Tubes, Electron Valve, Tubes, and all of the other names they have for them.

jrb
Unregistered guest
i just got a couple of da-2012 speakers, they got a 12' a 4' and a tweeter. same story but in frisco texas(near dallas) same story with the 2 extra given to them... i got them down from 500 for both to 160 for both... i'm really not mad except for the fact that i got scammed, i think the speakers are loud as hell and they sound pretty damn good for 80 bucks a piece. i really don't think you can get speakers that are comperable to these for that cheap. for the story that they gave me i was more worried that they might have been stolen. the funny thing is that i am only 16 and he told me that if we see each other around then to buy him a beer...that made me laugh.

I Sell Speakers
Unregistered guest
www.burckhards.com

A corrupt and greedy speakerman, I was one of the best.
Telling tall tales and hustling suckers seemed to be the
perfect gig for a nut like me. On the streets of LA, sitting
ducks are everywhere. In a frenzy of sweat and mojo,
we'd swoop down, scramble their brains with fantastic
stories, and relieve them of their hard-earned dollar.

Only Jesus Christ could save a wretch like me.

And He did.

I could no longer do business in the way of the world, my
sales method needed an absolute overhaul. Knowing
this, I took a step in a different direction. Now, almost
three years later, I am a new man, a new salesman and
the ultimate speakerman!

Staying true to myself is proving effective. In time, I hope
to change the image of my practice and the vibe of the
entire industry. With God's help, I will.

Simon Burckhard, Speakerman since 2000!!!
Idaho permit # 002853438-S

MISSION STATEMENT:

Burckhard's is a business committed to total honesty. The fraudulent and deceptive
sales techniques employed by many industry salesmen are not tolerated here. We
believe that these methods are shrewd and dishonest. Salesmen should channel
creativity and excitement in meaningful, productive and honest ways.

Many products sold on the street boast an MSRP value disproportionate to the actual
quality of the product. Burckhard's believes that bolstering an enormous MSRP is
unfair to the consumer. Straightforward, fair pricing is our alternative to MSRP hiking.

We sell primarily on the street. These types of sales are generally energetic, resulting
many times in an impulsive purchase. We do not, however, condone the use of high
pressure, manipulation, and/or brute force.

Our pricing is competitive. Low overhead expense allows us to compete with many of
the larger retail outlets. We do, however, leave room to haggle and we encourage our
customers to engage in the process of negotiation.

Above all, we want satisfied customers. We remain as available as is possible and we
challenge ourselves to find solutions to the problems that our customer's face.

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 157
Well like to see you try your mind tricks on me.

Has a former cinema projectionist, worked for top chains like UCI and Warner village cinemas UK and though I no what to look for and listen for, so good luck.

Sell me a loudspeaker though I have been using JBL now for around 16 years wow, that's a lot of water under the bridge.

Ashley

resko
Unregistered guest
Okay... Okay.... I'm convinced.. I was thinking at the time I bouht thses things I wasn't being scammed, dude even told me all about his sef(supposedly). About how he's working for a company that delivers these, and he's got a couple of extra pair to dish out to make some extra money. Smelt fishy, but to be real, I belived him... I'm in Plano, TX. so it seems these guys are in the Texas area now... WOW. this is the first time something has happened to me..... I got his liscense plate, and have already contacted the police... SO I'M AFTER THESE MOTHA F.... don't get me started. They got me for $200, but thats $200 I needed.... and to think, I'm thinking I'm getting over on these dudes, becuase I'm gonna turn around and sell these on ebay..... Feelin pretty stupid....... anybody want some info hit ma at rescobedo@picnictyme.com

Unregistered guest
I have a question for all the complainers. DID THE GUYS HAVE A GUN TO YOUR HEAD WHEN YOU BOUGHT THESE SPEAKERS?? No. You are completely responsible for buying the speakers from guys selling them out of their trucks or whatever. I bought some myself. It seems that you all are upset because you thought you were getting a steal when you actually got what you paid for. By the way, all the comments about it being a "scam" surely isn't going to help us sell them if we choose to. The speakers are worth what we paid for them and maybe a little bit less in some cases. It all depends on what you paid. Nobody get screwed because you all bought the speakers off the street. I can understand that you might be feeling stupid because I felt the same way. However, I got a surround system that works well for $130.

