Connecting Audigy2ZS PCMCIA to Receiver

Username: Brianoh

Post Number: 2
Hi, I just recently purchased an Onkyo HT-S570 receiver for my HT. I connected it to my notebook via Mini to Optical (my soundcard has a digital out), and it plays music fine. What I have a problem with are movies.

I right clicked my audio on the lower right side (the volume button) of windows, and clicked "Adjust Audio Property". I then clicked "Advanced" and made my Speaker setup "Surround sound speakers". Now when I play movies using PowerDVD, Windows Media Player Classic and VLC, I make my audio line out SPDIF. On my receiver I set it up to Surround Pro Logic II. But still, it seems as though my rear speakers aren't playing the sound effects its supposed to. It basically plays ambience sounds and the major sound effects that are in the front speakers as well. Also, I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I have my PCM set to PCM 32-bit. Are these the right settings? If not, what settings should I change it to? I feel like HBO on HDTV plays better sound on my HT than the HDTV DTS 5.1 encoded movies on my comptuer.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Brian.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us