Unless you are spending over $2000.00 for Home Theater

Anonymous
then you want to get the HT-S650 as it is better than any system under $2000.00 hands down.
It sounds better than my brother-in-laws $2900.00 Bose System that is less than one year old.

po
I have to disagree with your $2000 statement. Bose is overpriced garbage and everyone knows or should know this. I get get a system for a third of the price that sounds twice as good. Not worth comparing to.

I do agree that the Onkyo 650 is the best in class for $500.

However, I can put together a system that kills the Onkyo 650 for about $1000. Get the Outlaw 1050 receiver for $499 (www.outlawaudio.com), get the home theater direct level 2 5.1 system for $519 (www.hometheaterdirect.com). Voila, for $1018, a system that crushes the Onkyo 650. Well under $2 grand.

Anonymous
I agree with po. the s650 is what it is...a very good product for the price, but not better than something around $1000-$1500. You just have to shop carefully. For example, you can get an Onkyo receiver with Paradigm speakers and sub in the $1000-$1500 range...many, many speaker companies are making bookshelf speakers in this price range.

Check out my post at home theater/speakers...B&W CDM7NT

htinnovations
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us