Anonymous

You people are all a bunch of idiots. When are you gonna learn you cant get something for nothing? When are you gonna learn when something seems too good to be true THAT'S CAUSE IT PROBABLY IS? Most of all though, when y'all gonna learn how to spell well? You guys got profiled cause you're all a bunch of stuid, ignorant LOSERS.

I got approached by these guys too, about 3 months ago. When I got asked if I need speakers, I said no, and thanks. He asked if I was sure, and I asked about what. He says to me about the speakers. I said buddy get lost and go peddle your junk somewhere else. He starts defending the product, but I shut him up pretty quick. I asked him if the only reason he profiled me is cause I wasn't dressed well and because I drive a pick-up truck. He replied no, but I cut him off again. I told him I have more money than I can shake a stick at. Plus, I have a surround of B&W speakers already, worth many thousands. (B&W is REALLY good stuff, in case the majority of you shmucks are wondering.) So I told him to stop insulting my intelligence. I dropped my wallet on the ground between us, and I told him to be a real man and fight me for my money instead of trying to steal it with a jedi mind trick, him and his buddy both, right there in the Walmart parking lot.

So, he's eyeing me and sizing me up. I'm egging them both on. Then, one lunges to make a move, I ran at him and hit him so hard he dented the road. Then, I ran at his buddy as he ran for the van. He had a few steps on me, and the van already had the windows up. He jumped in, closed and locked the doors. However, the loser's van wouldn't start! On top of that, The cargo door was unlocked!!! I opened it, ran in it and up to the front. I grabbed that goof by his hair and smashed out the side glass with his head, Opened the door, rolled him out, went and got my cell and called the cops that 2 men selling seemingly stolen goods had aparently been assalted badly and were in need of medical attention.

Got off the phone, I kept kicking the crap out of both of them, mostly cause I thought of all the losers like you they ripped off. When the cops got there, I started to tell them the whole truth, but they left out anything incriminating me of assault. They told me they had no problem with my conduct at all.

Now I see you clowns justifying yourselves and each other like its all fine. Truth is, it isnt fine, its a shame. A shame that I defended idiots like y'all. Bunch of knuckleheads!

Username: Surf

Encinitas, Ca Usa

I pulled into the gas station in my brand new H2. A couple of guy's came up to me in my car and asked me if I wanted to check out some speakers. I took a look at them and they were called "Palmeros". I told them I never heard of them and they had mentioned that they are manufactured for installers and they are not really easy to find. He busted out the brochure to show the price. It was all pretty funny. I'm in sales and was sort of chuckling about the whole thing but I told the guys I live down the street and that I wanted to go and test them out. The guys came over to my house and we opened the box and I gave them a whirl. I allready have a Bose system connected and I just replaced my existing speakers with the new stuff. Honestly, I'm no expert but I didn't notice much of a difference. They seemed to be slightly weaker than my Bose but no major big difference. I figured what the hell, if it is a deal cool. If not big deal. The thing is I am a big boy and if I get screwed I except responsibility. It's only $200 bucks - wow. As far as they way they set up their sales presentation it's is pretty cheesy. If it were me I would just say I raided a warehouse and scored some killer stuff. I dont' know how much it's worth but I'll sell it to you for $200. That way it seems a bit more realistic. It is pretty comical though. I guess here's the lesson of the day....."IF YOU NEVER HEARD OF THE PRODUCT BEFORE IT MIGHT AS WELL HAVE BEEN BUILT IN CAMBODIA."

Dj T8
Unregistered guest
damn... my parents just got scammed... these guys in a truck pulled up by our store and asked us if we wanted speakers for cheap!

my dad brought a few home to test out and liked it...

he bought one pair and was about to buy a second pair when i found this page...

