Need advise

Ong
Unregistered guest
I just bought a universal dvd player which has built-in dolby/dts decoder. I would like to listen the SACD and DVD-Audio. My player has built-in decoder so I think I don't need the receiver. Right? I only need the amplifier and 5.1 speaker system. Please suggest me what amplifier and speaker system should I buy for my dvd player.
thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Monolgoue

Post Number: 18
You need to tell us what % of time music vs. movies, the size of the room in which you will be installing the system, your budget, tastes, etc. That there is a pretty wide open question, my friend!

Ong
Unregistered guest
Dear Monologue,
Thanks for your reply.

My 60% of time is for music listening (SACD) and 40% for movies.
My room is quite small only 28 sq meter. So I don't want to use the powerful amplifier. I think 70 watt rms may be enough for me. I hope this power won't be disturbed my neighbours.

My budget is not more than 300 US $ as I am only a student.
I want to listen the multi channel music most of the time.
Hope you can suggest me the suitable system for me.

Bronze Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 40
Ong:
For that kind of money, you need to be in the "Home Theater in a Box" division in this forum. And yes you need to be thinking receiver because that's the cheapest way to go. You can't use a straight amplifier anyway--how would you change the volume level on the music?

Ong
Unregistered guest
Thanks John.
I will go and find the solution in the "Home Theater in a Box" division as you suggested.
Actually, I want to buy an active subwoofer and surround speaker, center and front speakers for my dvd. That's why I post it in this HT speaker packages division.
I think I can connect my dvd 5.1 output to the subwoofer(without the expensive av receiver).

I am thinking of buying a creative Inspire 5.1 5200/5400 system or Philips A5.600/ A3.610 Acoustic Fusion 610 5.1 Channal soft flat Panel Audio System etc. (Actually these are for PC multimedia system but also can use with dvd)
If my idea is wrong, please let me know how to setup the home theater system without the av receiver.
Once again thanks for your advice.

Ong

pathy
Unregistered guest
i have bought a denon 1803, looking for a 5.1 or 6.1 speaker package - how does bose am6 or am10 compare with energy take 5.2, i have space constraint and can spend $ 400 to $500, is there better alternatives in satellites?

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 494
the energy take 5. series is your best option. The Bose Acoustimass is not even in the same league with the Energy speakers.
cheers

Unregistered guest
I've just bought a Philips a3.610 system. However, my xP2600 sytem only has a Realtek ac97 chipset and the a3.610 doesnt seem to be working. Any advice please...

Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us