Jbl - Yamaha Question

Username: Chomperoni

Post Number: 2
I am condidering getting a Yamaha RXV-2500. Does anyone know if it can power 4 ohm speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Post Number: 800
Dan

Upload
UploadUpload
Yes it can drive 4ohm loudspeakers, by the way which loudspeakers are you using, or planning to buy for this awesome Yamaha with THX nice, and still the top dog.

Also not sure if you are using JBL or like I said planning to buy JBL, did you know that JBL was the first loudspeaker chosen for the talkie "The Jazz Singer" 1927 also JBL have won the Oscar for technical achievement in motion picture technology.

Also JBL was the one of the first components chosen for the Lucasfilm THX sound system program headed by Tomlinson Holman chief sound engineer for Lucasfilm.

And I have been using JBL for the best part of 16 years now, excellent choice.

My set-up is a Kenwood KRF-X9050D THX select, with three-screen matching loudspeakers, JBL control 5 and for the split-surrounds 2x JBL control 5, for the centre back surround JBL HT-1F, for the upper centre channel JBL center MR

For the side ambient Eltax HT-2 Bipolar, some time next week I'll be thinking about adding on the height surround or the sonic whole overheard array, first off need another stereo amplifier, then looking around for some JBL loudspeakers for the ceiling, it's going to be fun.

Username: Chomperoni

Post Number: 3
I have a pair of JBL LX 66 speakers that I have owned for about 15 years and are still brand new.
I looked at other more recent speakers but cant find anything that sound as good as them. I am thinking of pairing them up with e10 or e30's for the side and rear surrounds. I have a large room 20x22.
I also have an older yamaha mx 800 amplifier which I may use to drive my lx66's.
I am also purchasing a Sony Wega 60" rear projection LCD.
Do you think that the E series are a good speaker or do I need to go higher than that?
Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 803
Dan, hi there,

The JBL E series well that would depend on the type of budget you have, the bottom rule is the fronts must be the same, the same reason for dubbing theatres and cinemas, don't compromise the performance with mismatching, there are so many JBL models to choose from, and there prices ranging from the most affordable to the extreme highest costs.

PA cinema type will work in the home, giving the size of the room, anyway the ball is in your court, I can point you in the right direction show you some of the possibilities that will lay in front of you, but the primary goal hear is to find a quick solution.

Click on the link and browse though it look for price VS the specifications
http://images.google.co.uk/images?svnum=10&hl=en&q=jbl+e+series+&spell=1

Remember you will need three matching JBL's, for the fronts for the fronts to perform at there best, 10in drivers will be nice, however 15in will be on the money.

If you have a video projector or are planning on one in the future, the goal of home cinema is to recreate it not compromise its look nor sound too.

Silver Member

Post Number: 804
Dan,

Disregard that link it as failed for some reason, anyway hear are some images of some that will give films and music a run for there money.

The JBL control 10 is a nice package if you can get hold of three of them, spot on.
Upload

The JBL 4645 THX cinema approved sub bass is a classic, this what I use for the sub bass and the LFE as well, it's a total knock out I Kidd you not that can reach 120db if needed.
Upload

The JBL TCB Triple chamber Band-pass 4768 this will launch the space shuttle on any IMAX DVD and take you to warp 5 with the U.S.S. Enterprise
Upload

The JBL 4412a are a classic JBL monitor like I said if you have the means three-screen is the way to hear and fell the fronts.
Upload

I have more images for that instant look at the package.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us