THANK YOU PPL!

now we wasted only 200 bucks on these tr-2000 speakers

Screwed
Unregistered guest
I just got screwed today as well. I don't know why I fell into their scam, but I did. I paid $400.00 dollars, can anybody believe this? I must be the most stupidest guy out there. There were two guys, one of them was decent like a know it all guy, and then there was this other guy who seems like a drunk or a crack head who seems to know what he is talking about. This happened today at around 1:30pm in the Canadian Tire mall near Kingsway in Vancouver, B.C. He showed me the stuff and it looked pretty genuine to me, Even the name Digital Research sounds authentic. He showed me some brochures and he even wore a a jacket from the company he worked for and also wore a name tag with his name on it and company as well. Man I just came home thinking I got a deal. I haven't even tried to hook this system up after I heard what you guys have encountered. I feel like a dumbass. He gave me his cell phone number and today I tried to phone him and he didn't even pick up. Afterwards I tried calling him back again he turned off his cellphone. So what I'm thinking was that since he is not answering my call today, I'll leave a message saying I'll buy some more systems if he has them on him, and also arrange for a time to meet him again. If he agrees and calls me back to meet me at the place I'll call the police on them and get them if I have a chance. Does anybody think this will work?

Speaker saver
Unregistered guest
Am I the only one who is wondering where the "scammers" are getting their product from. These look like you could make a very cheap, extremely good speaker if you used the theater reasearch enclosures and some higher-quality drivers. If anyone can post where these speakers are made/can be purchased I would appreciate it.

PS does anyone have any sort of spec sheet or wiring diagram that they could post?

Speaks
Unregistered guest
STFO KING I am from Ontario; Canada, I am interested in purchasing speakers for re-sale
email: i_am_god_7@hotmail.com

speakeasy
Unregistered guest
Apparently they are working their way south, and are in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area now. I believe I am their latest victim. I wouldn't call it a scam though because, to me, scams are when you are lied to in order to get your money but in the end walk away with nothing. These DR 2810 speakers are actually some very nice speakers. Very solid, very sharp looking, and has amazingly good range. My biggest problem with it is that speakers were at the very bottom on my list of needs, and the money I used on them was for something else. I am a big boy and can take responsibility for the things I do, but I can't distrust everyone, and that's the only way I could ever keep from being scammed. All I wanted to do was resell them on Ebay for $400-800 like he suggested and make some MUCH needed money (something he couldn't do because he was going to meet his boss and needed to get rid of them or his boss would take them).

I absolutely can't stand LIARS!! Now I own 2 speakers that I can't resell for what I paid, and I don't own a stereo or TV that I can use them with. Watch out for a young oriental kid and his chubby, unkempt sidekick. They were driving a beige Toyota Highlander and apparently went through the same deception training as the other "salesmen" that previous posters talk about because our experiences were REMARKABLY similar.

If you two losers are reading this thread, just know I have a lot more info about you that you realize. I already have your address from your plates. Plus, getting caught by the bank's surviellence camera wasn't too smart, was it Kirk? You lied to me even after I told you how important the money was, and just kept on making me think I would be able to make 5-times what I paid, and you told me the speakers were brand new, never opened. You fat POS! Yeah, I'll buy you a couple drinks if I see you around, but I'm gonna serve them to you MY way! Ever had a long-neck shoved down your throat and up yourass at the same time?

hutcher
Unregistered guest
Hey, Just wanted to give a heads up. My husband got hit at a Save-on-Foods is Red Deer AB. Told him not to by them, the out of the back of an SUV, sent red flags to me, but he got them. We are only out $180 for the surround system (the suggested retail box with $1999.99), which we hooked all the speakers up fearing fraud. We had them full blast on my pioneer stereo and they work fine. I consider us lucky, some people are out alot more, and we have a good working surround system.

