Best small speaker htib under $500

mike
Although the Onkyo 650 sounds wonderful, I may not be able to swing the large speakers in the living room. Good size room - 18 x 22. What is the best compact speaker htib to purchase? A DVD included would be nice but I don't want to give up future expansion possibilities. Does Sony, Pioneer, or Panasonic make a decent product. I haven't seen much discussion on any of these. Any other good review sites?

Anonymous
Try looking at Pioneer HTP-725DV. In my personal experience I have found it to be better than Onkyo, but it has some advanced features that Onkyo 650 doesn't.

Look for the post, with differences between Pnkyo HTS-650 and Pioneer HTP-725DV, below.

Anonymous
HTDDW840 by Sony. It's an excellent buy at $300.00

miketike
I just finished hooking up my Sony HTDDW840 and so far I love it. My room is a little smaller than your (12 X 20) but its great. A few things to be careful of 1) it comes with only 1 digital coax and 1 optical coax. Worked out OK for me , my digital cable box out is coax & DVD player is optical, but if the DVD is also digital Coax (which many DVDs are) you would need to split the input. I also did not love the fact the the digital coax was "hardcoded" to the DVD input. The sony does give you the flexibility to re-name the input on the display, but the receiver buttons cant change. Other than that, well worth the $369 I spent at Best Buy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us