Bose 321

tookie7155
Unregistered guest
whats wrong with bose i have a 321 system and it works fine we cant all have huge speakers and earth shttering subwoofers or we would be looking for a new apartment or have the police at our house it hooks up in minutes and no wires all over the room and the sound is pretty good and as for price buy at factory stores or open box or factory reconditioned 700.00 not expensive execept to the wallmart crowd it depends what yor tastes are and your wallet by what i have been reading most of the people here are loaded with cash

Blows
Unregistered guest
"Whats wrong with bose..."
Blows is cheaply made inferior junk sold at high prices to unsuspecting buyers. Take your spec sheet on frequency response, speaker sensitivity, etc., and what do you find? Nothing, since Blows knows they are junk and are afraid to publish the specs. Well, do an A/B comparison at the electronics store. Guess what, you can't. Blows strict policy does not allow their junk to be next to a real system. I'm not talking about buying huge speakers either. Check out the Micra 6 speakers from Athena at only 7x4.5x4.5 inches paired with a $250 receiver and it will blow Blows away! Even a $300 HTIB will dramatically outperform. People who buy the Lifestyle series for over 2 grand are suckered by Blows hype. A 2.5" driver by itself trying to be a tweeter and woofer with sub drivers of only 5.5". Give me a break. At least your 321 has a separate tweeter and woofer in the two speakers.

tookie7155
Unregistered guest
im happy with the way they sound im not looking for somthing to BLOW THEM AWAY in a apartment or condo setting they are perfectly fine im sure there are other systems that are better but with the 321 i can hear center and surround effects from where im seated without 5 speakers and running wires everywhere and i can entertain myself not the whole block (athena) ? sounds greek to me. lifestyle systems are very expensive and probably not worth it compared with other systems since there are multiple speakers and alot of wires why not go for something bigger and better

Bronze Member
Username: Rsxman

Post Number: 34
Well for what the system does and how many speakers it contains its ok, I bought one for my parents when I worked at BB and got it really cheap. Would I buy it for myself? Fudge knuckles no! But for being a 2.1 system that has the receiver incorporated into a dvd player it is pretty trick. Generally people who defend Bose revert back to the age old test: They seem to like what they hear and go for it. Everyone on this site recommends auditioning speakers before you do anything. Some people dont know what to listen for while others do.

slickster
Unregistered guest
"(athena) ? sounds greek to me"
good one, tookie7155
I agree lifestyle series is too expensive but 321 is good for many people especially not having those darn wires in back. Just my $.02

davidb audio review
Unregistered guest
The other day as we were remodelling our soundroom at work (Circuit City) I was taking down a Bose AM15 Series II system off of our walls, and one of the little "Jewelcube" speakers fell as soon as I started to loosen the screw. This was, of course, the fault of myself and the mount, not the speaker. Anyway, the thing fell a couple of feet, hit a step on my ladder, and then fell another 5 feet or so to the carpeted floor. Thing was SHOT. The two halves seperated from each other, the top half was cracked open, and I got a rare look inside of a Bose speaker. In short, I would guess that the speaker cost abourt $5-10 to make. Thin plastic cabinet, cheap driver, and (the part I didn't see coming) stuffed with synthetic wool. It looked like somebody down at Bose got into a pillowfight (with cheap, uncomfortable pillows) and hid the evidence in the speaker. If that doesn't kill any leftover notions of buying the Bose system for you, know this- my store has 5 open box Bose products right now, two 321's and three AM15's. Two of them are there just for being out of program, two were defective, and one was returned when the customer got it home, listened to it, and realized he'd spent $1300 on crap against my advice.

Username: Shamuchef

Orlando, Florida United states

Post Number: 2
i have a bose 321 system and i dont realy think it sounds as bad as everyone says i only paid 700.00 for it though, i dont think i would pay 1000.00. my next step is to put it in my bedroom with my 20 inch sony and dvd, and buy a 7.1 system for the living room. i have a 42 inch grand wega lcd rear project. and a sony dvp-ns975v player, any ideas for a system for around a grand ??

stabilizer
Unregistered guest
dude, rockin tv and player. hook it up with yamaha rxv-1400 (aka htr-5790) and JBL northridge series speakers. yammy has 750, etc and speaks come in different price points to get that killer system for around a grand

craziecomrade
Unregistered guest
I work at Fry's and I have to say that the 321 is the biggest waste of money. They made of paper and glue, they probably cost Bose about $15 to make. If you have to get a simulated surround sound, go for one of the Denon S series setups. Those still don't give you full surround, but at the least they are full range speakers with some clarity. And speaker quality is nothing about volue tookie, it's about quality and being able to hear a complete range of audio. The 321's are very high range speakers, they do sound good when you're listening to high range stuff, but if you listen to anything with mids or lows, and compared it to almost any other speaker, you'd realize they do sound like crap spilling out your ears.

jah
Unregistered guest
Are the bose cube speakers good or are they crap as well ?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5367
Some would disagree that they are crap. You should listen to them yourself and make your own conclusions.

I think they are south of crap!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us