Anonymous

got hit up in chicago area they drove a white dodge durango. there were 2 of them both young one white person and the other was a dark complexion. i have the info on these scumbags. so if anyone got scammed by these thugs email me at stonew2@aol.com

Anonymous

These guys are back in Clarksville, TN again. I'm out $400 bucks, I hope the speakers at least work. I didn't even take the time to open the box, just figured I was buying a pair of stolen speakers off of two dudes in a SUV and wanted a deal. They had like five or six boxes in the back, seemed legitimate. They said that they would have to give them back to the boss if they didn't sell. I can't figure out why this worked on me so well.. guess there is a greedy side to everyone willing to take a risk to make some cash. It's a good scam.

apokalipse
Unregistered guest
Thay played this trick on me in LA. All I wanna
say is this. If you punks out there think this
something funny or cool to do you are very stupid. I'm already watchin out for another one of you idiots tryin to make a living fuking somebody else over. What goes around comes around
as they say so just watch your dumbass cause u might get plugged dumb fux.

Unregistered guest
LOL,THEY ARE IN BOILINGBROOK ILL. WHITE VAN 2 WHITE BOYS S200.00 OUT OF ME AND I THOUGH I WAS SMART MODEL PT1100S 06-15-05 SOME FATHER DAY GIFT FOR MY SELF LIVE AND LEARN ,IF WE FIND THEM THERE FKED. BE CAREFUL

yor loving mom
Unregistered guest
Just a couple kind words for you Mr. speaker sellers.
What you are doing is unethical and unfair ? It may not be against the law or maybe it is. It does not really even matter. You are basically
making some profit by pissing somebody off real bad about 98% of the time. The ones that dont realize they got somehow screwed over are truly morons. You get away with this of course buy splitting, giving out fake numbers and names and lies. The same tactics that criminals who steal cars and sell drugs for a living use. Where do they end up 98% of the time ? Six feet deep or
watching TV and getting buttf@cked by cellies in prison. Well of course you say "I'm not doing anything illegal, they can't put me in jail,everything I do is by the law !" But is this really to your advantage ? If people cant use the law to get back at someone what do they do ? They swallow,swallow,swallow some more...Until , you guessed it. What goes down must come back up or come out some other ugly way.People take it in their own hands. Now this is really not good, for you, Mr. Speaker seller.And of course I'm only trying to scare you,but you are not afraid.Or maybe you are, a little bit.It does not matter I cant hurt you right ?. Maybe that guy that just bought from you is folowing you home? He just bought from you because he is a psycho who was screwed over a couple times by somebody else, but now you are his victim ! You are his next target... Or maybe the police is already watching you beacause they think you're selling drugs on the side. Or maybe is just that a big black cloud is hovering above you ready to strike you with lightning bolt. Maybe some thug is already smashing up your shity vehicle in the parking lot or painting graffiti on your mothers house, or smearing sh@t all over your front door. Maybe you 'accidentally' blow a tire on the freeway and drive into the center divider at 80 mph. Or you just get arrested for no reason at all because they get a false alarm. Maybe u just got the sh@t beat out of you by some brothers and you have no idea why. You know the saying " You cant wipe your bleeding nose with your broken arm "... Maybe you're thinking right now... I dont understand it I have done nothing bad I commited no crime, why is GOD punishing me ? So if you like what you are doing we are happy for you and the more power to you. Oh and have a nice day ! Send me a postcard from hell will you ?

Anonymous

What is funny as all get out is that I know one of these speakerguys and he is flat out on his backside right now since he can't scam the people who he has already scammed once before.

He now has some bs magazine with a faked up article in it about how great the speakers are and he uses this in his speal.

He pays $100 bucks for a pair that in the mag says retail for $995.99, of course his boss paid $50 for them and sells them to this chump for $100.

He was talking about how much he used to make a couple years ago- up to a couple grand a day! *would blow it all at topless bars on booze.

So Some of these fools are hurting and they deserve to suffer for the crap that they have pulled.

whatever12312
Unregistered guest
Just got hit in Youngtown, AZ.. 2 guys driving a dark blue mini-van. one tall guy with dark hair, and another guy with blondish-brown hair. said they were contractors.

smokey6152002
Unregistered guest
These guys are good. Got me for 90 bux the 1000 platnum serias home entertainment 5.1 surround sound. Everything was legit, magizines, boxes, extra inventory. Got me in Tampa, Fl at a home depot. Im not mad just very impressed. I kinda want to find them so i can get in on it. These people are making a killing.

