Newbie: receiving fm station in sub woofer

Username: Jink

Post Number: 1
Hi gentleman,

First off, I must state that i'm the biggest newb when it comes to home audio. With that said, please forgive any misunderstandings I may have.

I have a sony HT DDW665 and i'm trying to connect a klh sub woofer. I know, I know. However, one thing I noticed is that once I connect speaker wires from my receiver to my sub there is radio interference. No matter where I place the sub in my room, the interference continues, unless I remove the speaker wires.

Any help would be appreciated, as I am nearing the point of giving up, and selling the system on ebay.

Bronze Member
Username: Feot

Texas USA

Post Number: 66
Could be a wiring problem somewhere in the wall, a defective receiver or a ghost in your house. I have a customer with the similar problem playing radio through an intercom system with no radio connected.
I would try to first go to the breaker box and shut off everything except the furthest electrical outlet. If you do this during the day, it will be easier. Run an extension cord to where the equipment is and see if the problem persists.
If that doesn't work, try to hook up a different receiver and see if you still have the problem.
Don't give up, you may be able to get xm radio before this is all over.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us