Onkyo HT-S560 and digital cable

Magyar
I just bought the Onkyo hts560. So far I have the DVD audio hooked to the Onkyo via optical cable, and the TV audio hooked up via those standard Red and Black cables.

My question is, should I hook up my AT&T digital cable box to the receiver then from the receiver to the TV?

Thanks,
M

Anonymous
I don't have it like this. You could try it tho....

Anonymous
I have a Hughes satellite receiver and even though I'm not familiar with your AT&T cable box, connect video from cable box directly to your tv via S-video if possible and audio to the receiver. I'm using the video1 connection for my sat audio and it works great. Too bad my sat does not have a digital audio in/output.

Sooznd
Hi Everyone!
Hope someone can answer this ? for me.

I have the Onkyo Ht S-650 and subscribe to digital cable. My AT&T cable box (General Instrument brand) does not have any digital (coaxial or optical) or even "S" video outputs for that matter.
How can I get digital sound through my receiver? Best I have been able to get is Dolby Pro Logic II.
IS any better sound possible?
Thanks for any help

Mark
I just got digital cable from cablevision and I have a question. I hooked in up to my hts-650 and on certain channels the right speaker fades in and out. It doesnt happen on all channels just some. Does anyone else have a simular problem or know what is wrong?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us