DUMBO
Unregistered guest
Idiot here in MESA, AZ. Hit me at the Circle K on Southern and Greenfield. Driving a new Checy/GMC charcoal truck. They gave me the "got to many from the werehouse" line of crap. Little bas*ards! Sucked me in with the magazine crap too! Out 2 hundo!

Natulip
Unregistered guest
What gets me is that at the time of the scam the guys seemed legitimate...but when it replays in my head I can't believe how I could have fallen for it. This was an expensive lesson to always follow your gut and to never trust anyone you don't know. I bought my speakers thinking they would be a great gift for my boyfriend. If I only had my cell phone with me I could have called him and he would have stopped me soon enough...But I wasn't listening to my gut and just bought on impulse. We'll try them out this weekend to see if they really work. I was had in a parking lot at a busy shopping center in Phoenix, AZ by two guys in a charcoal grey chevy 4door Pickup...one guy had long hair the other had short...I bet it was the same guys from the Mesa entry above. Hey Mesa! Maybe we should call "3 on your side"....Oh and to the June 8th "Screwed" entry, if you can get the guy to meet you again I would definately try to get the police out there with you...these people need to know what they are dealing with.

SmileNLaf
Unregistered guest
Darn!!! Wish I would have seen this site first!! Leaving a Subway and guy offered this "great" deal while we were leaving. (Jared's not the only one making money at Subway!!) Even had him give us a SEALED / NEW box. Oh well, If you can't laugh at yourself, someone else will!!

jackdacrack
Unregistered guest
All you motherfuckers are so stupid. If some guy offer you a million dollar in the suitcase of his SUV for $500. You stupid will probably fall for it. HA HA HA Ha....

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1227
This is decades old and people still fall for it, unbelievable.

Unregistered guest
Same story happened to me yesterday in a Wal-mart parking lot in Ontario Canada. Kid over loaded, Boss will take them for straight profit, we want to make some money, we have to be in Toronto in an hour and 40 mins. I baught a pair of DA U2 tower speakers for 300 bucks. sound good an real nice looking too. Piano lacquer finish and crazieness. They sound good and look amazing. The box says suggested retail of 1599.99 each and he showed them to me in a magazine. They look amazing and I apparently owe him some beers and a table dance. He will be dancing all right,lol. I'm pretty OK with it. Scam or not, They make a 19 year old male look rich and thats all the ladies need. Don't sweat it to much guys, If I see them again, I'm getting more for cheaper.

Anonymous

Hello Everyone - I am so sorry these situations have happened to you, but honestly, the product is good and just because it was sold out of a truck or van, you shouldn't be smack talking the product. Maybe just the unconventional ways of the seller. I personally think the product is GREAT.... so next time just wheel and deal a little better deal for yourself and stop bad talking the product!!

Dumb Blonde Girl
Unregistered guest
Hi! I was approached in a Wellsfargo Parking lot trying to find my way out when a man in a green truck stuck his head out of the window and asked me if I wanted to "buy speakers." At first I thought "go away!" but when he kept on convincing me to look at his product I couldn't resist. There was a moment there when I thought I was going to be abducted or whatever but the man was a young twenty-something fellow and I figured, "oh what the hell!" I ended up buying the dr-1000 speaker set for 400 dollars so I feel true to my blonde status. I had dumped my boyfriend 4 days ago and really I think I just wanted to talk to the man because I craved one. Oh, pathetic I am!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

800 $ here, Guelph, Ontario.
July 5, 2005.
dark cargo van, two young guys.

They were pretty good, very convincing, my hat goes off to them. They had the same story, extra inventory, last time it happened their boss sold them on e-bay for 3000$, so this time they are trying to sell them, no time to take them home. Blah blah blah.

Obviously when you buy something like this you know it is a gamble, and this is a gamble that I lost. Althopugh I feel like a bit of a fool, I knew I was gambling, they bested me, and that's that.

However, I will not be buying them the heiniken that I promised when they call me and stop by (and no, I dont think that they will).

The real Irony in this is that I (we) got scammed trying to participate in an imaginary scam. I find the concept quite amusing.

