Speaker selection

Username: Cotizi

Post Number: 1
hello all,

i recently purchased some z-5500 speakers for my computer which i use for games, movies, and console audio. while i love my 5500's i do think that the full range driver for all 5 speakers doesnt have the clarity or detail that im looking for. i just moved out of a dorm and now live in a house, altought i still am in school, so im looking for some bookshelves that would make a good addition to the z-5500 sub for all of the channels including the center. my budget is around $650 or less. ive looked at some b&w and some axiom entry models but i fear they may be out of my range. also looked at some polks as well. Also, does this seem like a good idea? will i gain significant quality? thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 738
I think it would be a significant gain. I would go and hear some different bookshelves and decide for yourself, stay away from big box stores though, they tend to mark up junk. You may pay a little more at the smaller stores, but you will spend it for quality.

Username: Cotizi

Post Number: 2
thanks... right now im looking at getting some Athena AS-BS2.2 's for the front and their AS-c1.2 center speaker, and then some AS-R1.2's for the rear. only problem is that the computer is going to be in a corner L-shaped desk, so i dunno how im going to get the surround speakers positioned correctly. I've heard good things about Athena speakers, and im trying to find a local dealer so that i can go listen to them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us