What am i missing in dts 24 /96

Username: Invertingamp

Post Number: 1
hey guys. i wanted to know what am i missing if my Rx does not have dts 24/96. i have yamaha rx v440 and it has almost everything apart from thx and dts 24/96. just wanted to know what i am missing not having dts 24/96.. is it something to do with dvd audio .. or even dvd video. pls help. hope to get some ans thx

Anonymous

check hometheaterhifi.com for an article discussing all the different formats.I think dts 96/24 has to be on the disc or dvd-I have a dvd-audio disc with dts 96/24 on it(check dtsentertainment for audio discs with it---it seems like dts it will be on few discs and I wonder whether it will ever be on movies)

Anonymous

the advantage of using dts 96/24 over the dvd-audio track on the disc I have is presumably the ability to use bass management and adjustments of your receiver.I beleive dts 96/24 will offer great performance as the sampling and bit rate(96/24) is the same as dvd audio(with the exception of some dvd audio's that have 192khz sampling in 2 ch-not a big difference as the biggest difference between dvd audio and cd is 24 bit versus cd's 16 bit--so if 96/24 is 24 bits of information it should be just about equivelant to dvd-audio---but once again the problem is few discs----note that the pioneer 53 elite receiver has an upsampling feature that makes it a good receiver to possibly buy if you upgrade as it will improve ALL your cd's)

Unregistered guest
What is the basic difference between a receiver have the DTS surround logo in red and black and another receiver having the logo DTS 95/24
Which is the better?

Unregistered guest
What is the basic difference in a receiver with the DTS logo DTS surround in red and black and one with the logo DTS 96/24.
Which is the better?

Bronze Member
Username: Forcedinduction

Post Number: 45
that simply means that your receiver doesn't have the Digital to analog converter and cannot accept a digital signal via optical or coax cable. You must have that on your dvd player or other device, which you then use the 5 rca cables to hook into your receiver.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us