Any ways, Que sera sera.

PS

If any one wants to buy some digital research speakers (model DA U2) for 800$ e-mail me at diablos@death-star.com

Also, if the Oliver above is the oliver that sold them to me, congratulations on your success, but shoot me an e-mail (or call me), cause I would like to purchase some more of your wonderfull products, or have you professionally instal my system.

Anonymous

Just a couple other notes (same person as above).

I just hooked them up, they sound all right. I doubt that they are worth what I paid, but the sound is pretty good. Any ways, just thought that I would add that little tidbit.

SDFSDF
Unregistered guest
LAST SEEN IN FORMAN MILLS PARKING LOT JUST OUTSIDE BALTIMORE CITY LIMIT ON ROUTE 40 WEST

ANYONE SEE THEM, POST THE LOCATION WE WANT TO BUY MORE, GOOD SPEAKERS AT CHEAP PRICE

HAHAHAHA
Unregistered guest
In Kansas City KS Selling Poo to all ...

Username: Dipshit

Atlanta, Georgia USA

These f*ckers got me in Atlanta, near Emory, same $hit about too many speakers etc - needs help to get rid of them. $200 f*cking down man - f*ucking basthards, it was marked $1999, thank goodness I did not pay that or even close to that. White van, did not take note of the f*cking plates -dumb a$$. I told the F*cker that I am short on cash etc but he insisted, then started to drive off since my offer was too low, then i said 'im sorry i cant buy the stuff' then he stopped and put the $hit in my car and told me to drive to the bank - yes i even had the mother f*cker sit in my car!!!. They damn f*ucking good since I did not even have the need to buy speakers - he did have a hot b*tch in the f*cking van though. Be careful, if i see you again, I will scr$w the brains out of your f*ucking b$tch to get my $200 worth. I will nerver ever buy $hit from the back of a van again. dumb f*cks...Charles Spence, i may be contacting you soon. I took the $hit to a couple of pawn shops, they did not even want to buy it since they know about the damn scam! Eventually got rid of it for $50. Goodluck selling your $hit.

Dpizzo
Unregistered guest
f*ck me, They're in Minneapolis and I'm retartded.

Username: Chris00

Dallas `, NC Us

Man i got the shafted the same as all the rest in a store parking lot off Billy Grahm Prkwy in Charlotte Nc. Dude approched me when i was leaving the parking lot of a gas station when stopped me he was in a blue ford explorer said it was his bosses wifes car. Same story about the two to many, i had a choice of the home or the car system he showed me them both in that same catalog.He said he was from Greensboro NC and meeting his boss in Gastonia. He kept on insisting that i didn't sell them on ebay said he didn't want me to make money off him being nice. He also kept saying that if he seen me out i owed him a beer, and i think really own him something now. He started at $400 and kept going down and I almost pulled away when he said he would take $180. I lost out because i thought i could resale for a quick buck. I even gave the dude the last of my smoke and a pack of cigerettes because i thought i was getting such a good deal.I've learned another hard lesson. This guy had black curly bushy hair with glasses and a quarter sleeve of tattos up his right arm.

Tim2234
Unregistered guest
I got scammed in Tampa, FL. Same damn story. Guys were in a white Jeep, newer model. If anyone knows anything about these f***ers TELL ME!

Bronze Member
Username: Monolgoue

Post Number: 70
Gotta love buying speakers you think are stolen so you can flip them for a quick buck. Hate to say it, but it serves you right.

Username: Beware_of_tom

Indianapolis, In Us

Post Number: 4
LISTEN UP!!!!! I used to date a guy who does the speaker scam. His name is Tom Pollock. He's in Indianapolis, In. He drives a RED JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE. Sometimes he even gives his cell phone number out to make it sound even more real, - (317)362-2735. And thats really his cell phone number. What An IDIOT!!!! Sometimes he is driveing around with a guy named Jim and he drives a RED OR PURPLE MINIVAN. I know exactully how he gets the speakers and how he gets paper work from fedex. I drove around with him for 2 months straight so I know everything. If you want to know details just e-mail me at sk8echick000@yahoo.com. These guys are Scammers and people should know about it!!!!!!

Indianapolis, In Us

Post Number: 5
ALSO TOM AND JIM ARE LOVERS!!!! LOL

Username: Vexhold

Post Number: 4
I bought a crate of steaks from a white van for 150 bucks.. mmmmm they are tasty...

Speakers though? LOL C'mon guys

FiReFlY
Unregistered guest
PREVIOUSLY POSTED:
May 9th 2005- Anyone from long island look out for an old blue minivan. older chubby man from huntington showed me his drivers license, picture of kids, maagazine etc. who kept talking about beer. It happened in stony brook outside a bank

PRESENT DAY:
July 15th 2005 - Just got hit by this EXACT guy in Hicksville outside a bank. He said the same EXACT things and showed me the same pictures.
And he fits the same physical description with as well as the same minivan.
I'm 100% sure its the same dude.
I even did a massive burn-out in my 350-Z for him.

He's good, and can have my $200.00
Some lessons learned in life can cost that much.

Richerthanu
Unregistered guest
hey im a speaker vguy. i have lots to say to you punks but this guy sums it up good.
Comment by Mike Wallburg:
Basically, after reading all the "victim posts" I think if you bought these speakers it was because you VOLUNTEERED to doing something morally questionable (at best) and by doing so were hoping to save (or make) a bunch of money and get a pair of 'really good speakers' at a fraction of the cost. The 'van guys' essentially come out and TELL you they are DISHONEST ("...no plans to return the speakers...") so you JOIN IN on the DEAL!?! Basically you try and cheat and then blame others for cheating you...worse yet some of you are willing to hurt or even KILL these kids who are only taking money from greedy, un-informed and apparently quite gullable people. If their story WAS true, by purchasing those speakers you are agreeing to assist them in cheating the "imaginary" distributor. This makes you as guilty as they are. I would be reluctant to tell anyone at work you went for such a story. Your ethics and moral standing may suddenly come into scrutiny.
If you don't know (or live by) "If its too good to be true - it is..." Maybe its time to grow up and stop being such a "victim".
Mike

Suckerrrrrrrrrr
Unregistered guest
They Fu*@ed me too! Now there in Palm Springs, CA

imtheman
Unregistered guest
woo hoo. made a grand in half an hour today sellin to you clowns. Im gonna make another grand tomorrow. Bahhahahahahahahahahahaa. l8r duckies. by the way thanks for letting us know everyone wants to get us. u come near my van i got a can of bear spray waiting for ur pupils.

Indianapolis, In Us

Post Number: 6
LISTEN UP!!!!! I used to date a guy who does the speaker scam. His name is Tom Pollock. He's in Indianapolis, In. He drives a RED JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE. Sometimes he even gives his cell phone number out to make it sound even more real, - (317)362-2735. And thats really his cell phone number. What An IDIOT!!!! Sometimes he is driveing around with a guy named Jim Burton and he drives a RED OR PURPLE MINIVAN. I know exactully how he gets the speakers and how he gets paper work from fedex. I drove around with him for 2 months straight so I know everything. If you want to know details just e-mail me at sk8echick000@yahoo.com. These guys are Scammers and people should know about it!!!!!!

200 bucks to the good
Unregistered guest
Aurora, Il....Home Depot off 88 & Orchard

Ha! Yep, me too........and I'm glad! $200 and 2 packs of smokes got me the 5.1 system!...........I pluged it in, all works and sounds nice, a little bit of power too.(hooked it up to my Pioneer reciever). Overall, they honestly are fair speakers that produce decent sound ....and thats about it...wouldnt use it for anything serious like trying to decipher ohm and decible output or mixing down 98 tracks of THX digital audio....or whatever you guys are trying to do with these. Fiddle with your eq, throw on a cd, and turn it up and stop your moaning. Ya get what ya pay for. Where else can you get 5 speakers for 200 bucks, thats 40$ each....dont know where you can get a sub for $40 bucks other than a flea market or radio shack. If you are really into your audio equipment thats cool but you already should have known better.....a brand you never heard of, cheezy packaging, that cheap sales pitch from a couple of dropouts....did you actually think that there is something better than your Bose or Polk system out there, and that nobody other than these kids ever heard of or have written a review on or advertised somewhere!?. I knew it wasnt legit and got chuckle out of the two kids sales pitch.....made me laugh. I was actually looking for some small speakers to put on my system 'cause I just got rid of the enormous TOA monitors I was using. I opened the boxes and checked them out to make sure I wasnt buying a box of sand and yeh, I gave em 20o bucks......i think we all have blown far more money on far worse in our past! Nobody likes to be had, and you werent,... and there is no need to want to kill someone over speakers.....they offered and you bought, so what, lesson learned, if it hurts you'll get over it (except for they guy that had them forced on him). I'm actually rather pleased with my new speakers. I have owned the Bose system, have a Polk sub, used TOA for tack mixing and have JVC on my garage system......and though these definately are not those, I have also had far far worse that cost much more....(pssst...Sony)! How many of you actually set them up before complaining? Dont blame them, even the slugs and bottom feeders have to eat, we all choose our own vocations.....what comes around goes around and it will catch up with them in the end. My satisfaction comes with the fact that the speakers work, and work rather fine for my use.....so to me it was a deal. I dont support their methods and lies but its our own fault......especially you audio guys that should have known better. Got their bogus name and phone number, car make and plates (which I could have traced to the owner)a reciept and even an invite to join them at the local strip club!!!..but not gonna do anything about it....you cant, other than lieing to you they are merely selling you something; and tell me when a salesman has actually told you the truth..Ha!.......as far as I see it I'm happy and I win. So when and if they get busted or shut down, overdose on drugs, wind up in jail, get the sh!t beat out of them or go out and actually get a legit job........I'll still be happy listening to my rather good, off name, mislabled, China-made, sold on a lie, set of average speakers.
.......common sense people.

Anonymous

Eh, yo!

Got hooked-up wit a TI-4000 set. $50 did it ebay ooooh!

Yo scammers - eat me! lOl

Scum suckin low life, always wil be, wonchya?

Anonymous

Coastal SC-This guy flagged my teenaged son down and offered same BS story. Son didn't have enough cash so the guy agreed to take a check-Bad Move! As soon as the guy left with check, my son opened the box and immediately realized the equipment was not worth the money and called me to tell of the suspected scam. I called my bank and immediately put a stop payment on the check. Surely he would realize that when he couldn't cash the check that soemthing might be wrong and he needed to move on. Wrong, the dumb jerk called my house and left threatening phone message on the recorder about turning me in on a felony "bad-check" charge. Phone number he left was a toll-free number out of state-problem was, my caller ID provided his cell number and my son was smart enough to write his tag number down. I gave the speaker equipment and information to local police when I filed a formal complaint. They called the crook and told him he could pick up his equipment at the police station. He has yet to show up. Hope my son learned a lesson-but it still cost me $35 for the stop payment and police further convinced me to close the checking account in case a different scam or fraud is attempted.

shankme
Unregistered guest
Windsor, Ontario
Same story from the guys in Guelpf, approached me in a mall parking lot on July 22/05, baught the DR-2810 $1689 US each as it advertises on the box, paid $500 for the pair. Their boss orders them, they picked them up from customs and the company sent them too much, and they have to be heading to Toronto soon so their boss dosent get suspicious. They even had a magazine that featured them. The name had a familiar sound so i figured they were ligit. IF ITS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, THEN IT PROBOBLY IS. I also owe them a few Beers and supposed to hook them up with some ladies i know. WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND. I also have some additional information on these guys, email me at shankme21@yahoo.ca

Anonymous

Bought two of the DA-2012's. A guy came up to me and my friends as we were eating off campous during our lunch break. He asked us if we wanted to buy some speakers (although i ended up paying for them). He sold us one, then my friends gave him their lunch for a second speaker. That right there says "SCAM". Payed $260. The funny thing is is that i called my brother and he sayed that he bought the same speakers from two guys that fit the description of the two that sold me the speakers.

Anonymous

Got scammed Man! This is 419 man
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us